Author Topic: Kings Lynn Reserves  (Read 2379 times)

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
Kings Lynn Reserves
« on: June 12, 2019, 01:11:57 PM »
Kings Lynn Reserves will playing at the Elgoods Stadium next season??? :bus:,

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Kings Lynn Reserves
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 01:14:21 PM »
Stephen Cleeve
‏ @StephenCleeve
13m13 minutes ago

Our reserves next season will play at Wisbech - very grateful for them to allow the ground sharing our Under 18’s will remain at The Walks. 
Season tickets will be valid for free entry at both grounds - need to protect the pitch as it has simply too many games on it last season

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 02:05:43 PM »
Makes sense on many levels.....hopefully tho it won't affect the support the team gets too much.

jossmandarin5

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 02:08:20 PM »
is the wisbech new stadium? :bus:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 02:52:33 PM »
Don't think many will bother to travel over,takes the shine off the season ticket a bit as reserve games were going to be free entry? :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 04:50:33 PM »

Wisbech Town FC
‏ @wisbechtownfc

News today that @officialKLtown Reserves will play their home games at the Elgoods Fenland Stadium next season. Where there is a fixture clash on a Saturday, Lynn's games will take place on a Friday night which could prove quite lucrative for both clubs. #Fenmen #Linnets

YouSayItBest

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 05:22:03 PM »
Got to wonder if the reserve team is wanted. Obviously makes sense as far as saving the pitch. But how many players will want to stick around, or even be able to travel to home games as I believe last season there were a lot of young players, probably unable to drive. We want the best chances of doing well at step 2, but have got to feel for the young-uns

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2019, 05:52:59 PM »
Loss of revenue as well,in the region of 100 fans a game that income will be lost.I presume that playing at Wisbech is not going to be free? :bankrupt: :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2019, 05:58:29 PM »
Can see the sense of it as far as the pitch is concerned, but struggling to understand any other advantage.  Will the Reserve players be signing dual registration with Wisbech ?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2019, 06:02:01 PM »
Will they be running a minibus for reserves who don't have a car or rely on parent power again? :dontknow:

YouSayItBest

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2019, 06:12:10 PM »
I wonder what that means for the scholarship too. The kids have been told they will be training and playing games on the walks pitch. I guess they will be moved elsewhere too?

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2019, 09:41:32 PM »
I’m hoping the U18 team is the team going thru the education system just put into place and we are expecting to have a few break into the first team.

With the promotion the reserve team players are going to struggle to make the grade, potentially looking at getting our better prospects out on loan is a more viable option for development?

Poor of this to be announced after ticket pricing was announced, I wonder how many people wouldn’t have purchased a season ticket if they new this?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2019, 09:42:18 PM »
Means nobody will bother raising funds for the reserves as it will all go into the Wisbech pot,will they have a sponsor now?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2019, 09:44:08 PM »
I’m hoping the U18 team is the team going thru the education system just put into place and we are expecting to have a few break into the first team.

With the promotion the reserve team players are going to struggle to make the grade, potentially looking at getting our better prospects out on loan is a more viable option for development?

Poor of this to be announced after ticket pricing was announced, I wonder how many people wouldn’t have purchased a season ticket if they new this?

And also people who were going to sponsor pitch squares are now not going to bother as the pitch will need less work? :bankrupt: :dontknow:

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2019, 10:20:16 PM »
I wonder what that means for the scholarship too. The kids have been told they will be training and playing games on the walks pitch. I guess they will be moved elsewhere too?

I wonder if rather this announcement is linked to the scholarship kids training and playing on the walks pitch.