Author Topic: Windfall  (Read 2770 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: Windfall
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2019, 02:55:43 PM »
I would love to see another quiz, as would many others.  :cheers:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2019, 02:58:16 PM »
I would love to see another quiz, as would many others.  :cheers:

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2019, 03:34:29 PM »
Good news indeed, and thanks to the organiser(s).  We’ll all have ideas for ground improvements, so here’s my two penneth......Better terrace at Tennyson Avenue end, and cover for one of the ends.  Perhaps catering or toilets at corner-ends of Walks terrace.  Then, of course, the turnstiles.  At last we have various opportunities for real progress as a club and a team, and I sincerely hope IC, SC, the groundsman, ( big thank you there), and the admin team, volunteers, and the Trust maintain the interest and ambition that have brought us this far....

Agree with most of that. The plans for development for segregation that have been released, seem to be fairly short-sighted, with the Tennyson End being where the split will be. This seems like it could be an issue if (big if) we go up again, as the home and away entrances will be on the same short edge, and on big games we’ll have crossing queues, which is always a recipe for trouble if tensions are high to begin with.

It would seem to make more sense to develop the hospital end as an away end. With a roof. Keeping home and away entrances separated along the long edges.

(If I’ve misinterpreted current plans I apologise.)

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2019, 11:26:57 AM »
I would think the monies were granted against details plans and costs on what the money would be used for.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2019, 07:50:55 AM »
Full Club press release is now on EDP website.  Bit more meat on the bone to the story that was released in the Lynn Free paper last week.  Shame that the story got put in print half cocked. The EDP version does explain the full detail of the grant etc.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2019, 10:21:45 AM »
I suppose if you know how these Grants work, whats available, and where to raise funds from Private Investors, its half the job done:

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/stephen-cleeve-aa872652

Stephen Cleeve

Chairman of King's Lynn Town FC.

Football Club Acquistion for Private Clients

About

Advise on consultancy or on a no purchase no fee basis depending upon role – specializing in matching private investors to football clubs. All transactions are off market and can transact throughout the UK and Europe. Can source finance mainly through hedge funds without usual red tape. Unusually all of my team own or are directors of football clubs so can add real value and know how the inside of the business works. Can advise which clubs are on the market and happy to match your requirements to what’s available or find a club for you. Email me at cleeve@btinternet.com for more information.

Experienced Director with a demonstrated history of working in the leisure, travel & tourism industry, the football industry, setting up corporate deals in different markets across the world, able to problem solve and get things done. A strong sales professional able to deliver results. Skilled in Negotiation, Business Planning, Entrepreneurship and Sales. Have built and sold businesses.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2019, 10:41:21 AM »
Maybe Stephen is looking to attract investment into the Club ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2019, 10:50:20 PM »
Twitter:

Pleased to inform you that our planning consent for new fencing and turnstiles has been approved by King’s  Lynn Council my thanks to them for speeding matters up.  We can now move forward on the ground improvements - been a long job but we got there!

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2019, 08:16:41 AM »
Excellent news.. hadn't seen the twitter post so thanks B&G