Author Topic: Gloucester at Home  (Read 4036 times)

dillydilly

• View Profile
Re: Gloucester at Home
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2019, 08:15:46 PM »
By the way, .... rather disappointing attendances despite real improvement from last season, but the team IC, and SC deserve far bigger crowds.  SPREAD THE WORD !!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2019, 08:27:22 PM »
Dilly, nothing wrong with Carey and I think he will be a decent asset for the future.I just don’t think he is ready for a run of games in the starting 11 and may benefit more by dropping down to say step 4 for a loan period.

However after listening to the IC interview it would seem it doesn’t really matter for this season as he tho ha we are likely to fall away at some point during the season.  Maybe the start to the season we have enjoyed is a bit of a false dawn.

IC also said the club as a whole is not anywhere near ready for step 1 football anyway.  Which we all
Can’t really argue with. However with Mr Cleeve aim of Football League it does seem disappointing that things off the field are failing to keep pace with those on it.

Then again maybe we shouldn’t be surprised

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2019, 08:49:58 PM »
I think the team have exceeded expectations by a long way so far. The club had not been developing off the field to any great extent for a number of years, as far as I am aware, before the Chairman's arrival. There has been significant progress in a number of areas, but the success on the field is now highlighting how much catching up is required in a few key financial areas. It seems to be that the club could do with a part time financial and marketing expert to really source and harness some new income streams......there is after all only so much that one man can do at a time.
With the gradual progress that is being made in building bridges between SC and The Trust, I wonder if there are people within the Trust who may be able to assist - I remember a number of years ago, when I was based nearer the club, there were some talented and experienced financial people within the Trust........I guess they are probably still on board (?)

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2019, 08:54:09 PM »
By the way dilly, fair post....do personally think we would need 17/18 rather than 15, to be able to take it to the wire.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2019, 09:56:35 PM »
Rome wasn't built in a day. A couple of drawn games and negativity starts to creep in. FFS!

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2019, 10:00:55 PM »
Don't see any negativity Stan, just a healthy dose of reality

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2019, 11:45:01 PM »
I think the team have exceeded expectations by a long way so far. The club had not been developing off the field to any great extent for a number of years, as far as I am aware, before the Chairman's arrival. There has been significant progress in a number of areas, but the success on the field is now highlighting how much catching up is required in a few key financial areas. It seems to be that the club could do with a part time financial and marketing expert to really source and harness some new income streams......there is after all only so much that one man can do at a time.
With the gradual progress that is being made in building bridges between SC and The Trust, I wonder if there are people within the Trust who may be able to assist - I remember a number of years ago, when I was based nearer the club, there were some talented and experienced financial people within the Trust........I guess they are probably still on board (?)

"based nearer the club"?  move out of town?  :dontknow:

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2019, 07:20:29 AM »
Gloucester executed their game plan very well today, a rare error from Jarvis and a shot that I thought Pedro somewhat gifted them 2 goals. I thought our midfield 3 lacked today winning very few second balls all game and when on the ball it wasn’t moved on quick enough. Like IC said people
do need to get real, we’ve had an unreal start but aslong as we stay up we have had a great season.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2019, 02:46:14 PM »
I take on board points made by Mallard and Kes (I think), but do think we lack much structure in fund raising, etc..  Despite being pleased to see good improvement in attendances this season I feel the actual attendance, considering the superb entertainment that is being served, is disappointing.  We have a huge catchment area (KL-Hunstanton- Fakenham - Downham- Wisbech area -Kl, and all villages in that circle) so really should be “pulling them in”.  We need cover, in part, behind the goals - few clubs at our level lack it. Back to the squad - still disagree with The Duck Man re Carey.  IMHO we can’t let him out on loan - he is FAR too good, and thought he looked very good on Sat vs Gloucester....Kelly as well - exactly what we need in this level of better players and less reliance on “physicality” which usually results in fouls and injuries.....and not points in the bag...

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2019, 04:24:38 PM »
Dilly I don’t disagree with you about Carey but I don’t see him getting too many starts in the few months ( unless injuries dictate) so can see benefit in letting him go out and get some game time rather than getting splinters in his derrière with odd 10-15 minutes here and there.  We do seem to be on overloads with midfield players  ( Payne, Clunan, Jarv, Kelly, Hendo, Richards and Carey), yet only have the 2 main strikers.  Maybe a little shuffle around is needed.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2019, 07:32:22 PM »
Dilly I don’t disagree with you about Carey but I don’t see him getting too many starts in the few months ( unless injuries dictate) so can see benefit in letting him go out and get some game time rather than getting splinters in his derrière with odd 10-15 minutes here and there.  We do seem to be on overloads with midfield players  ( Payne, Clunan, Jarv, Kelly, Hendo, Richards and Carey), yet only have the 2 main strikers.  Maybe a little shuffle around is needed.

Hendo is our Utility Player for Midfield and Striker, Jarvis is a Midfield but can step back into Defence, Kelly is naturally a Left Midfield/Winger but Fox is a Left Wing/Back.

Aaron Jones is also capable of Right Wing/Back and Midfield "General" in place of Clunan. Payne is Midfield/Attack alongside Hendo and Richards. Stewart can also come on as Midfield/Midfield-Attack with Barrows as Right Back (possibly Wing Back - allowing Jones to move into Clunan role)

McAuley is the lynchpin of the Defence and sorely missed on Saturday.

Chris Smith is fine as Centre Back alongside McAuley and Fryatt - releasing Jones, Fox on Wings and Jarvis back into Midfield alongside Clunan/Jones. Gash and Marriott as main Strikers with Hendo/Richards/Stewart supporting as Midfield/Attack.

My preferred Team:

Street

Jones/Barrows - Fryatt - Smith - McAuley - Fox

Clunan/Jones - Jarvis/Stewart

Henderson/Kelly - Payne/Richards

Gash - Marriott/Henderson

No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2019, 07:38:13 PM »
Given that we have seen Alfreton play at first hand, very recently, what is your preferred starting eleven for the cup tie WLM ?

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2019, 07:41:46 PM »
Ps any updates re Harry Limb anyone....has he recovered from the illness ?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2019, 07:54:08 PM »
West Lynn was maths one of your strong subjects at school ? Cos by my reckoning  you are starting with 12 players Seems you’re are going with 5-2-2-2 system

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2019, 08:02:19 PM »
Well that will confuse Alfreton and of course should ensure we finish with 11 :laughcry: :laughcry:  :laughcry: