Author Topic: Post Darlington  (Read 2119 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: Post Darlington
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2019, 01:07:17 PM »
Dilly that would be the same Boston where a certain Adam Marriott was deemed not good enough last season.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2019, 05:17:17 PM »
Transfer deadline has passed with Rotherham  earlier signing winger on loan from Rangers as Mallard predicted.
So it appears Marriott connection was a lot of hot air.
Always seems to be unnecessary and unhelpful rumours circulating from time to time, as well as a few "negative stirrers" on the live feed. I shall just add them to the list of posters I ignore in the future.

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2019, 05:36:14 PM »
Transfer deadline has passed with Rotherham  earlier signing winger on loan from Rangers as Mallard predicted.
Always seems to be unnecessary and unhelpful rumours circulating from time to time, as well as a few "negative stirrers" on the live feed. I shall just add them to the list of posters I ignore in the future.
Agree that this rumour has been unhelpful and unnecessarily unsettling. I think that the specific nature of the rumour: Rotherham, gave it a credibility it didn't deserve. Whoever started it should hold their head in shame.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2019, 05:41:03 PM »
Good point, Mallard, re Adam M and Boston U last season. 

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2019, 05:54:41 PM »
Agree that this rumour has been unhelpful and unnecessarily unsettling. I think that the specific nature of the rumour: Rotherham, gave it a credibility it didn't deserve. Whoever started it should hold their head in shame.

This particular rumour according to Mike came from someone who helps at the club,which gave it a little credibility? :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2019, 06:37:37 PM »
Maybe certain people have been  fed duff info in the knowledge that it will be spreads by the individual concerned. 

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2019, 07:13:56 PM »
Yep I think that's probably the case, so where we are older and wiser after this, maybe they need to be too.....then things will just fizzle out without any concerns

Mark A Hearle

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2019, 07:22:49 PM »
The very reason why as a club we leave this sort of stuff well alone. Would like a fiver for everyone of these rumours I've heard. I am interested as to the source of the starting point of this latest tale. You know where I am.....

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2019, 07:42:14 PM »
Fair play Mark for not responding.  If that rumour did come from inside the club then the source needs finding and a quiet word from SC offered.  Wasn’t there a poster on here last season who was involved at the club.  Not sure if he is still involved directly with the Club, but he no longer posts on here.

With the Clubs stock at its highest level it is something that the team could do without.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2019, 08:01:38 PM »
Can’t believe people actually believed the rumour! As good a player as Adam is at this level, Rotherham were never going to sign a 28yr old non league striker.

Barmy856

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2019, 08:29:22 PM »
Would like a fiver for everyone of these rumours I've heard.

You could maybe use it to buy a season ticket ?  :clap:

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2019, 07:37:29 AM »

I posted that rumour on the live feed on Saturday (as a rumour - not fact )after a little birdie came up to his seat and told me that Adam Marriott was on his way to Rotherham. Someone else increased the rumour by saying that Adam was at Rotherham having a medical (later proved wrong as Adam was at Lynn). Where my "informant" got his info  :dontknow:

I shall keep my head high, thank you Stan.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2019, 07:38:18 AM »

This particular rumour according to Mike came from someone who helps at the club,which gave it a little credibility? :dontknow:

Correct Grissles.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2019, 12:05:51 PM »
Perhaps the "rumour" was started deliberately to find the mole at the club.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2019, 12:58:12 PM »
Pssst...., WestLynnMike, rumour has it that there will be sniffer dogs at the gate tonight, seeking out illicit sausage rolls that fans maybe be trying to take into the ground.