Author Topic: Expectations  (Read 1473 times)

Paulos

• View Profile
Re: Expectations
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2019, 11:43:49 PM »
Of course it's not just the 38% extra people there, with the improved club house hopefully a lot more money is being generated through there too, it all helps certainly.

The town is certainly buzzing, we're playing some household names i.e ex league teams and getting results against them.
Did make me smile when at the game last night people moaning about a misplaced pass or an error, even when 2-0 up i mean I guess some people are never happy but the fact of the matter is last night was supposed to be our biggest test to date on paper and at times we made them look normal & at times lynn were just another class.

Not wanting to get carried away but, i just think that in 10 games we've already showed we can give a lot of teams in this league a run for it's money & barring york no-one thus far has really showed to be unbeatable and with players like Gash & clunan and others who are in the form of their lives (Possibly) yet probably don't have too many seasons left in them maybe this season might just be the time to strengthen the squad a little where they see fit & give it a good go, think they've shown they are easily good enough to stay up no problems so why not go for it nothing to lose & everything to gain as they say.

No movement on the jake reed front then btw? Thought lynn wouldv'e snapped him up to be honest, lynn were supposedly watching him weren't they?

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2019, 11:11:34 AM »
Itís certainly good to see such an improvement in the attendances, but I feel we need further improvement.  My caution button tells me the opponents are bringing far more fans than in previous years, and without them, we may just be hitting a thousand.  With the superb standard the team and management have served up all season, I would hope to see bigger gates even at this stage.  If we keep it up, however, Iím optimistic our gates could balloon.

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2019, 07:33:31 AM »
Lynn look capable of at least getting in the play offs.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2019, 09:37:54 AM »
I agree with you there Stan.  Certainly based on what we have witnessed so far.  Testing time will come when the pitches start getting a bit Ďstickyí and we maybe have to change our style at times.  Having said we did go long at times last season, and in Gash we have a great target man.

I take it the play-off positions are 2nd-7th this season ?

jossmandarin5

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2019, 05:24:11 PM »
Remember what cully said about the 10 match psychology I think this is working well for this team; the pressure is keeping top and play off position; as the certain book said better to work at one day then think about the :clap: :clap: next, it is the same with football