Author Topic: Saturday.  (Read 1127 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Saturday.
« on: August 21, 2019, 02:31:04 PM »
Any predictions for the game? Think I will go for another 3-1 to Lynn,probably a good crowd,I would say 1200. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
ďNo one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?Ē

Les Smith

• View Profile
Re: Saturday.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 04:27:38 PM »
Hope I am not tempting fate but I reckon Lynn will win by 2 or 3 goals. Curzon have scored 9 goals but against some of the weaker teams in the league. This game is the first of 3 home matches out of 4 for Lynn so if our home form remains solid and we achieve a decent points return we shall be very nicely placed after 8 matches. I live in Portugal and was hoping to attend a midweek home match when I am in Lynn in mid September but having reviewed the fixture list it looks like this will not be possible. I'll need to get things sorted so that I am there on Jan 18th when York visit The Walks :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 07:41:39 PM »
Think this might be closer than some may think.  Going for a heart 2-1 or a head 1-1.  Gates of 1100 plus for the first to so with it being a Bank Holiday Saturday and on the back of a 3-1 away win, would hope for 1400 there.

Having watched Grant Holt and Simon Lappin last night.  One could still do a job for us while the other maybe should just stick to his Wrestling.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 08:28:08 PM »
One where Lynn need to be right on it from the off or they may come unstuck. Some of the less fancied sides have had good starts and I think the Nash will take some beating. Hopefully the week off will help Lynn to maintain their early momentum.....2-2 or just maybe 2-1 Lynn.

Les Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2019, 09:51:33 PM »
Taking a quick look at this league am I right thinking that at least 9 of these sides have seen league football at some stage?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 08:48:07 AM »
Thatís what I make it Les. 

Boston, Kiddy, BPA, Chester, York, Gateshead, Southport, Hereford and Darlo

Les Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2019, 01:30:13 PM »
Thanks Mallard. Although I had the correct number I thought that Kettering had achieved that fame. I had overlooked Gateshead - it must have been a long time ago that they were there.

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2019, 02:13:19 PM »
Hopefully a win by any score - at the moment I think all sides are capable of beating anyone on there day so will take a win

crowd go about 900 as its Bank holiday weekend and the last week of school holidays  so some will be away  and the weather

is meant to be a scorcher

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2019, 09:58:05 AM »
We need the same positivity that the team showed in the first half at Telford.  Attacking midfielders to keep the opponents back in their half most of the time.  We donít need 3 Centre-halves, because defenders donít provide the best defence, IMHO.  The whole team are defenders if they get behind the ball when necessary, then they can break quickly - on the ground.  They will have quick attackers too, so keep them back as much as possible. COYL.......

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2019, 10:24:55 AM »
Think 3 central defenders and wing backs worked well the time out at The Walks (Hereford).  Maybe IC  is going with a Walks system and changing it for away days ?