Author Topic: The B & G Bar  (Read 3665 times)

Paul47

• View Profile
Re: The B & G Bar
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2019, 03:17:05 PM »
If you've ever seen someone "glassed" then you might understand the reasoning behind it. Mind you if its as expensive as some say they wont be able to afford to get p**sed.

I agree, let's price the drinks out of reach so people don't spend in the bar, all the hard work in the club house just so people can go in and look. Thank god you're not in charge of marketing!

The amount of people coming out of the bar & standing on the terraces with alcohol suggests that they're not being priced out.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2019, 03:31:22 PM »
If only we could be sponsored by a furniture retailer who could replace our dangerous hard chairs with soft furnishings?  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2019, 03:56:34 PM »
Glass glasses or not allowed on terraces , fact. If glass glasses were used in the bar they'd have to have someone permanently on the door to stop people taking then out.
As for the queues issue, get there a bit earlier, simples.
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2019, 04:08:03 PM »
Glass glasses or not allowed on terraces , fact. If glass glasses were used in the bar they'd have to have someone permanently on the door to stop people taking then out.

I was there at least 20 minutes before kick off, should be ample time, not everyone has the luxury of getting there early! I have never had to queue at any other ground at our level? As to the glass issue how come most other groups manage, they simply ask inside or outside, and that works!
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2019, 04:45:16 PM »

I have never had to queue at any other ground at our level?

I have. Slough away season before last immediately springs to mind.

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2019, 04:59:56 PM »

I was there at least 20 minutes before kick off, should be ample time, not everyone has the luxury of getting there early! I have never had to queue at any other ground at our level? As to the glass issue how come most other groups manage, they simply ask inside or outside, and that works!

Gris, if you had to drive to let's say Hunstanton for an appointment at 3 pm on a sunny Sunday afternoon in August, would you leave home at the same time if the appointment was in February?
Surely some of the onus has to be put on the individual as to what time they set off, the club cannot be expected to cover every eventuality.
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2019, 05:06:03 PM »
Good news for those travelling up to Spennymoor on Saturday.  On arrival. Admission is £10, and you can buy 4 pints of Fosters for £11

LUFC1992KLFC

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2019, 05:58:39 PM »
I love the plastic glass system...…………..
It means I can safely stand on the terraces and enjoy a few beers whilst the game is in motion. 5 pints last night!! I didn't stay after as had my fill. Maybe that's how it works these days, drink on terraces then home afterwards.
Is it more expensive? Not really noticed.
Have to say choice is limited.
Think it is unfair to put the B&G bar head to head with Napier.
Nap is a good pub.
The bar offers something different but not pub atmosphere.
One thing that could help in bar is that the sound from TV be wired to the speakers on the wall, louder creates a bit more atmosphere.
Oh, and maybe extra signs to show where the bar is to the newer fan.
Fans still getting split between café and bar

But hey. If all there is to moan about is the bar...…… Club going in right direction.

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2019, 07:05:23 PM »
Surely the profit margin of buying at the BoxOffice is greater than buying online ?  Every penny counts.  Stephen Cleeve needs to upgrade the BoxOffice to get people through it quicker.  Why can’t there be another ‘BoxOffice’ even if the tickets are pre-printed to bring the numbers waiting down ?

Linked to the new away entrance and turnstiles perhaps? Would at least shift some of the queue elsewhere.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2019, 07:21:46 PM »
Surely the profit margin of buying at the BoxOffice is greater than buying online ?  Every penny counts.  Stephen Cleeve needs to upgrade the BoxOffice to get people through it quicker.  Why can’t there be another ‘BoxOffice’ even if the tickets are pre-printed to bring the numbers waiting down ?

Linked to the new away entrance and turnstiles perhaps? Would at least shift some of the queue elsewhere.

But they will still have to queue to get tickets!

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2019, 07:43:45 PM »

Gris, if you had to drive to let's say Hunstanton for an appointment at 3 pm on a sunny Sunday afternoon in August, would you leave home at the same time if the appointment was in February?
Surely some of the onus has to be put on the individual as to what time they set off, the club cannot be expected to cover every eventuality.

I make appointments to fit around me, to my timetable, I have no influence on kick off time at the football, and no influence on the time I finish work, so timing for football is out of my hands!  :banghead;

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2019, 08:38:47 PM »

But they will still have to queue to get tickets!

They would but having and additional ticket office booth somewhere else would ameliorate the issue. Wouldn’t solve it, but 4 windows should be somewhat quicker than 3, ( or 2 as it was the other week). Plus if we get to the full segregation heights of Step 1 (still a ways off,) fairly sure that a separate ticket office area is recommended, as well as a separate ingress and seating/standing, toilets and catering. The biggest improvements the Walks needs, is for the non-Lynn fans.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2019, 09:02:19 PM »
Dread to think where the queue will start when the likes of Boston/York  come calling. 

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2019, 09:08:11 PM »
Dread to think where the queue will start when the likes of Boston/York  come calling.

If the work on Sutton Bridge gets delayed; in Boston.

KLTFC2017

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2019, 01:57:22 PM »
Personally, if I am going to have a beer before the game then I would prefer to patronise the club bar, as it's now a great place to go and the club benefits. I realise that some don't see things that way.

I also use the club bar on a match day, haven't been in the Napier for months, but people do start to tire of being slated for not supporting the club by drinking elsewhere. If the bar were to offer a better selection of drinks at a more reasonable price then more people would be attracted. Paying nearly £4 for a can or something that resembles dyke water puts people off, maybe the brewery who advertises at the ground could be approached?  :dontknow:

What Brewery is that please ?