Author Topic: Gloucester at Home  (Read 2113 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Gloucester at Home
« on: September 12, 2019, 12:20:57 PM »
Ok what we going for result, score and gate wise.   The visitors have shipped plenty on the road so far this season, and with Gash n Marriott bang in form Iím gonna plump for a 4-1 home win and if the Lynn Media department is on song in excess of 1400 there.

KES80

• View Profile
Re: Gloucester at Home
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 12:38:24 PM »
2-1 Lynn in front of 1289

Bluboy

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 01:15:26 PM »
3-1 to lynn ( Marriott 2 gash ) 1088

Les Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2019, 02:13:55 PM »
3-0 to Lynn. Will Norwich V Man City affect the gate even though it is a 5:30pm kick off? Nevertheless, I'll be surprised if it is not around 1250.

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2019, 02:27:32 PM »
Would take a win by any score  1-0 or 5-0  its only 3 points  -   gate about 1000

weather look fantastic 

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2019, 03:19:04 PM »
I'm copying KES,  he was cock on last week and won lottery 3 times, be a fool not to.
 :scarf:
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2019, 09:18:36 AM »
Looking at a 4 - 1 win and Attendance of 1250 on this sunny day.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2019, 05:31:48 PM »
Great point rescued Guess the Norwich home game took some of the crowd away
Westlynnmike it was Barrows who came on at the end not Stewart

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2019, 05:57:20 PM »
Good spirit at the end.........just lost that edge last couple of games.......could do with a break from the league......and here comes the FA Cup.......good timing !!

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2019, 06:23:03 PM »
Very disjointed performance probably worst of the season. Great spirit shown late on. Need to hope it was a one off

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2019, 06:37:02 PM »
Canít give goals at this level and always get away with it.   Looked tired legs out there today.  Squad needed thickening out in certain areas.  I donít think Carey or Stewart are starting material at this stage.  Maybe get em out on loan to get some game time into them and bring in a player or two to give a little bit of fighting for the shirt. We are still too much of Gash n Marriott to keep producing 90 mins each and every game.  Get em some help IC

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2019, 07:06:49 PM »
That's the challenge going forward...our best 11 if fresh and on form are as good as anything in the league. The squad overall although good isn't as strong as a number of teams up there. Feel we need a couple of extra bodies and we need to be sensible and not spread the resources into too many different ventures........by that I mean we should IMO use the full squad in the starting elevens for the cups .

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2019, 07:25:28 PM »
Just seen the interview with IC. Strong references to the budget and the squad there. It begs the question of what you do if your starting eleven is good enough for promotion, but the current budget and sponsorship not able to fund the required squad and ground improvements. The answer for the moment at least is...just stay in the league.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2019, 07:49:22 PM »
I actually thought that IC seemed a bit exasperated by the fact that the squad will have such demands on it.......I guess the meeting of the 'Main men ' has happened after the 10 games.....such on field success can bring problems and tensions. Hopefully IC is content with the current set up and happy to continue to oversee the situation for a few seasons, while hopefully the rest of the club develops.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2019, 08:10:40 PM »
Great spirit to pull it back at the end.  We did have other chances which we didnít mess up - credit to the opponentís defensive determination.  We played well but ran into a team who smothered us very well with a forest of legs.  Disagree with Mallard about Carey in particular, as I think we saw today heís a fine natural footballer.  IC couldnít change a winning team, but Messrs Kelly and Carey are every bit as good as the rest - in fact I predict super seasons for both, plus Payne......York will be the test, but we have 15 players who can take this league to the wire, IMHO.....