Author Topic: Telford Away  (Read 954 times)

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
Telford Away
« on: August 18, 2019, 09:48:56 AM »
Still on me hols. Fantastic win and performance by all accounts. Any match reports gratefully received.

KES80

• View Profile
Re: Telford Away
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 10:34:11 AM »
Wasn't there Stan, but from what I have gleaned, IC made a bold move and took Telford slightly unawares by leaving Fryatt on the bench for the first half and playing Jarvis, Clunan, Payne and Kelly in the diamond. Lynn were very adventurous from the off, putting Telford on the back foot.
Classy finish from Gash early doors to set the tone, followed by a few more good chances.Telford seemed to grow into the game from about the half hour mark and had a couple of good chances of their own, before they were caught by a counter just before half time, Marriot finishing from close range following a Fox shot, when set up by Gash.
Second half IC brought on Fryatt for Kelly (54 mins) and reverted to 3 central defenders.Shortly after Lynn broke and Payne finished calmly to make it 3-0.
Telford pulled one back in the 62nd min from an unexpected byeline shot following a corner, but Lynn defended professionally for the rest of the game. (One Telford pen shout in injury time )
Happy holidays Stan !

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 10:47:20 AM »
Cheers KES. That's a pretty good report despite not being there. My Norwich supporting neighbour is adamant that Culverhouse will get them up this season. I'm now beginning to take his confidence a little more seriously. Obviously, it's still ridiculously early to make predictions but if they are still top 7 after 10 matches...

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 11:07:37 AM »
Absolutely...just need to keep the momentum going....a much needed 7 days rest before the next one, then Sat (H),  Mon,(A)Sat,(H) Tues (H), Sat (A) and then mainly just Saturdays for rest of season.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2019, 02:16:00 PM »
I was pleased to see I’d got my wish to take away one centre-half and add one attacking midfielder.  This allowed us to keep them on the back foot rather than them keep us on ours.  Then played really well, by all accounts.  I understand IC “solidifying” by reverting to three centre-halves, but ir worried me that this could hand them the initiative.  Apparently it did.  I believe attack is the best form of defence.  However - great win - well done IC and the team.  Looking forward to seeing Alfie Payne, as don’t know him at all.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2019, 03:56:13 PM »
Yes, fairplay dd, you called Kelly for a centre back on your earlier post, tho IC did it from the off, for the first 50, rather than later in the game. It will be interesting to see what formation IC goes with in the next two matches.......and it obviously keeps the opposition guessing too.At the start of the season I thought we might see the diamond at home and three at the back when away.....but we shall see how it unfolds

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2019, 06:35:02 PM »
Nice to see Clunan get in the NLP team of the day.
I know he has his critics, but has been brilliant.
Great win and team performance.

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2019, 11:24:09 AM »
Great highlights on YouTube from Bevan Asher again. A much appreciated service.

LUFC1992KLFC

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2019, 12:29:42 PM »
Alfie Payne also made Vanarama NL team of the week