Author Topic: STATEMENT  (Read 1319 times)

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
STATEMENT
« on: September 02, 2019, 12:49:05 PM »
 :oldman" Alfreton at home on Tuesday night is the perfect time to announce to this league that we are not just in it for the ride and are extremely serious about pushing for promotion.  Yes I realise it is early doors in terms of the season so far, but 2 nd in the league beating 3rd in the league does indeed send out that STATEMENT.  If York were to be beaten or held things would deffo look good on Wednesday morning. COYL, KEEP THE FAITH AND TURN OUT IN NUMBERS TO SUPPORT THIS SQUAD, the best we have seen at Lynn for many a year. :farmer:

m a hill

• View Profile
Re: STATEMENT
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 05:38:25 PM »
It would be a great win if we beat Alfreton but they will be no push over should be a good game so get there early to beat the Queue or by on line

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 09:40:10 PM »
 :comeon:  :oldman" Statement of intent definitely issued tonight. :farmer:

well done to CULLY, BAZZA, Cleevy and all the squad.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 09:50:18 PM »
Just BLOODY MARVELOUS !
Well done everyone !!!!!

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2019, 10:52:18 PM »
Super gutsy performance, and three marvellous goals.  All three were cracking shots.  Weíve got goals all over the team, and have a very strong bench which I hope donít lose patience.  Any changes wonít weaken the side whatsoever.  But 1203 ?  Good crowd, but surely we must soon start heading for double that - it would certainly be deserved...

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2019, 05:59:42 AM »
The crowds are well up from last season so got to be happy so far. If we stay at or near the top, I'm sure they'll increase further.
Lynn did score 3 cracking goals, didn't they.
If anyone can shed any light on the McCauley sending off then I'm sure many would appreciate it. I was too far away to tell what had happened. It looked like their player had brought McCauley down from behind. Someone mentioned an elbow?

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2019, 06:12:28 AM »
Thought the ref had a poor game. I think it took him until the 80th minute to award a foul to Gash who was leant on and pulled and pushed all evening. I felt that the Alfreton players had got into his head and he appeared to give an awful lot of decisions their way. I'm desperate to know what fans thought of the McCauley sending off.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2019, 06:33:34 AM »
It appeared the Alfreton no10 was having a tug at McAuley and the  he tried to swot him off and caught him.  The 10 made a right meal of it and the ref bought it.  Rory did give him a decision to make mind.

How long is the ban for violent conduct and when does it kick in ?

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2019, 08:16:48 AM »
It appeared the Alfreton no10 was having a tug at McAuley and the  he tried to swot him off and caught him.  The 10 made a right meal of it and the ref bought it.  Rory did give him a decision to make mind.

How long is the ban for violent conduct and when does it kick in ?

3 games minimum for violent conduct. Could in theory be more if the league thinks it warrants it, but donít think thatíll apply in this case.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2019, 09:21:45 AM »
We all see things differently, but I thought the ref had a good game.  In these wrestling situations it is very difficult for any ref to see who the villain was.  Wrestling is illegal, and someone gets the blame.  I didnít think either player was the culprit, particularly, although they both were !  But... if there was an elbow, the ref had no choice, although I didnít see one.  I think McCauley annoyed the ref 10 minutes before when he obstructed on the edge of the Penalty Area.  Letís hope the the tariff is minimal.