Author Topic: Opening Day Defeat  (Read 2244 times)

TonyM

• View Profile
Re: Opening Day Defeat
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2019, 01:36:25 PM »
Reading the reports it seems like 3-0 may have been a bit harsh but don't think anyone has said it was the wrong result.  Whilst others have said on here that IC could be a big factor this season (again), he can only work with the squad assembled and we saw enough points dropped with individual errors last season to know that we are prone to giving teams openings, just sounds like Guiseley made us pay.

If MacAuley is still not 100% will IC slot Payne in as a makeshift third centre half or swap the formation round?  I think we need to find a way of getting Kelly into the starting 11, IC is in the press today saying he wasn't 'quite right' and appreciate it is a long season but I would still start him tomorrow night.  Not quite a six pointer just yet but in an ideal world given the opposition I think we should be looking for four points from our first two home games.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2019, 03:08:32 PM »
Agreed Tony.
Once again, excellent highlights, well done Bev.
For those of you who haven't subscribed yet to KLTFC TV on YouTube, you're missing out guys !

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2019, 06:34:48 PM »
Seeing the highlights Hendo has a glorious chance and 2 of there goals were gifts, must learn quickly.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2019, 07:06:58 PM »
I know highlights donít tell the full story, but taking them in isolation I would suggest we we were lucky to get away with a 3-0 defeat.  As  93 said a couple of gifts there.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2019, 11:34:45 PM »
I Agee to Kelly is a must and get Payne on in the midfield they bossed the midfield

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2019, 12:47:36 PM »
I have just watched the Guiseley edited highlights which are 13 mins long. Lynn looked rather leggy and short of pace in defence and defensive midfield. Guiseley had a string of tough friendlies against full time opposition and looked in peak condition....Lynn's friendlies in contrast were largely against mediocre opposition and they now seem to be playing catch up trying to get to the required level. Hopefully it won't be take them long to get there !

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2019, 01:26:17 PM »
Highlights really don't make for great viewing - could easily have been more but for some poor finishing, not quite the 'we made three mistakes and were punished each time' which was the how the reports read.  KES80, not sure if it was our preseason or we are just generally not up to the speed required for the new league, which is a collective step up, maybe a bit of both?  Hope for better tonight, IC has said he is taking it in blocks of 10, given how quickly the games are coming this will be early September so think we will all have a better idea of where we are by then.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2019, 02:17:03 PM »
Yes let's hope so Tony.
(Just for the record, Guiseley's friendlies to get them up to speed were:
Bradford City, Leeds United, S****horpe United, Stockport County, Harrogate Town and South Shields ! )

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2019, 02:18:11 PM »
Ps I didn't type the stars there !!!!

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2019, 04:58:25 PM »
Already, they looked to have the slippery individuals, and we looked stodgy and lacking the guile to unlock heavily manned defence.  But, it was an away game and hopefully we will improve.  The question vs Kettering is do we have players to wrong foot defenders to create easier chances than normally arrive from high balls into the box.  Fingers crossed - we shall see.  He should play our quickest and slickest players, not our toughest tacklers.  Good luck, and I hope the crowd isnít down too much following Saturday....

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2019, 05:21:54 PM »
The way I see it the requirement is for both ...the two often go together ...quick and with physical strength......think people often misunderstand if someone says "tough tackling midfielder".... we're not talking bygone age clumpy, slow moving hardman, we're meaning someone like a Patrick Viera (sorry spelling incorrect) or Roy Keane....... someone who is "slick" as you often put it, but who also has a real physical presence.......and at home I fully agree more emphasis on having a go, than was the case at Guiseley.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2019, 05:24:04 PM »
KES80, take the point about friendlies, hopefully if we can establish ourselves at step 2 we will be able to attract 'higher' clubs?

...I hope the crowd isnít down too much following Saturday....
Will be interesting to see tonights attendance, irrespective of Saturdays result I would be happy with anything above 1000 but SC was on Twitter earlier in the week hoping for "at least 1300", think that may be overly optimistic.