Author Topic: End of an era  (Read 2521 times)

Chilvers Gordon

• View Profile
End of an era
« on: June 28, 2019, 06:25:32 AM »
It has been a truly sad day that Double G Clothing who have sponsored the Reserves since 2003 and the club since the early 90s (the largest ever sponsor financially) have severed all ties at this present time. We (Gordon and Graham, the 2 partners of Double G Clothing) would sincerely like to thank everybody in the way of staff, supporters who supported the clubshop in our running days, the supporters club and away travel and every single player that we either sponsored in the early days and subsequently that pulled on the DOUBLE G CLOTHING sponsored playing shirts and kit. There are 2 many good people to mention individually who appreciated what has been done for the club but they know who they are and the powers that be and the correct people have been told before this becomes common knowledge.Sincere good luck to the Reserves (they will need it) and who knows one day we may be back but rest assured we will be out there somewhere supporting football in the King's Lynn area.

wixy

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Re: End of an era
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 09:05:26 AM »
I can only hope that the reason for pulling out is a commercial one. I do unfortunately believe that there must be other reasons, and if that is so I am very sorry as we need to attract sponsors not let them go. Which ever it is, thank you fall all the things you have done for this great club you will be sorely miissed.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 09:06:05 AM »
After the comments Mike George ( Frimstones) got on twitter from the Chairman for failing to re-new an advertising board, I hope you have got ya tin hat on Gordon. :thanks:

Chilvers Gordon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 09:54:23 AM »
As respect for what we have done over the past 25 years it would be nice if OUR perimeter boards were to stay in place.
The club are moving on but at this point in time it is not suitable for ANOTHER sponsorship package from Double G.

somerset linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2019, 10:46:42 AM »
With these comments, and the sound of silence coming from the club I fear all is not well. Lets hope I am proved wrong. :banghead; :banghead;

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2019, 01:25:11 PM »
The Chairman has posted on twitter re this

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2019, 01:38:54 PM »
The Chairman has posted on twitter re this. :scarf:

Most people won't be able to see it then.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2019, 01:48:13 PM »
"
Stephen Cleeve
‏ @StephenCleeve
4h4 hours ago

Sadly our time with Double G Clothing has come to a temporary pause - they have been great supporters to the club and am sure we will work together in the future but OíNeills only deal directly with clubs and not through 3rd parties. They will always remain true supporters
"

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2019, 02:01:50 PM »
Commercial sponsorship, particularly at step 2 and below of non-league will always be a mix of 'cold financial sense' (is there a reasonable chance of a return on the cost) and 'personal' (generally a director / senior manager with a previous personal interest) or you could say a mix of head and heart.  Hopefully in Double G's case there was enough of the former as there is little doubt that Gordon's heart was always with the Linnets.  However times move on and the club shouldn't be complacent that companies will always lend their support (and cash) but equally there may be times where the club has to what it thinks is best and that may not always align with a sponsor's view.

SC is on Twitter today thanking Double G which is a much better response than the childish reaction to another sponsor pulling out a couple of weeks ago and something that most fans would echo.  Interestingly SC also Tweeted that he could see the club being close to break even for the 2020/21 season - heaven only knows what the 'mega' announcement will be but from where I am sitting that really looks a long, long way off at the present time.

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2019, 03:49:57 PM »
 :farmer: Thank you Gordon and Graham for your true support of king's Lynn football club over the years, you have both been very generous in your support of our teams, hopefully we will still be seeing you both somewhere around the stadium on match days.  :oldman"

Attleborough Doug

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2019, 09:45:09 AM »
Sincere best wishes to Gordon & Graham - stalwart supporters thro' thick and thin.

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2019, 09:54:09 AM »
This is sad news indeed, over the years GC and friends have raised thousands and not just through Double G, I remember the new years eve disco, which went for 3 or 4 years, and would be sold out by August! Also the end of season events in the tent, Friday night dinner with a guest speaker etc, the next night a soul band and DJ, and on the Sunday lunch time the players awards.
It wasn't always about sponsorship deals and boards around the ground, it was about people caring about the club and putting the time and effort in to get the results. Gordon is one such person.

Chilvers Gordon

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2019, 07:39:43 AM »
Hi Mac, many thanks for those kind words. I enjoyed every minute of it  but all good things come to an end. Regretably in this case.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2019, 10:50:47 AM »
If the Reserve team sponsorship isnít available Gordon is there not another avenue you could explore in terms of sponsorship at the Club?   How about the Ground Sponsorship ?

Chilvers Gordon

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2019, 12:51:20 PM »
Time for a change. As others have stated we have more than done our bit over 25 years. Perhaps its time for some fresh at KLTFC and we will find pastures new. Our phone and email have not stopped since it was made official last week. Some very interested propositions out there so in the next 2 weeks i am sure there will be announcements made.