Shhh
« on: June 17, 2019, 04:03:41 PM »
 :watching:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: Shhh
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 04:14:35 PM »
ďNo one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?Ē

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 04:23:24 PM »
Plenty been announced so far.

No point announcing any news until it's confirmed.....club officials are allowed the odd bit of time off!!

wack

• Steve Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 05:12:03 PM »
Jeez Paul lighten up man,just a bit of light hearted fun and why is it only club announcements allowed,yes they may have nothing to announce but what about the rest of us?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2019, 06:13:03 PM »
Always lightens things up a bit if we have a fe unfounded rumours and general light hearted frippery? :cheers: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
ďNo one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?Ē

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2019, 09:01:03 PM »
No news of any more friendlies?
So far, 2 home ones announced.
The price is increase was announced bloody quickly enough!

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2019, 09:34:06 PM »
Suspect that might be it for friendlies ...quite a "fair few". Majority of them away for a reason I guess.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2019, 08:57:01 AM »
If they donít want the Reserves playing on it maybe they donít want it over used for Friendlies.  They need to keep it in decent nick for the 8 Academy students they have signed up. 

Are there any Sports that are 8 a-side ?  General question as nothing much going on at the moment

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2019, 09:10:49 AM »
Disappointing  Academy numbers......I happened to see that Alvechurch had 150 turn up for their U18-21 Academy trials and had to extend the event to run over two days. Obviously their catchment area is vastly diff, but I wonder what they are doing that is drawing them in

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2019, 09:11:35 AM »

Are there any Sports that are 8 a-side ?  General question as nothing much going on at the moment

Quidditch is seven a-side.

Close enough?   :dontknow:
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2019, 09:16:21 AM »
Disappointing  Academy numbers......I happened to see that Alvechurch had 150 turn up for their U18-21 Academy trials and had to extend the event to run over two days. Obviously their catchment area is vastly diff, but I wonder what they are doing that is drawing them in

Our Academy is 16-18 year olds, not 18-21 so don't know if that makes a difference?

Shame the numbers don't appear to be higher, although given it's only the first year of it, maybe that was to be expected? Be interesting to know how many academy players other non-league clubs had in their first year?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2019, 09:33:44 AM »
Thatís right Paul, itís early days.  I think the reason a club like Dereham are so successful with their Academy is through the tie-up with Easton College.   Why are we not tied up with our local College.  Surely that has to be high on the list to make it work.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2019, 09:57:46 AM »
Thatís right Paul, itís early days.  I think the reason a club like Dereham are so successful with their Academy is through the tie-up with Easton College.   Why are we not tied up with our local College.  Surely that has to be high on the list to make it work.

Haven't we got a tie up with Gresham College?   :dontknow:
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2019, 10:42:24 AM »
I thought the Gresham tie up involved Ray Hall.  Is he involved with the New Academy? 

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2019, 10:57:07 PM »

Quidditch is seven a-side.

Close enough?   :dontknow:

Quidditch wouldnít wreck the pitch too much either. How much is it to get in?