Author Topic: Academy  (Read 1585 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Academy
« on: September 16, 2019, 08:37:20 PM »
Will the Club be announcing that this now will not be happening this year and the reasons why ?  I thought this was a bright new tomorrow for the Club.  It does seem we are making a habit of these false dawns.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
Re: Academy
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 08:44:25 PM »
Will the Club be announcing that this now not be happening this year and the reasons why ?  I thought this was a bright new tomorrow for the Club.  It does seem we are making a habit of these false dawns.

Are we still waiting for the big announcement that will put Kings Lynn on the map? Just wondered if its already happened but I'd missed it.   :dontknow:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 08:55:11 PM »
The one at Aug didnít happen.  I can only assume this was the Gibraltar story.  Now we have the Academy not happening ( nothing from the Clubs Media dept on this as yet).  So we are left with the big announcement to come at the end of Sept.

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 09:54:22 PM »
IF the academy is not gonna happen and IF it's because of low uptake we surely can't knock "The Management " for that, at least they've tried something new and progressive.
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Chilvers Gordon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 11:59:18 AM »
Definitely cancelled at the last minute with the apprentices then inforfmed less than 48 hours before and in 1 case not informed at all (and he still turned up!)
This meant that those lads then were very late finding alternative education etc but i believe they have all found it elsewhere otherwise it would of been disastrous for them.
Perhaps now the RESSIES can come back to the Walks being as the Academy will not be using it. (Said with tongue in cheek).

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 01:39:43 PM »
Maybe one of the issues IC  mentioned in his post match interview why the Club is nowhere near ready for step one Football.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2019, 02:02:59 PM »
The benefits of an Academy would take a few years to kick in, so don't think it impacts the club's ability to be ready for step 1 next year, but disappointing nonetheless.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2019, 02:07:11 PM »
But maybe having no Academy is just further proof how far we are behind in having things in place. Of course an Academy would have no direct influence on the first team, playing wise for some years. I thought though that part of the plan was to develop young players on that could then be sold to Pro clubs, giving another income stream

Mark A Hearle

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2019, 03:50:08 PM »
Just a few pointers on this situation.

Numbers of students were low in the first place. Then half of the potential students failed to gain the grades required to enter the course. The club were then informed by the education provider on the Saturday ahead of the scheduled start on the Tuesday that the course would not be able to run as the numbers were now too low. As soon as this was known attempts were made to contact parents to inform them. The mother of the student who did arrive on the day had changed her contact details after initial enrolment and had not informed the club.

The club are very disappointed with the situation as a lot of time, effort and money had been invested by the chairman, Backie and Ian who had agreed to provide the football coaching.

Other avenues are already being explored in relation to this matter and there will be further news in due course.   

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2019, 05:00:10 PM »
Thanks Mark for clarifying things in the way that you have.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2019, 05:17:37 PM »
Yeah cheers Mark for letting us know.  As a matter of interest how long has this particular piece of news been sat on ?  Normally you are bang on the button with club news.

Mark A Hearle

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2019, 05:50:03 PM »
Stephen made initial comments about the possibility of an academy not running in his Alfreton Town programme notes on September 3rd. From my end I've been waiting for clarification on a few points before putting something together. I like to be aware of the full details of any situation before saying anything!

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2020, 04:47:20 PM »
Will the Club be announcing that this now not be happening this year and the reasons why ?  I thought this was a bright new tomorrow for the Club.  It does seem we are making a habit of these false dawns.

Are we still waiting for the big announcement that will put Kings Lynn on the map? Just wondered if its already happened but I'd missed it.   :dontknow:

https://www.kltown.co.uk/2020/09/11/kings-lynn-town-kick-off-with-bt-sport/

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2020, 11:47:47 PM »
Watch in Nap. 6 pints, £'s in.   :cheers: