Author Topic: TV Documentry’s  (Read 957 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
TV Documentry’s
« on: August 19, 2019, 02:46:01 PM »
Loads of these being produced now, some good some not so.

Sunderland till I die was excellent as was the one on Man City. Class of 92 as well. Just finished one on Leeds of last season called Take is Home.  There was another new one out last week 90 mins based on 5 National
League Managers at the business of end of last season.   One of the Clubs was Harrogate Town with
ex Linnet Simon Weaver. 

All these got me thinking.  Wouldn’t be surprised if BT or Netflix would look a little further down the food chain and where better an upwardly mobile Club with a great Manager and charismatic Chairman
With a little bit of a dodgy past.

Any suggestions ? :countingmoney:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
Re: TV Documentry’s
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 02:55:13 PM »
Loads of these being produced now, some good some not so.

Sunderland till I die was excellent as was the one on Man City. Class of 92 as well. Just finished one on Leeds of last season called Take is Home.  There was another new one out last week 90 mins based on 5 National
League Managers at the business of end of last season.   One of the Clubs was Harrogate Town with
ex Linnet Simon Weaver. 

All these got me thinking.  Wouldn’t be surprised if BT or Netflix would look a little further down the food chain and where better an upwardly mobile Club with a great Manager and charismatic Chairman
With a little bit of a dodgy past.

Any suggestions ? :countingmoney:

That would certainly put the Club (and the Town) "on the Map"!
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

LUFC1992KLFC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 03:02:17 PM »
"I bought a football club"

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 03:03:00 PM »
The Chairman did say in his programme notes he had some big news to share at the end of August and again at the end of September.  I guess that would qualify.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 07:11:04 PM »
It would be nice to gain more of an image nationally now that we are making quite impressive progress.  If eventually we are shown on TV, even on Anglia, we would arouse more curiosity and interest if we had more terrace and some cover behind at least one goal.  Very few clubs at our new level are lacking in that area.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2019, 09:51:24 PM »
In our League.  Kings Lynn would make good TV as would Boston. With their bounce back from brink from the Evans era, and last season at the historic York Street.   York City would also be worth a watch.  Even Gateshead. 

4/5 Club story.  Come Stephen let’s be having you. :cup2: