Author Topic: Wivenhoe Town 2 Kings Lynn Town Res 2  (Read 9642 times)

tazzywazz

• View Profile
Re: Wivenhoe Town 2 Kings Lynn Town Res 2
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2016, 02:40:28 PM »
I have said several times Mallard that we all make mistakes and I hold my hands up but Robbie knew my opinion then and knows my opinion now, which is more important. I have spoken to Setch several times and told him what a fantastic job Robbie is doing, both for the Reserves and the club. He has been a breath of fresh air, would the likes of Whitey, Spits and Tom Mcleish still be here if they thought the team was not being run right, I don't think so. Tom has been captain, played at centre half, with a lot of youngsters in the team and has absolutely loved it, and we lost. The effort of the whole team was 100% and they totally dominated the game but couldn't score and conceded in the last few minutes.
I think a lot of the people who are critical of the Norfolk Cup selections need to speak to the players before making assumptions about how they feel. Also some of the teams in the Reserves league pay their players significant £ notes, our Reserves don't receive a penny, ask them about that as well, I am sure they would say they are very happy playing for King's Lynn Town. Exciting times.
I totally agree robbo, it is plainly obvious to anybody that the club is being run how a club should be run, on the playing side. It is now Setch's policy that injured or suspended players who miss a few games have a run out with the reserves, as recently with Muller. I think you will also find that unlike the past those 1st team players put in a proper shift when they do play for the Reserves. Seeing Pedro turning out with the Reserves is another big plus for the Reserve players. Exciting times.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2016, 03:09:42 PM »
Tazzy, it matters little what the fans think about team selection or most things to do with the club. Setch is the main man running things from top to bottom on the playing side of things, and so it should be.  However you cannot expect fans not to be a little surprised that a Reserve team fixture at home to a bottom 3 side  is loaded up with 6 first team squad members.  I don't think anyone is coming from anywhere other than the angle of 'surprise'.

Also Setch's total policy of players returning from injury should be commended with all players being given a run out in the Reserves before being selected back into the first team squad.   The only players out at the moment through Injury and/or suspension are Bridges and Stevo.  As Stevo has only missed one game I would assume that he would be straight back in the first team squad and with Bridges having missed a good few games with injury will come back via the Reserves.

Takes a big man to admit his mistakes Tazzy, but I did think you were somewhat harsh on Backie, and it is good you have feel you should  to eat humble pie on that one.  The guy had done well at previous clubs, was also an Ex Linnets, so had a good working knowledge of the Club. So for many people ( Setch included it would seem) he was the perfect fit.  Next time maybe give someone a chance to prove themselves before jumping all over them.

As For Money Tazzy, there are clubs playing at a lot lower level than Step 6 who are paying out decent Money.  hasn't this always been the case.

As The Reserves wont have any promotion to celebrate, come what may at the end of the season.  I really hope they get a run out at Carrow Road in the NSC final.  Would be a an excellent end to what has been an excellent season for them.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2016, 03:22:26 PM »
I am not arguing against the principle of giving squad players much needed game time it is just a matter of degrees - numbers IMO.

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2016, 03:37:10 PM »
I think Stevo and Bridges are probably special cases  and for them a run out with the Reserves may not on the cards. Bridges has been in and out of the side and expected that to be the case this season and Stevo is unlikely to be out of the team for long and is obviously a key player and Setch will want him back in the side asap.
As for me and Backie I think you will find that we get on very well these days and my original comments were based on me having watched Dersingham several times and been totally unimpressed, also I was concerned that he may have wanted to bring certain players with, fortunately he didn't. I won't say what he has said about his previous managerial experiences but I will say he will tell you he has NEVER enjoyed his football more than he is now, and he wants to be at the club as long as possible.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2016, 07:14:31 PM »
I think everyone connected with the reserves, not least the regular supporters are all doing a great job!!

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2016, 10:34:57 AM »
Thanks to Backie his team on and off the pitch, the reserves have become the real hub at the club the go between for all 3 teams TAZ what a credit to the set up this has developed into why change this at all? working well as is

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2016, 06:17:52 PM »
Why shouldn't the Club want the Reserves back in the fold. Setch is smart enough to see they are doing something very right, what's not to want ?

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2016, 09:15:44 PM »
Depends what happens to any money the reserves make now and in the future . . .
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2016, 10:45:04 PM »
I have little doubt that the Reserves will be back as part of the club next season, it is what Setch wants. I believe the Reserve committee will still be playing a part but not on the financial side, again I know that this is what Setch and particularly Backie wants. We should be having a meeting in the near future when I hope things will be finalised. It is what the committee has always wanted but in the past we seemed not to be part of the club. As some have suggested with the U18's, something we have pushed for for some time, the Reserves are now crucial to the future of the club. Setch deserves great credit for making this happen, he promised me before Christmas 2014 that he was going to start the U18's this season and oversee it himself, he has  been true to his word and done a fantastic job.
With all three teams as pert of the club we will go from strength to strength. How many supporters thought we would be where we are now at the beginning of the season?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2016, 08:18:52 AM »
Tazz, when you say a meeting to finalise things, does this mean it is not cast in stone ?  Or Is it more to decide on the structure going forward and what to do with any assets that The Reserve committee might have to pass on ?

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2016, 08:50:57 AM »
A couple of leading questions there Mallard. We have already had meetings with Setch and he has told us that the Reserves  will be a fully integrated part of the club next season. We have asked for another meeting to find out what he wants us to do and wether we can fit into his plans. Backie is very keen that we carry on and Setch wants that as well. People should realise that the committee has always wanted the Reserves to be part of the club and the introduction of the U18's has made it essential. As for the financial side of things that will have to stay a private matter between us and the club, as you would expect at any club. Playing budgets, running costs etc. are never made public.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2016, 09:19:33 AM »
Sorry Tazzy If the felt the questions were rather leading, that certainly was not the intention. It was just when you said about finalising matters.   Also When I mentioned assets I meant more equipment etc as I understood that the Reserves was very much a hand to mouth effort and that there wouldn't be vast sums of money  swilling around in the coffers.  Sorry for the confusion on that one. 

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2016, 09:52:15 AM »
That's ok Mallard. Gordon Chilvers has provided us with all the kit we have needed since we took over so that has never been a problem. In fact because he was really on the ball in 2014-15 we had a new Joma kit that was much better than the 1st team. This was because all the badges and numbers were part of the material and not stuck on. Thanks to Gordon, our supporters, sponsors and the Discovery Centre we have not done bad with money. As I say sponsors and supporters and the fact the lads have been very successful on the pitch, four championships in a row, from UCL Reserve League div 2 to the Thurlow Nunn, and 5th in the Thurlow Nunn last season, have seen our home gates continuing to rise, average for this season so far, 134.

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2016, 05:23:59 PM »
Taz often made comments re the reserve set up cant sing your praises enough along with all the people that has made the middle team so vital!

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2016, 10:54:51 PM »
Thanks for that Sworn, It was the right thing to do at the time and we have a few less men than we had then but with our sponsors, particularly Gordon and Kev Chase, and of course our management team of Backie and Curly, and our supporters, it's not difficult just time consuming. Another person who deserves the most praise, and he probably won't thank me, is Andy Mcleish. We have both been in from the beginning but Andy writes and prints the programme and although I act as banker he does the accounts, and either Andy or Len Candlish do the sandwiches. Andy is the only parent left, my grandson left 2/3 years ago. I believe there are going to be some really important announcements before season end which will move the club forward a long way. I just hope the supporters will keep coming back in more numbers, Setch the management team and players deserve it. Very exciting times