Author Topic: vs Hereford 10th August  (Read 2496 times)

KES80

• View Profile
Re: vs Hereford 10th August
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2019, 07:58:43 PM »
Just brilliant to see how far the club has come in such a short space of time...thank you Stephen Cleeve!
I feel sure the Commercial side will be one of the next areas to be uprated....it is of course really important......there are so many areas where the club needed dragging forward....think we should be so grateful that it is happening.

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2019, 09:17:27 PM »
Tony, I agree with your bit about local business. For years, maybe never, has there been a big local company trading nationwide, with a large advertising budget,employing 100's maybe 1000's of local people for the club to latch onto.
Totally disagree Blue Moon.
Master Foods, Coopers, Bespak,Germains, Fosters, Snap On, Lynn Star, Sandles, Stebbings, MKM, Jewson, Guy Raymond, Palm Paper etc etc etc. to name a few. When approached they are quoted Premier League £SD. quote]
Seemingly if you are prepared to become Commercial Manager you can have a free V.I.P ticket for your troubles! How long did the last one last. DAYS!
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2019, 09:22:20 PM »
Gordon, maybe our definition of local and big is different, by local I didn't mean they are in Lynn, I meant the owners are local people from the area and have a tie to the area, and companies that are /were big enough to have social clubs etc, much like Fosters used to be
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

little John

• A LYNN BOI/ BOR/ BUH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2019, 12:08:54 PM »
Won't be many high  balls today in this wind

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2019, 06:32:33 PM »
I'm on holiday so missed the match. Sounds impressive from Lynn. Any fans prepared to put a brief report on here?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2019, 06:55:57 PM »
Impressive is the word Stan.  Won the early battles all over the pitch.  Hereford couldn’t  deal with Gash, and Jarv was immense in the middle of the park.  Really impressed with the lad Smith at the back as well. 

Lynn bossed the whole of the first half and the opening period of the 2nd half. We should have been more than 3-0 up.  Though Pedro made a great one on one save early doors in the 2nd half.  Thought we allowed Hereford back into when Jarvis went off.  Though we had chances, Marriott missed a one on one with the keeper, while Pedro pushed one round the post at full stretch.

Must have been difficult picking a man of the match for the sponsor.  Anyone of Smith, Jones, Fox Jarvis, Clunan or Gash for me. Marriott had a rare off day.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2019, 06:57:13 PM »
Lynn started the game with the same Team and Subs as Tuesday against Kettering.

We started confidently and Hereford really were being shown how to play. They could only defend against attacking play from all directions. Our defence dealt with an uninspired Hereford strike force, our midfield broke down their play which comprised long balls with the wind behind them in the first half. We managed to keep the ball down most of the time and lots of one-two's cut Hereford apart. Fox was good on the left, playing further forward than FBT used to do. Henderson was all over the place and Clunan and Jarvis controlled midfield. McAuley and Fryatt were immense and Smith tidied up between them. Jones attacked more in the 2nd half down the right. Gash flicked on most high ball into the path of Marriott and Hendo. Fox crossed from the left after some good running at the the defender and Gashy thumped home his header for No1 from the far side of the cross. Several chances were not taken by the strikers, dilly dallying and passing when a shot may have been the better option.Gash dropped the ball into Hendos path for a a late 1st half goal - 2-0. 2nd half was more of the same with Hereford really not able to break through on the odd occasion they attacked. Jones smashed home to make it 3 - 0 and Hereford got a bit more energetic but could only break through once for a consolation goal. Lynn saw the game out by attacking with defence more in mind - don't mess it up attitude. At this rate Hereford will struggle again this season and will be lucky to finish mid table or just above. We ended the day in 3rd. Guiseley also dropped points today so anything is possible. Early Days but promising.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2019, 07:22:07 PM »
Mallard and Mike.
Great to read that. Nice one.
This is going to be an interesting season.
One of my neighbours, who's a long term Norwich season ticket holder, told me I was being overly negative when I said I'd be happy with a mid-table finish. He reckons Culverhouse will get them up first time of asking.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2019, 08:09:22 PM »
Sadly couldn’t make it today, struggling with work life balance at the moment, but what a great result and sounds like a superb performance. Michael Clunan has had a lot of naysayers in his time at the
Club including me, but he appears the be in the form of his life and maybe our best player currently. The new boys have settled in really well, credit to Backie and IC for getting them in. I just watched the IC interview never seen him so positive and happy to speak to the press. The club really has got a good thing rolling at the moment, credit to the owner and all involved from top to bottom.

somerset linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2019, 09:37:48 PM »
My fist visit to the walks  for a long time up to Lynn for a wedding. Must say I was very impressed by the team today, they controlled the game in every area of the field. I thought every player gave his all for the team. I have to say in my humble opinion Gash is a standout player  he didn't stop running all game and terrorized their defence. A great display from all the team. Finally nice to meet westlynnmike  and twiggy made my day to put a face to the name. Hopefully it will not too long before I can make another visit. :scarf: : :scarf:

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2019, 10:44:43 AM »
My fist visit to the walks  for a long time up to Lynn for a wedding. Must say I was very impressed by the team today, they controlled the game in every area of the field. I thought every player gave his all for the team. I have to say in my humble opinion Gash is a standout player  he didn't stop running all game and terrorized their defence. A great display from all the team. Finally nice to meet westlynnmike  and twiggy made my day to put a face to the name. Hopefully it will not too long before I can make another visit. :scarf: : :scarf:

Nice to meet you as well Somerset. Now you know where we sit you can relate to the game reports and meet again soon.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2019, 12:10:34 PM »
Superb yesterday, even the ref was decent, Jarvis and Henderson were the glue yesterday, but nobody had a poor game.  Can anybody confirm that we are at Telford next Saturday? The Non League paper is saying we are at home to Curzon Ashton.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2019, 12:46:09 PM »
I think it is Telford next Saturday, and home to Curzon on the 24th?
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”