Author Topic: Lynn v Hungerford POSTPONED  (Read 8863 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Lynn v Hungerford POSTPONED
« on: March 05, 2016, 09:08:03 AM »
This afternoons game against Hungerford Town has been postponed because of a water logged pitch.

Linnet

• View Profile
Re: Lynn v Hungerford POSTPONED
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 09:12:03 AM »
Thanks admin not surprising. Stops Hungerford team, fans etc travelling, with a good early decision

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 09:41:49 AM »
Another midweek game beckons.
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 09:47:46 AM »
Another midweek game beckons.

At least it's a Home one, Gris!
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2016, 09:51:13 AM »
Shock, horror, so is Cambridge City's game. If our pith is waterlogged their's must be a swamp.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2016, 09:58:30 AM »
Time and again people have suggested rain/frost covers,a few times it has been suggested to the FOTL as a possible project to raise funds for? And if my memory serves me correctly, (with all the old threads dead and buried I can't check for sure), were there not people at some point in time who offered donations if such a venture were undertaken?  :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2016, 11:09:54 AM »
Such a shame but I feared the worst after Tuesday nights game was postponed and viewing the weather forecast.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2016, 12:27:02 PM »
Maybe the decision was premature though I have not seen the state of the pitch? Here in Hunstanton the rain has stopped and a there is a drying wind!!

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2016, 12:31:42 PM »
the pitch has been very wet all week so it wasn't going to take much.

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2016, 12:35:11 PM »
As this game is going to be played close to the end of the season, if both teams still in contention, we could see the 1000+ gate we all want. COYL

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2016, 02:09:51 PM »
I know I'll be corrected if wrong but I think that mid week gates generally fall short of those for Saturday games?........So unfotunately a big opportunity missed IMO and to rub salt into the wound,  glorious sunshine and a stiff breeze here in Hunstanton!

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2016, 03:09:43 PM »
Poor call off in my opinion.Games played in much worse conditions in the past.A big game today and I think the club have shot themselves in the foot again.The BBC forecast was exactly what weve got.

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2016, 04:03:04 PM »
Correct decision IMO.
Too much of a risk allowing Hungerford too travel and then the match referee calling the game off.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2016, 09:22:14 AM »
Frustrating as it was, I do agree the correct decision. There were puddles at 9.30 with it due to rain for most of Saturday as it was. Most other results didn't go our way either but it has at least levelled out the games a bit.

Need to make sure again that we get a result on Saturday to stay in the picture now. Another massive result for Frome yesterday too so that won't be easy the week after.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2016, 11:57:43 AM »
It may be my imagination playing tricks (?) but the drainage problems of our pitch seem to be worse this season than last? More showery rain forecast for the early part of this week so Dereham on Tuesday must again be in doubt?

The only possible saving grace is the fact that the Met' office are excellent at telling us what weather we have had but not nearly as proficient at forecasting what is to come!