Author Topic: New kit  (Read 3479 times)

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
Re: New kit
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2019, 05:15:09 PM »

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2019, 12:09:36 AM »
I so agree with Uncle Tupelo - always seems daft describing ourselves for years as Blue and Gold, when there was no Gold !

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2019, 01:22:25 PM »

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11534659/filing-history

Is this the same MYT Sports as the shirt sponsor?   :dontknow:

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2019, 01:48:50 PM »
Will we be having a different shirt sponsor? Best not buy a shirt yet!
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2019, 01:59:26 PM »
Maybe an opportunity for the Club to approach Gordon Chilvers and see if a deal could be done on the first team shirts?

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2019, 02:17:53 PM »

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11534659/filing-history

Is this the same MYT Sports as the shirt sponsor?   :dontknow:

Where does SC keep finding these people?  Not sure where the club would stand if it was a multi-year deal, I guess it depends on what has happened to MYT, could be a number of reasons for 'striking off'

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2019, 02:26:03 PM »
Always thought it strange that they didn't have a website and when you Google them the only thing that seems to appear is an American company.
I suppose they could still exist as a sole trader?
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2019, 03:05:57 PM »
Does seem rather strange for the club to announce the new home shirt ( including sponsor) to be closely followed by the said Sponsor name to have an application for the Company to be struck off.  Company under a year old. Begs the question did they actually trade ?  Makes you wonder  :mystic:

I wonder if Stephen Cleeve will have a few options on the infamous table?  Have many replica shirts been sold ? 

I’m sure Mark Hearle will clear everything up.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2019, 03:13:42 PM »
I’m not expert in businesses, but maybe the company has already paid the money for the shirt sponsorship for this season?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2019, 03:48:50 PM »
Likewise Paul, I know little how these things work, but if we have been paid does that now make us a debtor of MYT Sports ?

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2019, 04:49:36 PM »
Likewise Paul, I know little how these things work, but if we have been paid does that now make us a debtor of MYT Sports ?

Obviously will be down to the contract terms but can't see how we can be a debtor - if they paid in advance then that will have been the terms, if they are unable to benefit from this years sponsorship that is their problem, the problem for us is if the payment terms were annual.  Maybe if there is a break clause we might be able to find a more lucrative option now we have achieved step 2 but lots of ifs, buts and maybes.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2019, 05:26:07 PM »

Obviously will be down to the contract terms but can't see how we can be a debtor - if they paid in advance then that will have been the terms, if they are unable to benefit from this years sponsorship that is their problem, the problem for us is if the payment terms were annual.  Maybe if there is a break clause we might be able to find a more lucrative option now we have achieved step 2 but lots of ifs, buts and maybes.

I think the basis of the deal was a 3 year contract, terms to be reviewed after each season?  :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2019, 06:14:28 PM »
Stephen Cleeve
‏ @StephenCleeve
4m4 minutes ago

Sad to report that our home shirt sponsor from last season has gone bust - this means there will be a delay to the home replica shirts being delivered as will need to find a new sponsor.  Away shirts are ordered and hopefully will be in the club shop for the first home game

Just to stop the conspiracy theorists we were fully paid by MYT Sports for last season although we were not paid the promotion bonus - clearly not paid for this season but I do hope to be able to announce a new sponsor very soon

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2019, 06:26:33 PM »
Maybe Stephen Cleeve could tempt Walt Disney into sponsoring the Club. Seems a good fit.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2019, 06:29:09 PM »
That’s a blow. Was looking forward to getting me new shirt, looks like I’ll have to wait a bit longer.

No doubt some will try & blame the chairman for this!!??