Author Topic: Goalkeeper  (Read 709 times)

Goalkeeper
« on: September 15, 2019, 09:22:12 AM »
Thought recently that Pedro has been struggling a bit, is it just a blip in form,do we need a new keeper to add competition or is it time for a change. Thoughts?

KES80

• View Profile
Re: Goalkeeper
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 09:55:46 AM »
My thoughts are that like every player who has been involved in every match, he has performed really well.Last couple of games everyone has been a bit off. I suspect like most he is carrying a knock and is also a bit mentally and physically drained after playing so many tough games in such a short space of time. So everyone is prone to uncharacteristic errors at the moment. This is the challenge of the league with a relatively small budget and therefore a relatively small squad. Our only real back up for Pedro is Paul Bastock, for Gash and Marriott it's Stewart, Limb or later may be Hawkins and so on. This league is physical, please let no one argue that and we haven't played some of the most physical yet....and on heavy northern winter pitches, games will become more of a battle than a game of chess. Hence the huge challenge of sustaining the wonderful standards of the first 10 games. There are no easy games or gimmes in this league, so difficult to give players a rest. I had hoped an easy FA Cup draw would provide that....but not to be.
At least we have the good pitch at The Walks every other match.....I am sure we will do well overall.

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: Goalkeeper
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 01:35:47 PM »
I would say. Street, Fox, Marriott and Gash are certain starters for every game ( injuries suspension etc taken out of the equation ).  Simply there is no real strong alternative to any of the 4.