Author Topic: The B & G Bar  (Read 2058 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: The B & G Bar
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2019, 01:25:07 PM »

Was chatting to someone in the bar on Saturday who said people were still drinking in the Napier before the match, which I found puzzling.

In fairness Stan we ate in Nando’s prior to the game Saturday.  Simply because the choice of food etc is more acceptable to us than that which is available at the Club..  Does that make us less of supporters because we choose to eat elsewhere ? 

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2019, 01:29:52 PM »

Was chatting to someone in the bar on Saturday who said people were still drinking in the Napier before the match, which I found puzzling.

In fairness Stan we ate in Nando’s prior to the game Saturday.  Simply because the choice of food etc is more acceptable to us than that which is available at the Club..  Does that make us less of supporters because we choose to eat elsewhere ?

I hope you didn't try and bring a Doggie bag into the Ground!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2019, 01:36:04 PM »
No, the rules are no food or drink can be taken into the ground.  Think I will try abusing the players on social media.  Apparently you can still attend games if you are discovered doing that.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2019, 01:55:53 PM »
No the rules are no food or drink can be taken into the ground.  Think I will try abusing the players on social media.  Apparently you can still attend games if you are discovered doing that.

Apparently you're not allowed to mention that either!  :banghead;
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2019, 02:08:02 PM »
If he won the lottery he would moan ,he would say it was more last week

I wasn't moaning, Stan asked a question, I answered it, not my fault people didn't like the answer!  :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;

If you have a different opinion to someone else, that's moaning.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2019, 02:13:44 PM »
If he won the lottery he would moan ,he would say it was more last week

I wasn't moaning, Stan asked a question, I answered it, not my fault people didn't like the answer!  :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;

If you have a different opinion to someone else, that's moaning.

And if you answer a direct question you are moaning.  :banghead;
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2019, 02:28:24 PM »
Or ask one.

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2019, 02:33:14 PM »

Fair point Mallard. I don't think much of the food at the club either and would probably join you at Nando's, if I had to make the choice. I would however argue that the atmosphere and entertainment in the B & G can now compete with any pub. Admittedly the choice of beer is limited and they need to work on that. If you would rather drink in the Napier that is of course your choice and suggesting a lack of loyalty is clearly unfair.

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2019, 02:38:32 PM »
Personally, if I am going to have a beer before the game then I would prefer to patronise the club bar, as it's now a great place to go and the club benefits. I realise that some don't see things that way.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2019, 02:48:55 PM »
Grissles:

BLACK.

Racist.

Jesus, I was "Fishing" to get a bite out of Gris. If I said "BLACK" he would say  :dontknow: :dontknow: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2019, 02:50:31 PM »
Personally, if I am going to have a beer before the game then I would prefer to patronise the club bar, as it's now a great place to go and the club benefits. I realise that some don't see things that way.

I also use the club bar on a match day, haven't been in the Napier for months, but people do start to tire of being slated for not supporting the club by drinking elsewhere. If the bar were to offer a better selection of drinks at a more reasonable price then more people would be attracted. Paying nearly £4 for a can or something that resembles dyke water puts people off, maybe the brewery who advertises at the ground could be approached?  :dontknow:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2019, 02:52:07 PM »
I would agree Stan for a one off pint. However for the ‘serious’ beer drinker I get it’s all
About the ale on offer.  For me a Coke or a Pepsi tends to be the same wherever. 

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2019, 02:55:04 PM »
In fairness Griss maybe the B&G is work in progress. Ambience seems to now to right.  Beer selection etc next ?

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2019, 02:56:18 PM »

I also use the club bar on a match day, haven't been in the Napier for months, but people do start to tire of being slated for not supporting the club by drinking elsewhere. If the bar were to offer a better selection of drinks at a more reasonable price then more people would be attracted. Paying nearly £4 for a can or something that resembles dyke water puts people off, maybe the brewery who advertises at the ground could be approached?  :dontknow:
"dyke water" That's not very PC Griss!
 :laughcry:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2019, 02:59:16 PM »
 :laughcry: