Author Topic: Dream Team for 2019/20  (Read 3075 times)

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Re: Dream Team for 2019/20
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2019, 01:46:44 PM »
With some great players in the Squad for this season I can see at least 2 x Out on Loan. (Harry Limb and Nathan Stewart again?)

Nearly all the positions are up for grabs with 2 or more players vying for each slot.

Back 4 from Fryatt, McAuley, Smith, Fox, Barrows, Carey and Jones.

Midfield from Clunan, Jarvis, Jones (again), Henderson, Kelly, Richards, Hawkins.

Strikers from Gash, Marriott, Hawkins (again), Henderson (again), Richards (again).

Spoilt for choice but my Dream Team to start:

Street,
Jones (Wingback), Fryatt, Smith, McAuley, Fox (Wingback)
Clunan, Henderson, Kelly
Gash, Marriott

Subs: Hawkins, Barrows, Richards, Carey, Jarvis

Carey in defence??!!  :laughcry:

Paul47 - From the Team Pen Pictures:

Sonny Carey (Defender)
Born: Hellesdon 20 January 2001 Age 18
Signed June 2019 from Wroxham FC for whom he made 36 appearances (32 starts) and scored 17 goals in the 2018-19 season.
He was picked up by Norwich City Academy at the age of seven and was part of the Under 10s and Under 13s squads and played for Under-14s in tournament in Woudenberg, near Utrecht in June 2014.
The Easton and Otley College sports student was selected for the 20-man England Colleges FA national team for the 2018-19 season.
He has had trails with Norwich City, Oxford United and Cambridge United.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2019, 01:56:32 PM »
Mike, heís an attacking midfielder. Certainly was at Wroxham anyway.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2019, 01:59:31 PM »
Just goes to show you canít always believe whatís written. Defo a centre mid player.

Paul, I see Wroxham have signed 1 or 2 players who have been playing for Grantham.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2019, 01:45:17 PM »
Street
Barrow
Fox
Smith
McAuley
Fryatt
Jarvis
Kelly
Clunan
Gash
Marriott

Jones
Hawkins
Carey/ Concrave
Henderson
Richards

That would be my preferred starting team in a 3-4-1-2 formation with Kelly slotting in just behind the front 2.  Could probably put forward a case for Jones vs Burrows wide right and I think we could well see Carey splitting time with the two lads in the middle of the park.  Squad still looks a bit short in certain areas to me.  Defensive cover looks like Jones or alternatively we have to swap to a back 4?  Also the squad as it currently stands would be going with 'fill ins' up front but it's probably not worth paying a ready made replacement to sit on the bench so if we were to lose Gash or Marriott for an extended period IC may be thinking that he would have more options looking to the loan market at that point in time, still think there was a role within the squad for Toby, not sure that is the case for either Stewart or Limb who I guess will be out on loan again in the near future?  Also think we might have one too many 'attacking midfielders', much as it is great for IC to have options, there is only so much budget and what is spent in one area can't then be spent elsewhere.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2019, 04:03:46 PM »
Certainly got too many attacking midfielders if we play that line up. Looks short of pace to me down the spine...pace to burn on the bench.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2019, 04:15:32 PM »
Opening day of the season, a League higher, away from home.  Think we need to be solid KES.  Old saying if they donít score we canít lose.  Anyway Kelly has got a yard on him.  If we need to change it there are other attacking midfield options on the bench. Plus we have two strikers who will be a handful for a lot of teams this season, for different reasons.

All about Opinions KES.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2019, 05:23:44 PM »
Certainly got too many attacking midfielders if we play that line up. Looks short of pace to me down the spine...pace to burn on the bench.

I'm with Mallard on this.  Not really sure where / how you would add pace specifically to the spine?  Smith is probably our quickest defender, Marriott the quickest forward and as Mallard has said, Kelly doesn't look to be a slouch.  Only real option would be to replace Clunan or Jarvis with Richards (or both if you brought in Carey) but think 'solid' will be the mantra for the season, away from home at least.  How would you swap things round KES80?

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2019, 07:05:11 PM »
I wouldnít leave Burrows out of the starting 11

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2019, 08:20:23 PM »
I wouldnít leave Burrows out of the starting 11

Barrows.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2019, 09:08:31 PM »
Hi Mallard, Hi Tony.
Yes very much about individual views isn't it...makes for some good in depth discussion. I have already posted my line ups earlier in the thread. I favour a tight line up for Guiseley, not dissimilar to yours but would play Richards instead of Clunan...I feel that gives us more bite and zest and possibly abetter chance of snuffing out the counter.
For the homes games against all but the best teams in the league ,I would revert back to the Diamond with Clunan orchestrating things.
The way the squad is, full of midfielders and attacking options and pace, I would be surprised if three at the back is a constant feature....otherwise I can see a gradual exodus of midfielders who don't get game time. If 3 at the back were to become a regular feature I would also question what role in the side Jarvis might have ?

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2019, 09:14:39 PM »
For away at Guiseley I would go for :
Street, Jones, Fryatt , McAuley, Smith, Fox,
Jarvis, Richards, Henderson, Marriot, Gash
Subs Barrows, Clunan, Kelly, Hawkins, Carey

For at home to Kettering, I would go:
Street, Jones, Fryatt, McAuley, Fox, Jarvis, Clunan, Henderson, Kelly, Marriott,Gash
subs Barrows, Smith, Richards, Hawkins, Carey

From earlier in thread guys.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2019, 09:23:07 PM »
Interesting you prefer Jones to Barrows as the right wing back. For me Jones offers more quality on the ball but Barrow gives more pace when bombing on.  Defensive wise not a lot between them

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2019, 09:37:41 PM »
Yes, not much between them and could have gone either way.I am more familiar with Jones, so I guess that's probably why I feel more comfortable that way round.

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2019, 01:09:37 PM »
Opening day of the season, a League higher, away from home.  Think we need to be solid KES.  Old saying if they donít score we canít lose.  Anyway Kelly has got a yard on him.  If we need to change it there are other attacking midfield options on the bench. Plus we have two strikers who will be a handful for a lot of teams this season, for different reasons.

All about Opinions KES.

They finished 19th last season.

After season before finishing rock bottom of Conference, and two seasons before just finishing outside relegation zone.

Granted they've played at a higher level for longer, but they've won just 40 games in their last 180 league games so have a losing mentality around the club. Won 5 home games out of 21 last season. Game where King's Lynn have to be approaching going for the win if they want to have a solid season.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2019, 03:09:52 PM »
I agree Non league , without being gung -ho, we need to remain solid in defence, but really go for it when we have the ball....we are the side in form, high in confidence and with a mainly settled squad. From what I see Guiseley have strengthened somewhat from last season, but it usually takes time for new players to gel. I am of the mind "hoping for a win, but will take a draw".