Author Topic: Curson Ashton post match  (Read 2041 times)

birch95

• View Profile
Curson Ashton post match
« on: August 25, 2019, 06:43:43 AM »
After a very nervy start the lads produced a scintillating performance yesterday and well worth the three points :clap: Although it is only six games in, I am confident this group of lads can stay within the top 10 without question barring injuries to the front two....gash & Marriott would be irreplaceable at the moment which is my only concern..slightly surprised by the low attendance on a glorious day, but the only losers was the non attendees...let the good times roll :scarf:

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
Re: Curson Ashton post match
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2019, 08:27:03 AM »
I was also, initially at least, disappointed with the attendance but fans were probably absent because of the good weather rather than despite of it. Norwich at home too. Still, the average home attendance is about 300 or so up on last season which is encouraging.
The B & G bar was a great place to watch the Norwich match yesterday. Standing room only; great atmosphere.
Lynn did start slowly but were very impressive thereafter.

pc627

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2019, 09:12:57 AM »
What a great performance from the lads, true they looked second best for the first 15 minutes but what character to come back as they did. They should all get men of the match awards. There will not be many teams in this league that will get the better of Kingís Lynn, true we will have off days but not too many I hope.

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2019, 10:03:47 AM »
Warms my cockles to see such positivity on n off the pitch

:scarf: :cheers: :scarf:
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2019, 10:12:16 AM »
Apart from the Norwich game there was so much happening in and around town,water skiing, Hillington square fete,battle re-enactments at Castle Rising and beer festival at Wootton.
ďNo one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?Ē

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2019, 10:18:38 AM »
It was a hot, long day, but what a day !   Think Iím in dreamland.  I canít think that anyone would have seen this start to the season coming.  We have stepped up a gear.  If anything this League suits more than Northern Prem of last season.

I do feel slightly aggrieved for the Chairman. He has put everything into the Club and with the brand of Football being played at The Walks it got to be worth more than 800 odd supporters. We all need to do all we can to drag people there to have a look at the entertainment on offer.  Itís 15 quid well spent.  Man of the match wise.  Who cares.  Give it to Stephen Cleeve

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2019, 11:29:11 AM »
The team where brilliant at times I thought I was watching Barcelona playing out there am I proud to be linnet fan you bet I am

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2019, 11:34:02 AM »
Barca !!!! Are Specsavers open on a Sunday ?

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2019, 01:48:59 PM »
I have watched Barcelona play live in Malaga and paid 100 Euros to watch them and I got more pleasure watching lynn yesterday,and as for Messi yes he his a great player and he his also a dirter little B when the Ref is not looking p

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2019, 01:54:15 PM »
Curzon Ashton arrived late for The Ball but certainly made an impressive entrance.

All over us and we were on the back foot and slipping all over the place - especially Michael Clunan who might as well been playing in slippers for all the grip his boot gave him (thankfully he appeared to play in running spikes 2nd half). Curzon's goal came quickly and I thought we were in for a thrashing.

Somehow the lads started to keep possession for longer spells and this gave the confidence. We then took the game to Curzon who still looked slick and dangerous. The penalty and Gashy's great headed goal took the wind out of their sails and Lynn finished the 1st half much beeter than they started.

2nd half we dominated but Curzon still looked as if they had the heart to get an equaliser. That is until our 3rd which saw their heads drop and the 4th put the final nail in their coffin. Give them their due, Curzon still played good passing football (they all knew where each other would be). They lifted themselves up and tried to get one back but Lynn started to play "keep the ball" and all Curzon could do was run after it.

Well done lads - my MOM would have been Rory McAuley for how he controlled the backs and cool under any pressure.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2019, 07:17:51 PM »
Didnít stay for 2nd half as the late start messed up evening plans.  But, have to agree with WestLynn... Curzon looked very slick for much of the first half, and until the penalty looked well capable of giving us a bit of a tanking.  However, glad to read how well the team played 2nd half, and not a surprise as so good so far this season.  Very disappointed with the gate, but those sort of days can increase or decrease an attendance.  Please keep your interest despite the gates, SC - youíve done a great job.

Nigel1505

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2019, 07:35:26 PM »
Yesterday was a great result. The real test will come when play the ex league teams away: Chester, York, Hereford Southport etc. Lynn have started much better than I anticipated and I hope we can keep up the momentum that has happened so far. In IC we have a manager who knows what's what to survive in this league, and we should all be grateful we have him. If we are still in the top 6 by Xmas then all will be well. This league is a learning curve for the Linnets and up to now we have adapted well. A mid position by the end of the season will be, by me anyway, deemed a successful season. If we can improve on that then upwards and onwards to the Conference.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2019, 06:16:47 AM »
I think testís will come all the time away from home throughout the season.  Ian Culverhouse isnít getting carried away by this start.  Bumps in the road ( as IC calls them) will happen and we have to remember we are in there fighting with some big hitters in this league, including a host of ex Football League clubs and most having played at National League Premiership.   We are one of the minnowís now at this level,

I for one am going to enjoy the ride and letís see where it takes us.

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2019, 08:04:22 AM »
I think testís will come all the time away from home throughout the season.  Ian Culverhouse isnít getting carried away by this start.  Bumps in the road ( as IC calls them) will happen and we have to remember we are in there fighting with some big hitters in this league, including a host of ex Football League clubs and most having played at National League Premiership.   We are one of the minnowís now at this level,

I for one am going to enjoy the ride and letís see where it takes us.

:oldman" I have to agree, we are a minnow in terms of this league and yes there are better supported teams than ours, however we support our team just as fanatically as any other fans. We must remember, these so called big teams are in this league because they were not good enough to stay in higher leagues, so were relegated. There will definitely be stern tests ahead but let them worry about us, Guiseley was possibly the wake up we needed and I don't think we have been shown up by any side so far this season. Big teams do get beaten by smaller teams on a regular basis, so buckle up and enjoy our ride.
Hereford are a big team at this level and over the past few years have found KLTFC a hard nut to crack, so why should York, Boston, Southport etc not worry about our squad, we will I believe fear well in this league, and let's see where we are at Christmas. :farmer:

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2019, 08:17:28 AM »
Looking at videos of York, Chester etc we certainly shouldn't be too fearful. Once we get over the next 4 games (hopefully, with some decent outcomes), then it is mainly Saturdays, which should help a lot.
Tough one today after only 48hrs rest, at Farsley....poor bumpy pitch by all accounts against a big side who frequently pump it long.
Be interesting to see what tactics IC employs.