Author Topic: It all starts tonight.  (Read 2182 times)

KES80

• View Profile
Re: It all starts tonight.
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2019, 02:15:23 PM »
I quite agree Mallard, really the Reserves in its current format isnt much of a route to National League football. Obviously there is a need for a Lynn based team offering step 6 football for the local young men of the town and surrounds...as I say I think the current reserves may morph into a different name and set up after this coming season.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2019, 12:12:11 AM »
I seeYork and Gateshead had work-outs tonight against Leeds and Middlesbrough respectively - I hope that doesn’t show they have more ambition than us..... ?

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2019, 08:12:21 AM »
I seeYork and Gateshead had work-outs tonight against Leeds and Middlesbrough respectively - I hope that doesn’t show they have more ambition than us..... ?
:laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

No just more established at this level, better connected and nicely placed geographically for those games.. Guiseley have just played Bradford City and Leamington have played Coventry.. Next year hopefully Lynn will have Peterboro and or a Norwich XI.
A 'big' friendly or two is a useful money spinner before the season starts.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2019, 10:11:13 AM »
Peterborough ( including FBT) played at Stamford the other night.  Gate of around 1500, admission a fiver.  No harm in giving something back.