Author Topic: Brackley  (Read 2141 times)

Loopy,linnet

• View Profile
Brackley
« on: August 13, 2019, 10:22:15 PM »
Massive point against a very good team , excellent support for the team as well

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Re: Brackley
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 11:50:09 PM »
Perfectly happy with an Away point. Tough game.  Well done Team and Management.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 08:18:49 AM »
That’s a great point on the Road.

Looking forward to seeing Ben’s highlights when he puts them up. 

LUFC1992KLFC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 11:05:56 AM »
Went last night.
Two teams matched in all departments.
Tempo of both teams was not as high as I believe it could of been. 4 games in 10 days takes its toll I guess.
We didn't create too much, nor did they. They took their goal with good strike after the ball fell at their players feet from an unfortunate deflection.
Lynn stuck to principals which ultimately paid off.

Nice place to visit. Probably too nice, which led to a quiet atmosphere.
Good food!

£13 entry. Their ground is simple yet tidy. Can see why Lynn have to charge a bit more. I would guess our ground overheads are way higher.

Good turn out of Lynn support. Maybe a bit more noise earlier would of lifted the Lynn tempo.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2019, 09:18:22 AM »
Watched the Video (thanks Ben Asher).

Ryan Fryatt was unlucky with his header, goal-bound, but  tipped over by goalie. From reports I thought that Brackley's goal was more of a scrambled shot after a rebound but it was much more composed. The Smith penalty was a bit of iffy one to me. Seen much worse but then again much softer one's given. Justice possibly in the missed penalty. Brackley certainly looked a handful in attack on both wings, especially on the right with No2 and No7. Brackley were not shy in having a shot. I think Hawkins needs a game as he runs at the defence where Gash and Marriott are more target man and poacher together. We have the attack capabilities in Fox, Jones/Barrows (Wings) and Henderson, Hawkins (Midfield) but need a "Gash" type in the Centre Target-man role. My old "need a man on the far side of the attack to gather the over-hit cross/corner of ball squirting out of defence" comments are repeated. Well Done for the Point Away!  :comeon: :comeon: :scarf: :scarf: :comeon: :comeon:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 08:49:29 AM »
Yes, enjoying the videos, Brackley look a very good side...happy with a point there.
Just for the record guys the videographer is Bev not Ben.

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2019, 09:57:07 AM »
I wonder why Bev never promotes his videos on here. Has he been told not to?
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2019, 11:34:11 AM »
Bev doesn’t come across as anyone’s ‘Yes’ man. So why not ask him to pop the videos on here as well.

Have to say they great quality and he is doing an excellent job with the coverage. 

Take a bow Bev, good job.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2019, 03:10:43 PM »
Just watched the Brackley video.  They looked a slick and slippery outfit, the sort of team I expected to see at this level, showing great movement with skill and speed off the mark.  I fear there will be far more teams with their game than the “physical” approach many, for some reason, expect of a “northern” team.  Can take nothing away from our fine start, but feel sure we shall need to be clever enough to spend more time worrying opponents in their half, rather trying to stop them in ours, which will be difficult.  Points at Telford should give us real confidence.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2019, 07:20:33 PM »
Think we're doing ok on the "slick" front in the squad. Have a nice mix of that and physical presence in a squad which has great spirit within it. Suspect we may bring in a bit more physical presence before long. Thought Ndluvu the number 9 looked really sharp...nice mix of skill, speed and natural physicality. Up front Gash provides that essential physicality and a great work rate for Lynn.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2019, 09:26:29 PM »
We have enough “Physico Pvesence”, as the commentators say it (!), especially as it is an aspect of the game which doesn’t exist !  You never see a player get up after a potential leg-breaking tackle and congratulate his opponent on “ a great bit of physicality” !  It is almost always a foul...  We need to be slippery enough to make them do the physical stuff and give the fouls away in dangerous places.  Hopefully we will be good enough to do it.  I think we need another “slippery customer” in midfield.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2019, 10:14:46 PM »
Enjoying your comments dillydally.

Just so we are clear......when I say "Physical presence" I am referring to the ability to hold a player off be it as a hold up forward or as a defender or indeed a winger/wing back going past a player, as well as the ability to win a tackle...you can be slippery and still have physical presence. All good teams have physical presence......it doesn't  necessarily mean chopping someone down or being slow moving....it is the embodiment of being athletic.
I personally think we have enough in midfield and need some support/back up for Michael Gash....he surely can't play 42-50 games at his current level of performance.... he's not superman !

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2019, 07:10:40 AM »
Have to agree with re- Gash, KES.  If he was to get an injury then we have nothing in the squad to offer back up to this role.  We seem to be covered in every other area, but that one.  So either IC would change his MO or he would get a loaner in.  I’m guessing we don’t have the budget to carry a Gash mk2 model.

I’m off to see a big lump of a No9 today KES I will let you if he up to our standard. Though Clacton shouldn’t be much of a test for him.  :salute:

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2019, 12:04:14 PM »
OK, it’s about opinions......  Kelly on for one of the three centre-halves could do the trick, once we’ve settled, just before half-time.  Should give us more possession, and put them more on the back foot.  Later on, Hawkins for one of the midfielders....  COYL.....