Author Topic: Bob Edwards  (Read 1552 times)

01trayj

• View Profile
Bob Edwards
« on: June 02, 2019, 02:16:11 PM »

Bob, standing second from right, preparing for King's Lynn's first round FA cup match against Shrewsbury

Bob Edwards was an inside forward way back in the 50s-60s who played for Woking, Chelsea, Swindon,  Norwich and Northampton. He was a top scorer at Swindon, and helped Swindon and Northampton to promotion. He transferred to King's Lynn in the 60s. Bob was my Grandad, and sadly passed away last month at the age of 88.

I was wondering if anyone had (or knew people with) memories of Bob's time at the club, or contacts of team mates, memorabilia, etc? A long time ago, but we'd be really grateful for any help.

Perhaps the most complete player profile of Bob:
http://www.stamford-bridge.com/player.php?id=168&surname=Edwards&firstname=Robert

dillydilly

• View Profile
Re: Bob Edwards
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 08:29:46 PM »
Walls; Proverbs, Baker; Williamson, Bone, Wright; Bacon, Edwards, Donovan, King, Partridge.  Chilleystone too on a regular basis..  FA Cup 1st round often, in the days when we had a proper terrace at the Hospital End !.....

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 08:40:00 PM »
I  remember him, a good player in the sixties, the thing I remember most was the 1st round of the cup against Shrewsbury, we were losing 1-0 , the ball came into the box and Bob headed it in the corner, only for the ref to say he hand balled it, I was behind that goal and it went in off his shoulder, after it had touched his head, good player with a good team. Did he have a milk round in Lynn?

Colin Fuller

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 10:18:11 AM »
I remember Bob Edwards as a skilful, goalscoring inside-forward.  I think he captained the Linnets during the mid-sixties and played in a good Lynn team which included Mick Wright, Gerry Baker, Roy Proverbs, Ron Bacon and Dave Partridge. Around about that time I think Lynn may have been full-time for a short period.  Len Richley was manager.