Author Topic: FA Cup Replay v Alfreton Tuesday Evening  (Read 4263 times)

dillydilly

• View Profile
Re: FA Cup Replay v Alfreton Tuesday Evening
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2019, 09:28:35 AM »
Agree with much of TonyM’s post.  All our attacking players played well and in a style that I’ve been advocating, (not a boast, just pleased to see it).  We had the fluidity I expected with those personnel, and keeping the opponents on the back foot is DEFENDING as well !  IC must have a real problem picking a side at the moment because all 16 players deserve to be in ! Don’t quite agree that Kelly didn’t take his chance.  His ability is obvious and he is one of our most important assets.  Anyway - what a season we are developing here - York and Leek could rock the town and hugely lift the attendances......

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2019, 11:27:21 AM »
An excellent evening's entertainment. Firstly, well done to everyone involved in contributing to and producing a fantastic programme. Must have been a busy Sunday writing the articles and getting the printing done for Tuesday evening.  After some good reading we were treated to a hardworking performance by the team and now we can look forward to visiting York and Leek. The Staffordshire club are certainly looking forward to welcoming us  and already have a poster for the game on their twitter feed!
p.s. for those of us interested in heritage railways as well as football ( e.g. Linnet 1947) the Churnet Valley railway is quite close to Leek!

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2019, 02:11:38 PM »
...Don’t quite agree that Kelly didn’t take his chance.  His ability is obvious and he is one of our most important assets...

Wouldn't disagree with the comment about Kelly's ability, although not sure I (nor IC it would appear) would class him as 'one of our most important assets" at present.  I think we are just struggling a bit to find a role / team shape that gets the best out of him, in a similar way as happened with Ryan Hawkins.  Against Gloucester he suffered from the team not moving the ball quickly enough, he was finding gaps / space but often didn't receive the ball.  Personally I would have liked to see him stay on for the full 90 last night and slot into Henderson's position (slightly inside) to see how he fared as I still think he needs minutes.  Unfortunately for Sam, but great for the team, I think IC currently has better options in terms of shape / form with Fox having a storming season, particularly when playing slightly forward when we have a back three and Henderson also having stepped up well playing in that more advanced midfield role.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2019, 04:10:23 PM »
Agree with most of that, but feel Kelly had too much of a left-wing role and would be very threatening inside as it’s more of his natural position.  Don’t know how IC will pick the team for York.  All 16 give us real advantages in different ways, but rather than a “Carragher/Neville” diatribe of tactics and formations I suggest the team personnel should be picked to produce last night’s slipperiness with added Gash !

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2019, 06:24:31 PM »
Enjoyed the game the team played football throughout. Was a good performance and crowd very vocal.  :cup2:

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2019, 09:02:28 PM »
I just watched the highlights on the "tele" Pedros kit looked very similar colour to Alfreton's
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2019, 09:16:05 PM »
Alfreton lost their unbeaten home record on Saturday....here are their manager's thoughts:
https://www.ripleyandheanornews.co.uk/sport/football/alfreton-town-bos-billy-heath-says-threadbare-squad-need-to-recuperate-after-2-1-home-defeat-1-10023073

Thought those that believe players can't possibly be fatigued might enjoy this !

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2019, 05:46:45 AM »
What has an Alfreton news story got to do with Lynn?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2019, 06:57:34 AM »
What has an Alfreton news story got to do with Lynn?

I think it is pointing more to the fatigue in a squad in general,and the forum is for all things worthy of a mention football related. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2019, 08:00:29 AM »
Thanks Griss  :thanks:

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2019, 09:14:42 AM »
Ok, so what has fatigue in the Alfreton squad got to do with Lynn? Seems a bit of a strange thing to post.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2019, 09:36:21 AM »
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.lynnnews.co.uk/sport/amp/kings-lynn-town-are-promoted-after-dramatic-super-play-off-win-at-warrington-9069960/

Those that believe that players will most probably be fatigued and thus underperform will not enjoy this.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2019, 10:27:18 AM »
Now that's really relevant Stan...well done, fantastic post, you're so on the ball and your opinion is spot on and agreed with by everyone every time :clap: :clap: :clap:
There you go...now you never need to post again

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2019, 10:51:17 AM »
Just a bit of balance "KES."

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2019, 11:59:28 AM »
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.lynnnews.co.uk/sport/amp/kings-lynn-town-are-promoted-after-dramatic-super-play-off-win-at-warrington-9069960/

Those that believe that players will most probably be fatigued and thus underperform will not enjoy this.

Al about opinions Stan,all about opinions. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”