Author Topic: Alfreton FA Cup  (Read 5158 times)

dillydilly

• View Profile
Re: Alfreton FA Cup
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2019, 10:14:22 AM »
Lots of posts bemoaning our ďsmallĒ squad, but in terms of people up to first team level we are well off because none of the squad are fill-ins ...  they are all real assets and itís now difficult to pick a team because to do so you would have to leave out potential match-winners.  Iíve mentioned Carey and Kelly before, and they MUST play regularly so that the team benefits from their talents and also that they are happy to remain.  But I donít envy IC, because it must be very difficult to settle on a line-up at the moment.  I personally hope the game gets postponed tonight because the pitch is in for a flood, and we donít want injuries vs York....

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: Alfreton FA Cup
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2019, 10:46:58 AM »
Lots of posts bemoaning our ďsmallĒ squad, but in terms of people up to first team level we are well off because none of the squad are fill-ins ...  they are all real assets and itís now difficult to pick a team because to do so you would have to leave out potential match-winners.  Iíve mentioned Carey and Kelly before, and they MUST play regularly so that the team benefits from their talents and also that they are happy to remain.  But I donít envy IC, because it must be very difficult to settle on a line-up at the moment.  I personally hope the game gets postponed tonight because the pitch is in for a flood, and we donít want injuries vs York....

Probablt still have the sprinklers on before kick off. :laughcry: :laughcry: :rain: :rain:
ďNo one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?Ē