Author Topic: It all starts tonight.  (Read 2136 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
It all starts tonight.
« on: July 09, 2019, 08:22:18 AM »
First friendly, with the Reserves away at Thetford.

Is there any news on players with the Reserves ?  New signings, players that have departed etc.  Or is it very much as you were from last season ?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: It all starts tonight.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 10:55:00 AM »
I think you will find that interest in the reserves will be on the wane now they have moved to Wisbech?  :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 11:08:22 AM »
Still wearing the shirt with that badge in front. 

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 11:54:55 AM »
Still wearing the shirt with that badge in front.

I can wear a shirt with the badge on, people won't come and watch me, I'm afraid for the reserves apart from proud parents it will be one man and his dog going to watch.  :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 01:40:12 PM »
Those lads are still representing the Club, wherever it is they play.   As 4 of them are training with the First team then to me that says they are very much part of the long term thinking.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 01:59:38 PM »
Representing the club or not, can't see many Lynn fans making the effort?  :dontknow:

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2019, 09:40:22 PM »
Those lads are still representing the Club, wherever it is they play.   As 4 of them are training with the First team then to me that says they are very much part of the long term thinking.

Are you are referring to the 4 rather than the Reserves as a whole ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2019, 10:16:54 PM »
Lost 7-1.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2019, 10:23:21 PM »
Perhaps I should have worn the shirt? :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2019, 10:41:40 PM »
It's a Tuesday night, so does that mean first team training, so that the chosen 4 were not with the Reserves tonight ?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2019, 07:09:10 AM »

Are you are referring to the 4 rather than the Reserves as a whole ?

KES, I’m saying that despite the Reserves being sent over to Wisbech the structure of the club is very forming in place and IC sees them as a part of the future as a natural
Path to the first team squad.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2019, 09:24:05 AM »
Ah , thanks for that Mallard am clear now where you are coming from. I personally tend to think that there will be an opportunity this season for the best of the ressies to show if they are potential National League players. Thereafter, it wouldn't surprise me if the emphasis was on the Academy/ u 18s (as I believe to be  the case with most sides at National level ). I believe a side for local lads 18  plus who are around step 5/6 may morph into something a little different from what it is now....maybe with less of a strong link to the main club

Chilvers Gordon

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2019, 10:38:03 AM »
Danny White ex Lynn manager of Thetford Town i believe.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2019, 12:00:03 PM »
That’s Correct Gordon, he has been Managing there for maybe 3 seasons.  Think they had a Carrow Road Senior Cup appearance last season.

They have lost their main striker from last season (Volta Rocha), some May recall he had a short spell with us last season.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2019, 12:10:52 PM »
KES, it has to be the way forward with the youth.  No point in having a Reserve (step6 is as high as they can go) full of players who at maybe 20 are not ever going to be of the standard required for first team football ( at Step 2 or even 1).  There has to be a conveyor belt, and no point in having ‘blockages’ in the system that stops young lads getting game at Step 6 level.  I guess the idea will be to loan players out to bridge the gap in standards between Step 6 and step 1 or 2?

Maybe someone from the club get let the fans know what is the plan for the future.