Author Topic: DEREHAM TOWN FC  (Read 6104 times)

tazzywazz

• View Profile
DEREHAM TOWN FC
« on: March 06, 2016, 10:40:05 AM »
Hopefully the pitch will be ok for Tuesday Night for the NORFOLK SENIOR CUP SEMI FINAL. Hope to see a good crowd to cheer the lads on.

tazzywazz

• View Profile
Re: DEREHAM TOWN FC
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 06:57:32 PM »
Heard from Backie that the pitch is good at the moment and with the forecast saying little/no rain tonight and tomorrow the game should be on. Will know tomorrow morning after further pitch inspection. Just a thought Mallard if you find it easier attending midweek matches how about this game?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 08:11:10 AM »
Tazzy Thank you so much for the kind Invitation, sadly I cannot make tonight, But rest assured I will be along a good few times  in the run down to the end of the season, both Midweek and Saturday.  It will be luck of the draw for me on who is at home.

Lets hope for a decent crowd of 200 plus tonight and The Young Linnets go through to meet Norwich Utd in the final.... There lies another story.   Despite Norwich Utd Playing Jake Jessup  in goal as an Ineligible player in their semi they have made in through to the final, as Gorleston  have refused to replay the semi saying they would prefer to concentrate on maintaining their Premier League status.   Kind of devalues the whole competition.  What do you think Tazzy ?

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 10:33:30 AM »
Hi Mallard it's a complete joke that United are in the final, I assume now the FA have set a president and that by playing an ineligible player it wont count against you. Should have been kicked out of the competition  end of story. bet if we do it tonight
we would be straight out

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 10:48:01 AM »
Is the game definitely on tonight?

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 10:52:13 AM »
I think it's a disgrace Mallard. You can be sure if it was the Reserves playing an ineligible player we would be out of the competition, and any other excuse for Norfolk FA to throw us out. There is a definite bias towards Norwich and east Norfolk teams. Even allowing areplay is a joke as well. Rules is rules.

I am sure it will be on Jesus as there is little or no rain forecast today, and pitch was OK yesterday afternoon. Backie is checking it later and I expect he or myself will post on here straight away. Look forward to seeing you.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 11:51:48 AM »
Now the Norfolk FA have deemed to turn a blind eye to this does it open doors up for any Club to do as they wish in this Down graded Competition ?  I wonder If Gorleston will make the Full FA aware of what has gone on.

I think the Norfolk FA should issue a press statement explaining themselves.

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 11:58:05 AM »
A full statement from the FA is the least they can do- talk about a respect campaign they run  most people don't have much when they do things like this

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2016, 12:44:55 PM »
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2016, 03:35:18 PM »
I think point 4 is a load of rubbish. If the game with Kirkley was postponed, that's tough in my opinion. The player has effectively made an "appearance" in a game that never happened to meet the criteria. Other points in the letter also suggest their regular goalkeeper would have been fit enough to play.

On those principles, assume one of our players was banned last Saturday - it's like saying we could count that game towards his ban, even though the fixture was off.

Norfolk FA have set a dangerous precedent in my opinion. Gorleston are right to feel aggrieved.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2016, 03:48:26 PM »
Spot on Robbo.  Whether he would have played is irrelevant.  The facts are he did not play, so had not played the 2 games.  So what if The Normal keeper was injured ? If they had a squad then another player could quite easily have pulled on the keepers shirt.  It is a pathetic argument.  If a Sub Committee can change the rules at a drop of a hat then what is the point of having rules ? Either a Player meets the criteria to play in The Competition or he doesn't. 

It makes it even worse that the Full Norfolk FA condones the mistake made by its sub committee. Talk about looking after your own.

gbuckers

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2016, 06:10:49 PM »
Admission prices for tonight please?

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2016, 06:32:54 PM »
Should be the same as a league game - £4
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2016, 07:08:42 PM »
Wonder if norfolk fa based at norwich utd ground has any bearing on matter?

Frontman

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2016, 11:14:18 AM »
Not based at Norwich Utd anymore but Norfolk CFA have had a history of distorting rules.
When Reserves had home draw on a day our 1st Team at home they wouldn't let us play midweek or Sunday!!  As the mighty mediocre referee come County Chairman, Richard King,  said 'its a Saturday Cup'! Albeit the Final was Mid Week!!
Ahar!!
 Then Norwich City wanted their  'Youth Side' n the Tournament; which became Under 21 (with some over age)!  It suddenly became an 'any day' Cup!
The evening; 2-3 years ago we had them at home with our 1st Team and I fronted this Man about the anomaly!!
His response was; "we have to move with the times!"  Not a Man to be Trusted in anything he was responsible for!! 
Nothing to do with Final at Carrow Rd; and held to ransom to play when the big Club demanded! :banghead; :red card: