Author Topic: Pre-Season  (Read 3378 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Pre-Season
« on: July 03, 2019, 08:35:31 AM »
Nice piece on EDP website with pics of the players returning for pre-season.  Looked a decent turnout from the pics on there.  A few new faces there.

IC saying he is still looking to bring 2 more in.  One a defender and the other to be determined. 

KES80

• View Profile
Re: Pre-Season
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 09:05:50 AM »
Nice pre season piece on KLTV too with IC interview.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 04:41:19 PM »
Some of our coming opponents playing League clubs in pre-season.  We should expand from our usual Norwich City and Peterborough level.  It’s a new mindset needs in this league....

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 11:45:53 AM »
First one today,many going over? :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2019, 05:51:55 PM »
5-1 win.  Anyone have any info on the 6 players who played on trial for ya today ?

Keyr1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2019, 06:28:45 PM »
Last goalscorer was Joe Taylor, Is that one of the youth lads from last season?

Anyone in attendance able to give us some info. / scoop on who they are and how they played?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2019, 06:34:10 PM »
Who was the keeper today, as it appeared no Pedro ?
The Stamford Keeper Charlie Cosgrave (sic) when did he leave Lynn to join Stamford?

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2019, 06:36:43 PM »
Charlie played for them It was announced at half time that he would play for us second half but he continued for Stamford We had a triallist When I find out who they all were I will let you know how I think they played ,for what its worth

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2019, 06:44:56 PM »
Sam Kelly and Nathan Fox did well Gilbert played second half grew in confidence
Natty Stewart was quick , played first half
Left back had a good game Don't know his name
Charlie Rudland I think played second half Did ok Has a good side step and turn

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2019, 08:09:51 AM »
Any news from the Reserve game at Wells yesterday ?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2019, 04:15:20 PM »
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2019, 05:02:05 PM »
 :farmer: I have just watched the highlights from yesterday and a couple of things impressed me as well as the win for the Linnets, firstly the stadium at Stamford looks very nice, open down the side but in general it looked very good. The thing that hit me the most however was the amount of sponsorship boards around the pitch side, it appears to me that every space Stamford have pitch side was occupied by a sponsorship board, compare this to ours in recent times and a lesson could be learned. Fill all the space around a pitch and this could generate a healthy amount of money for a football club, well done to all concerned at Stamford, I now wait to see what our pitch side boards look like when we return.  :oldman"

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2019, 06:35:46 PM »
Any news from the Reserve game at Wells yesterday ?

Apparently Reserves won 5-0.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2019, 07:55:30 PM »
How did Tom Siddons perform for Stamford? Really sorry to see him go as he had so much potential but little game time.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2019, 09:04:06 PM »
Decent little run out for Neil’s boys by the seaside.  Especially when you consider maybe 3 (?) of his better players were on duty with the first team squad.

WLM I think Siddons is maybe at the level he needs to be where he  will be able to get a regular start.  Can’t see he would get much of that if he was with us now at Step 2. More importantly   Do you think we have the players in the squad to collect those overhit crosses this season ?  :farmer: