Author Topic: Darlington  (Read 2904 times)

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Re: Darlington
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2019, 09:46:10 AM »
Mike I didn’t start the rumour I was just passing on what I had heard, I hope it is just B S I wouldn’t like Adam not to be in the team

You have Past-History on the Rumour Mill MA Hill  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Not blaming you, just saying I heard it from a little birdie and that was you  :gossip: :gossip:

See you Tuesday Malcolm  :scarf: :scarf:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

birch95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2019, 10:21:42 AM »
Understand a number of darlo fans bought tickets for the main stand, although vocal were very good mannered but having said that where does the segregation come in......got away with it this time...

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2019, 10:36:51 AM »
As we only have one BoxOffice how is it segregation when fans are all queuing at the one outlet ?  Thought Darlo fans were no problem and have great support to their team. 

Mark A Hearle

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2019, 10:38:40 AM »
To answer a few points raised here on the segregation issues.

The permanent area when erected will include an area of covered terrace for bad weather and will have entrance/ exit which will be used only by visitors. The permanent area, as most of you know, will be at the Tennyson end of the ground. the area will also include catering and toilets so all will be self contained.

Visiting supporters in the main stand will be housed at the Tennyson End of the Main Stand in a small area of seats divided by a net mesh. The Darlington fans who were in the stand Saturday were senior shall we say and had been arranged with the visitors ahead of the weekend that they would be ok to sit mixed for the afternoon.

The next fixture needing segregation will be Chester in October or any possible FA Cup fixture that may occur.   

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2019, 10:44:35 AM »
Thanks for that Mark.  Who determines which games warrant segregation?  As yesterday seemed a rather futile exercise.    Hope you were well pleased with the attendance after your gripe at only 800 odd having turned up for the Curzon game, even though this was above your suggested min requirement of 750-800

Mark A Hearle

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2019, 10:54:10 AM »
Not a problem. I just thought that after the two home wins and the general ' feel good' factor we should have had a few more for Curzon. The 750 - 800 figure I touted was based on the start I thought we may achieve in our early games with ' average form. I'm really happy with gate figures at present - the best football I have seen in 30 years from a Lynn team IMO.

Segregation is decided after consultation with the visiting club, Police intelligence and council officials. Our initial contact with Darlington suggested around 300 supporters would travel yesterday to support their team. In fact  all estimates from the visiting clubs have fallen short of the levels predicted where we have used segregation, resulting in what appears ' overkill' on the day.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2019, 11:04:30 AM »
100% agree with you Mark.  Those not attending won’t know what they are missing.  This squad is ‘special’ And the brand of football is certainly something  to behold.  The place is really taking off and even yesterday when not at our best it was still a decent performance.

I was on the understanding, rightly or wrongly  that maybe the 750/800 was the break even figure.  I guess for some of the fans back to back home games within 3 days can be challenging, but hopefully as many as possible will rock up to get behind IC and the team on Tuesday night.  Having a feeling 2nd v 3rd is gonna be a corker.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2019, 11:53:59 AM »
Any "under achievement" by Lynn might be due to the Darlington mediocre style of play they demonstrated. Thought they were average in skills and teamwork. Best player for them was No14 when he came on as Right Wing - certainly put some spark back into them and they suddenly woke up to the fact that they were 2 - 0 down and needed to do something.

We had quite a few Darlo fans in The Stand and they were on good form and behaved as real fans should (appreciative of their team and good moves/saves from the opposition).

I had a quick count of fans at Hospital End at approx 200 and poss 60+ in Stand.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2019, 11:57:53 AM »

The permanent area when erected will include an area of covered terrace for bad weather and will have entrance/ exit which will be used only by visitors. The permanent area, as most of you know, will be at the Tennyson end of the ground. the area will also include catering and toilets so all will be self contained.

Visiting supporters in the main stand will be housed at the Tennyson End of the Main Stand in a small area of seats divided by a net mesh. The Darlington fans who were in the stand Saturday were senior shall we say and had been arranged with the visitors ahead of the weekend that they would be ok to sit mixed for the afternoon.

The next fixture needing segregation will be Chester in October or any possible FA Cup fixture that may occur.   

Tennyson Road End Mark  :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Darlington fans were at The Hospital End.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2019, 12:07:17 PM »

Tennyson Road End Mark  :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Darlington fans were at The Hospital End.

I don't think Mark was referring to yesterday, but future arrangements when new turnstyles are fitted.

Anyone know when that will be? Have they arrived yet?