Author Topic: Post Darlington  (Read 2120 times)

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
Post Darlington
« on: August 31, 2019, 06:33:18 PM »
Another great result against one of the big boys. Don't know if it's my imagination but on the post match interview on YouTube IC wasn't as buoyant as I'd have expected him to be, and he seemed a bit coy about Marriott's injury, I do hope the rumours that were flying around on the live commentary are only rumours.

Roll on Tiesday, another 3 points
 :scarf: :scarf:
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

dillydilly

• View Profile
Re: Post Darlington
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 10:57:52 AM »
Agreed, Blue Moon.... the Marriott rumours are worrying.  Kelly looked good yesterday, and certainly good enough for a first choice somewhere, albeit in this very competitive squad. He would definitely be there, in my book, if we were unlucky enough to to lose our top scorer.  Letís cross a couple of fingers.  Surprised there is not more conjecture or actual news on the subject, but hopefully Iím over-blowing it......

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 11:09:27 AM »
Is Marriot not on contract ?  If so a Club would have to pay decent money to get him away.  Think he will be going nowhere

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2019, 11:43:42 AM »
Could it be Adam Marriott was "Rested" for the Alfreton game on Tuesday and give us a chance to try something new, albeit IC did make several tweaks before and at half-time.

Seems a strange time for a League Club to be coming in for a player so soon in the Season  :dontknow:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2019, 11:45:58 AM »
Was it a last minute decision to rest Marriot as I don't think the team sheet appeared until about ten minutes after kick off? :dontknow:
ďNo one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?Ē

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2019, 11:54:32 AM »
Was it a last minute decision to rest Marriot as I don't think the team sheet appeared until about ten minutes after kick off? :dontknow:

Yes, I noticed that too.  :dontknow:

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2019, 11:58:01 AM »
I think that was purely down to technical issues
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2019, 12:05:56 PM »
I thought the team lined up being announced 10 mins into the game was through the announcer being caught up in the queues at the BoxOffice

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2019, 02:42:16 PM »
It would help if the club would deny the Marriott to Rotherham rumour but unfortunately they haven't!

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2019, 02:47:09 PM »
Perhaps they are not aware of the rumour or think it insignificant...its only been a small number of posts on the match day thread on the B and G website and a couple of follow up posts on this forum. If they responded to each rumour that appeared on here they wouldn't get anything done. :laughcry:

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2019, 02:50:25 PM »
They will be aware of it and it is significant.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2019, 02:53:16 PM »
Only significant if it's true.
For what it's worth Rotherham broke the club record for a forward in June and signed another forward in the last fortnight.

Mark A Hearle

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2019, 02:56:03 PM »
As a club we only comment on facts, not rumours.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2019, 03:06:03 PM »
Not really sure if thatís the case Mark.  Still waiting for the Chairman to confirm the big news story that he has been banging on about for some while now.  He did say by the end of August.  Was that story fact or rumour ?

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2019, 03:11:18 PM »
As a club we only comment on facts, not rumours.
Is it a fact that Marriott is not going to Rotherham?