Author Topic: Fortress Walks  (Read 2199 times)

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
Fortress Walks
« on: August 06, 2019, 10:07:48 PM »
Great start to the home campaign, decent attendance for a midweeker, was the bar well supported ?
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

dillydilly

• View Profile
Re: Fortress Walks
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 10:36:58 PM »
Impressive performance once we settled down - when both sides stopped the head tennis.  Deserved the win, and it feels like the start of a very decent season.  We look hard to beat and difficult to stop.  Good crowd too, which may snowball somewhat on Saturday vs Hereford.

little John

• A LYNN BOI/ BOR/ BUH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 10:51:54 PM »
First time I see us beat them as well.

Paulos

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 10:53:35 PM »
Impressive performance once we settled down - when both sides stopped the head tennis.  Deserved the win, and it feels like the start of a very decent season.  We look hard to beat and difficult to stop.  Good crowd too, which may snowball somewhat on Saturday vs Hereford.

Hereford sold over 1000 tonight for the away end at Gloucester ok its only 40miles away but that is some support still, looks like itíll be a big test saturday

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2019, 11:01:15 PM »
Sadly there were only about half a dozen in the bar after the game.  :dontknow:
ďNo one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?Ē

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2019, 11:06:48 PM »

Plenty in before the game. Maybe being midweek people had to get home? Hopefully more will stay on Saturday?

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2019, 01:10:29 AM »
Great win tonight great crowd but for the life of me I canít understand why he isnít playing Sam Kelly from the Start is beyond me

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2019, 06:45:59 AM »
It was buzzing before the game Griss. A massive improvement in atmosphere from last season. If fans are still drinking down the Napier before a match you would have to question their club loyalty.

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2019, 06:49:31 AM »
Great win tonight great crowd but for the life of me I canít understand why he isnít playing Sam Kelly from the Start is beyond me
Agree about Kelly. He looks exceptional. Brilliant work on the left to set up Carey for the second. You could see the makings of a damn good side last night. The ref should have been much tougher with Kettering and that booking for Marriott was laughable.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2019, 07:01:34 AM »
Think that was a very controlled, professional performance from Lynn.  Even when the break through didnít come  we kept plugging away.  Shame we shipped that goal as we deserved a clean sheet against  a Kettering side who seemed to have very limited ambition in an attacking sense.

We have plenty of potential and really think we will be comfortable at the level.

Attleborough Doug

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2019, 09:46:38 AM »
A great game and atmosphere ! Well deserved win and the pitch looked first class -- give the groundsman a bonus. Some players may have to review the studs in their boots as there were quite a few unintentional slips due to the new sprinkler system in action. Also notice Paul Bastock having a consoling word with Alex as they came off as it was his 'spill' that gifted them the goal. Have to mention that our bench now looks really strong.

birch95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2019, 10:04:43 AM »
 :clap: :clap: chairman. boss, assistant & players take a bow...that is as accomplished early doors as I have seen for many a season...... :scarf:

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2019, 11:33:19 AM »
Great win we were dominant throughout. Thought the only plan they had to stop Gashie was to foul him. Should have had a lot more free kicks than we got

GrahamB

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2019, 11:56:11 AM »
I thought it was a very strong accomplished performance. Bit of edge seat time in the first half when lady luck was against us. Kettering bringing on Stohrer at half time rattled us a bit but all in all the right result in terms of the overall game. The chasing and shutting down , especially by Hendo, was top class.
Two points I wish to raise, one if Gash or Marriott get injured/suspended where is the back up? Second, why has Pedro taken to punching rather than catching?
I feel as the season progresses  we have the ability , class and management to surprise a few teams ........... and lets make The Walks a fortress again!

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2019, 01:30:30 PM »
Guess we all see things differently, I thought first half we were a bit too direct which played into Kettering's hands a little bit, lots of endeavour but we didn't really create a clear cut chance.  Second half we tried to play a bit more and a really well worked first goal totally opened them up.  Agree with others in that I can't understand going with the same 11 ie no Kelly from the start when all the talk pre-match had been about using the squad with games coming thick and fast.  Carey showed what a prospect he is with his goal, not just in the way he finished it but also fantastic awareness to hold his position to allow Kelly to find him with the pass. 

So, three points in the bag, confidence raised and onto the weekend which I am guessing will be a sterner test of our capabilities at step 2.