Author Topic: Leek  (Read 3687 times)

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
Re: Leek
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2019, 03:04:09 AM »
Let’s not carried away here Leek are Top of their leaque so they will not be a push over we will have to be playing at our best I predict 2 1 win then hope for a home draw next round
Nice to dream though. I don't imagine anyone thinks the Leek game will be a pushover.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2019, 09:23:59 AM »
Dreamers dream, doers do.

Realist

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2019, 10:00:30 AM »
No talk of resting players , how refreshing..

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2019, 11:32:48 AM »
To achieve great things you need to do both.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2019, 11:33:39 AM »
That’s the trade off Non League.  Do it for the fans or do it for money.  Think we all remember the Oldham game. Great occasion that will stick long in the memory.  Would love another memory.
False dichotomy. They're not mutually exclusive.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2019, 03:00:41 PM »
Looks a good selection for today’s game.    A team to go at them, then retreat en bloc to defend.  We should be OK, but , like all teams that top their table, they will have one or two very dangerous attackers.........

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2019, 05:14:46 PM »
Sounds like a professional job done by IC and the boys.  In the draw for Monday and a few more quid in the kitty.   Now for a kind home draw.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2019, 05:20:38 PM »

To achieve great things you need to do both.

No you don't

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2019, 05:22:41 PM »
Sounds like a professional job done by IC and the boys.  In the draw for Monday and a few more quid in the kitty.   Now for a kind home draw.
Would be nice. In past seasons Lynn have been lucky with home draws...as long as they don't get York away !

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2019, 05:24:13 PM »
No talk of resting players , how refreshing..
If that's your view, then why bring the subject up again ?

Realist

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2019, 05:43:33 PM »
Very happy that the club keep putting the team out. Recommendations prior to the Alfreton game to submit a "cup" side, due to fatigue and injury risk are hushed. Good revenue and some fine, two pronged, entertainment awaits. Well done to all!! the draw beckons...

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2019, 06:34:03 PM »
Very happy that the club keep putting the team out. Recommendations prior to the Alfreton game to submit a "cup" side, due to fatigue and injury risk are hushed. Good revenue and some fine, two pronged, entertainment awaits. Well done to all!! the draw beckons...
Please post on the subject again, cos I still don't think you have quite convinced yourself of your supposed superiority on the matter.....and you are still to convince me that resting players v Alfreton was not a good idea.
Just for your ref, tho I know it's irrelevant to you, I C did rest a few v Alfreton, (albeit not to the extent of my post )which if you listen to his interview you will hear him say.....there was also an article in the EDP on the same subject, but as I say , probably not worth your time...I am quiet not because I am convinced by your repetitive posts, but because I feel others are weary of this topic.....so please post again if you feel the need to convince yourself further......I feel I have said all I need to for now.

Realist

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2019, 08:14:42 PM »
Wow , what a ramble, what is "cos"? A Greek island I hear. I simply posted my delight that Lynn are playing for the cup, as best they can. Your bitterness will not change that. When totally wrong, that is just how it is. Well done Kings Lynn.

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2019, 08:21:11 PM »
Nice day out in Leek. Interesting market town
Good ground.Admission six pounds; programme two including 50p voucher for refreshments so tea fifty pence! Very even first half. Game changed with Carey's great shot / goalkeeper fumble. Lynn bossed the second half; quicker passing and better possession in the second half ( think IC might have had words at half time ) Leek decent team and deserve step 3 football next season. Looking forward to the draw and hope its not York away!
Boston United or Peterborough Sports home would be good.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2019, 08:33:22 PM »
Peterborough Sport would be a good draw at home,Posh are away so would be a good gate. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”