Author Topic: vs Hereford 10th August  (Read 2462 times)

TonyM

• View Profile
vs Hereford 10th August
« on: August 08, 2019, 06:29:08 PM »
Looks like my query re segregated matches will get tested this weekend

https://www.kltown.co.uk/single-post/2019/08/08/Segregation-in-operation-for-Hereford-fixture

No comment in the article as to on who took the decision to segregate the crowd but hopefully all passes without incident.  Think will be a much tougher test than we faced Tuesday evening.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
Re: vs Hereford 10th August
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 10:48:16 PM »
surely it was the safety advisory group who made the decision.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 11:38:14 PM »
Such a good pitch vs Kettering.  Big thanks and congratulations to the groundsman.  Bit concerned at the weather forecast for Saturday - not because it will put off supporters, but will there be any problem for the pitch with heavy rain expected tomorrow, Friday ?  Certainly hope not - the team played so well on that surface against Kettering....

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 11:55:39 PM »
Such a good pitch vs Kettering.  Big thanks and congratulations to the groundsman.  Bit concerned at the weather forecast for Saturday - not because it will put off supporters, but will there be any problem for the pitch with heavy rain expected tomorrow, Friday ?  Certainly hope not - the team played so well on that surface against Kettering....

I think the new drainage system is doing a good job a the moment. :rain:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2019, 09:00:32 AM »
Hope you’re right about the drainage system - to continue playing like we did against Kettering, we have to keep that surface.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2019, 10:19:50 AM »
The Groundsman Steve Curtis has done a fantastic job on the playing surface.  All credit to the guy.   The same can be said for IC in his recruitment and keeping the squad together. Add in Stephen Cleeve who continues to back the Club from top to bottom.  There are however other things at the Club that need addressing to keep pace with the level we are now playing at.  For example Mr Cleeve having to put out a request for a match day sponsor for the big game on Saturday. 

What are these people behind the scenes actually doing ? Let’s hope the Chairman gets the support he deserves.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2019, 10:30:29 AM »
Stop.moaning.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2019, 10:51:55 AM »
Jesus.  Just giving credit where credit is due.  So much right at the Club now. 

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2019, 01:37:51 PM »
The Groundsman Steve Curtis has done a fantastic job on the playing surface.  All credit to the guy.   The same can be said for IC in his recruitment and keeping the squad together. Add in Stephen Cleeve who continues to back the Club from top to bottom.  There are however other things at the Club that need addressing to keep pace with the level we are now playing at.  For example Mr Cleeve having to put out a request for a match day sponsor for the big game on Saturday. 

What are these people behind the scenes actually doing ? Let’s hope the Chairman gets the support he deserves.

Sponsor now on board, per SC's Twitter
"Big thanks to Jack Webber and Webber Roofing for Sponsoring Saturday’s game against Hereford - support is really appreciated Jack"

My concerns re the infrastructure off the pitch have been well documented but we are where we are so have to make the best of it although I think you could make a pretty strong case that the Chairman is getting way more support than 'he deserves'.  Hopefully over time he will come to realise what is required behind the scenes at step 2 and that it won't be a quick fix.

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2019, 01:53:48 PM »
Please correct me if I'm wrong Tony but, are you implying the Chairman shouldn't be getting any help or support because of what he has or hasn't done in the past ?
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2019, 02:07:57 PM »
Please correct me if I'm wrong Tony but, are you implying the Chairman shouldn't be getting any help or support because of what he has or hasn't done in the past ?

No I am not saying he 'shouldn't' be getting support but he doesn't always make it easy to support him with some of his words and actions.  I don't think the club has ever really had a great relationship with the business sector in the town and surrounding area and to put that right will take an awful lot of time and effort (although I would accept a successful team would also play its part) but to be appealing for a match day sponsor less than 48 hours before the first home Saturday of the season doesn't bode well.  On a personal level, I am supporting the club in the ways that I am comfortable with as a fan.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2019, 04:07:39 PM »
I agree with Mallard that Steven Cleeve is doing the club proud.  This is by far the best period we’ve had for 30 years.  We’ve been left behind by many, even most of the clubs that were our competitors years ago, but we now appear to be progressing.  Must be big thanks to the Chairman - I hope we give him cause to maintain his interest and ambition.

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2019, 04:44:27 PM »
Tony, I agree with your bit about local business. For years, maybe never, has there been a big local company trading nationwide, with a large advertising budget,employing 100's maybe 1000's of local people for the club to latch onto.
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Chilvers Gordon

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2019, 05:04:34 PM »
Tony, I agree with your bit about local business. For years, maybe never, has there been a big local company trading nationwide, with a large advertising budget,employing 100's maybe 1000's of local people for the club to latch onto.
Totally disagree Blue Moon.
Master Foods, Coopers, Bespak,Germains, Fosters, Snap On, Lynn Star, Sandles, Stebbings, MKM, Jewson, Guy Raymond, Palm Paper etc etc etc. to name a few. When approached they are quoted Premier League £SD. quote]
Seemingly if you are prepared to become Commercial Manager you can have a free V.I.P ticket for your troubles! How long did the last one last. DAYS!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2019, 05:45:31 PM »
Gordon, no idea who the latest incumbent was doing the Commercial role.  Seems to be a bit of a revolving door that comes with that ‘Job’.   

We have a full time employee as Manager ( and rightly so). We have a full time Groundsman ( what a job he has done !).  Yet we treat the Commercial side so unprofessionally.    The guy Craig Singleton at Boston Utd does the Secretary job, Media and the Commercial side.  He had sold all the League Sponsorship packages within 48 hours of the fixture release.  The club also benefits from such things as shirt ( back n front) shorts, Ground, stand, Pitch sponsors and many other forms of sponsorship as well.

I’m sure once the Chairman gets up to speed on what other clubs are doing to generate funds he will all over it.

Early days, let’s give him a chance.