Author Topic: Setch's thoughts on up coming games  (Read 11023 times)

tazzywazz

• View Profile
Re: Setch's thoughts on up coming games
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2016, 01:28:33 PM »
We definitely do differ Mallard. In your last post you stated:
I do not class rewarding loyal fans and attempting to attract old fans back and testing the market for new fans is a 'Gimmick' as you call it.  Maybe your time in marketing differs to mine.    Why do you think it is that so many clubs offer discounted rates for  Pre-season Friendlies and even in the early rounds of The FA Cup and Indeed the League Cup at Pro level ?  Must be just a Gimmick I guess, in your eyes.   These marketing teams at this Pro.
You are not talking about end of season battles for promotion etc. just low level games to try and get a few more through the door.
I ran my own buy/sell business for 25 years and soon found that giving discounts usually lost me money. What the customers really wanted was great products at a fair price coupled with great service. I think that is what Setch is trying to achieve and the supporters are gradually realising they are getting what they want. If only half of what I have been told is added to what we have already got, and I am told there's more as well, then it will put the club in a place above anything I have seen in the past. Keep the faith, exciting times.
Thanks for reminding me Backie I wondered where the money had gone!!!!!!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2016, 02:07:45 PM »
I will bow to your superior knowledge on that Backie, I thought Smith came in on the budget of Ja Ramm or even Speight. 

Thanks for the that information Tazzy, I will remember that this Easter with the 3 for 2 promotion  one of the Blue Chip Company's I deal with are running..  Shall I tell them its a gimmick, and wont drive sales ? Unbelievable.  :banghead;

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2016, 02:24:06 PM »
What was originally suggested as a simplistic occasional marketing tactic has become over complicated? One that would perhaps encourage those who used to attend games to return along with others who would be new to the Walks, to become regulars; would be IMO a valid and potentially valuable exercise.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2016, 02:31:16 PM »
Tazzy, even the Club's Owner is not adverse to the odd 'Gimmick'  at Saddlebow Road where it is common place to  offer a discounted rate for a double header.  Perhaps you could advise him where he is going wrong.  Be careful he doesn't tell you where to go or he has been known to give a good stiff kick to the old rear end.  Allegedly.  :laughcry:

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2016, 03:34:18 PM »
We've tried a couple of things in the past. I remember the 4 games for the price of 3 ticket in the UCL when we had four matches in 8 days at The Walks; and there were also some Saturday/Tuesday deals around the same time when we had two home games in four days.

This could be fairly easy to implement with advance ticket sales (buy your Tuesday ticket on the Saturday for a small saving); as long as Season Ticket holders don't lose out in the long run.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2016, 03:57:59 PM »
There are many ways you encourage people to turn up, but if people involved at the club see them as nothing more than gimmicks, cannot see it happening.  Still who are we to judge, they know best. After all it's their club.  We are but mere fans.

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2016, 06:42:21 PM »
I think you are the one unable to see the other point of view Mallard. I have no influence on anything that happens at the club, thankfully, all I do is help with the reserves and support Backie and the players. I do however support what is going on at the club and feel that what Setch is doing is the way forward. If he were to drop the prices or whatever I would support that as well, but I don't think he will, or even may not be able to. I hope the crowds will continue to rise as Setch, his coaching team and the players deserve it for their efforts. We all know ex-supporters and we should be trying to persuade them to return. There are some hardcore stay aways who won't return even if Setch paid them to come in!!! Nice to see you admit you were wrong about Lee Smith, makes a change.

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2016, 04:34:48 AM »
Taz nice to see you are putting the voice of reason in such a good way, hard not to agree with most of yor posts.

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2016, 07:29:07 AM »
I appreciate that Sworn.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2016, 11:14:21 AM »
I think it is both logical and beneficial that we do not always share the same opinion, just so long as we all have the ultimate good of the club at heart.