Author Topic: The B & G Bar  (Read 2055 times)

northwootton

• View Profile
Re: The B & G Bar
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2019, 04:26:25 PM »
 Plastic glasses and queue to get served!!!  Glasses and more staff needed.  When this is addressed, then maybe more, including myself, will use the bar.

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2019, 05:00:05 PM »
There you go Mr Chairman: better beer; cheaper beer; proper glasses made of glass; more staff; smaller queues and then you might get some of the more discerning pub drinkers in the B & G.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2019, 12:26:55 PM »
There you go Mr Chairman: better beer; cheaper beer; proper glasses made of glass; more staff; smaller queues and then you might get some of the more discerning pub drinkers in the B & G.

Time to start listening, pathetic after the game, win and go top of the league and three fans stay for a drink after?  :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2019, 12:38:32 PM »

Time to start listening, pathetic after the game, win and go top of the league and three fans stay for a drink after?  :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;

Not everyone can stay after a game, especially on a Tuesday night. I know I couldn't last night as was giving a couple of people a lift home.

Bar looked fairly busy before the game? As it has for all the home games so far this season.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2019, 12:41:26 PM »

Not everyone can stay after a game, especially on a Tuesday night. I know I couldn't last night as was giving a couple of people a lift home.

Bar looked fairly busy before the game? As it has for all the home games so far this season.

Couldn't get in before the game, spent too much time in the queue to get in.  :banghead;
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Attleborough Doug

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2019, 12:55:17 PM »
Buy your tickets on-line ! If you're not computer savvy then ask your grandchild or friend to buy it for you. As for plastic glasses I too don't particularly like them BUT it only takes one idiot to lose theier temper and someone could be seriously injured. Get used to it, ''proper'glasses won't be coming back.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2019, 01:18:29 PM »
Buy your tickets on-line ! If you're not computer savvy then ask your grandchild or friend to buy it for you. As for plastic glasses I too don't particularly like them BUT it only takes one idiot to lose theier temper and someone could be seriously injured. Get used to it, ''proper'glasses won't be coming back.

I would need money in the bank to do that, perhaps I should ask the grandchildren to do that as well! Finance is a bit tight at the moment, re jigging bills allowed me to go, so had to join the queue! Why do people always assume that everyone has the ability and facilities to pay online, we don't all the time!! Everyone would love to book online and just sail into the ground, but not possible!  :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2019, 01:23:58 PM »

P. S. Best take all the chairs out as well, only takes one idiot to lose his temper and someone could get seriously injured!  :banghead;

GrahamB

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2019, 01:25:19 PM »
I thought this was a football club not a drinking club? At least if that's all there is to moan about , prices glasses, beer and lack of numbers then the team must be doing well  :scarf:

GrahamB

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2019, 01:28:08 PM »
If you've ever seen someone "glassed" then you might understand the reasoning behind it. Mind you if its as expensive as some say they wont be able to afford to get p**sed.

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2019, 01:38:36 PM »
You won't get glasses on match day.

Not like it's just a Lynn thing, loads other places do the same within and out of football for a variety of reasons.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2019, 01:44:57 PM »
Why is it that every discussion regarding the bar gets distracted by plastic glasses, forget the plastic glasses and focus on the real issues, crap beer, high prices and when it does get busy, lack of staff!  :banghead;

northwootton

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2019, 02:22:21 PM »
We don’t want everyone buying on line as it means there would be a queue of those with online tickets to get in!!!! I like it now where you can just arrive and more or less walk straight in. It is not true that all clubs use plastic glasses.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2019, 03:03:18 PM »
If you've ever seen someone "glassed" then you might understand the reasoning behind it. Mind you if its as expensive as some say they wont be able to afford to get p**sed.

Have you seen the damage you can do with a chair? I agree, let's price the drinks out of reach so people don't spend in the bar, all the hard work in the club house just so people can go in and look. Thank god you're not in charge of marketing!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2019, 03:09:29 PM »
Surely the profit margin of buying at the BoxOffice is greater than buying online ?  Every penny counts.  Stephen Cleeve needs to upgrade the BoxOffice to get people through it quicker.  Why can’t there be another ‘BoxOffice’ even if the tickets are pre-printed to bring the numbers waiting down ?