Author Topic: Chester  (Read 5759 times)

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
Chester
« on: October 05, 2019, 10:06:21 PM »
Should be a good attendance next week. Bazza on Twitter has issued a rallying call including the idea of bringing your dog. Is this a pooch for a pound initiative. Certainly with dogged performances Lynn win a lot!

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
Re: Chester
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 10:10:13 PM »
Dreadful puns there Coastal :laughcry: :laughcry:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 10:24:49 PM »
Should be a good attendance next week. Bazza on Twitter has issued a rallying call including the idea of bringing your dog. Is this a pooch for a pound initiative. Certainly with dogged performances Lynn win a lot!

Would that make them Pound puppies? :laughcry: :laughcry:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2019, 10:46:15 PM »
Be good to take an early lead

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2019, 10:56:41 PM »
Be good to take an early lead

Hope everyone comes with their chum and maybe a lassie ,just to remind people we winalot in front of their pal? :laughcry: :laughcry:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2019, 07:55:35 AM »
Let's hope for another dogged performance against Chester: send them home with their tails between their legs.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2019, 04:53:27 PM »
Look forward to this one.  Big crowd in.  Chester with their direct style, up against the passing, possession  game of Lynn.

Hope for a win, expect a draw.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2019, 10:25:55 PM »
Would be great to see the crowd break the 1300 barrier,so if you are able to book online then please do,or turn up early to get your ticket,will the box office open early so people can pop and get their tickets and return later? Also with a bumper crowd expected could we see extra bar staff on duty at half time,many people walked away without being served? :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :cheers: :cheers:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2019, 04:53:29 PM »
Have a feeling the 1300 figure will be smashed. No Norwich game and curtailed Pro League Programme.

Are the Club doing anything as it’s Non League Day.  Maybe Mark Hearle could enlighten us.

Paulos

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2019, 11:12:23 PM »
I suspect a large away following too so 1300 should easily be attainable. Hopefully a good bit of promo in the local papers on Friday.
The locals seem to come out when it's a team they've heard of and of course Chester were a well known league team for a long time.
Going to be a good test of our metal  :comeon: :scarf:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2019, 03:49:07 PM »
Just seen in the local Chester newspaper ( The Standard)

They face a King’s Lynn side who boast an impeccable home record and are unbeaten at The Walks since September 1, 2018.

Linnets boss Ian Culverhouse, who was among the candidates interviewed for the Wrexham managerial vacancy, has overseen seven victories from 12 league fixtures to date.

Is IC looking to move on ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2019, 03:53:16 PM »

They face a King’s Lynn side who boast an impeccable home record and are unbeaten at The Walks since September 1, 2018.

Linnets boss Ian Culverhouse, who was among the candidates interviewed for the Wrexham managerial vacancy, has overseen seven victories from 12 league fixtures to date.

I'm sure that many Clubs will be very interested in him. If he is interested or not in these other Clubs is an entirely different matter.   :dontknow:

Dean Keates has been appointed at Wrexham, so we are still ok at the moment.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2019, 03:57:41 PM »
I’m sure IC is creating interest in him.  I thought there was a big togetherness in the dressing room with The Managerial team and the players.  If IC is happy in his surroundings why interview for a bottom 6 team from the League above.  Hardly Lincoln City is it.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2019, 05:42:08 PM »

I'm sure that many Clubs will be very interested in him. If he is interested or not in these other Clubs is an entirely different matter.   :dontknow:

Dean Keates has been appointed at Wrexham, so we are still ok at the moment.

Apparently 5 applicant were interviewed according to Wrexham website. Dean Keates was selected. No mention of who the other 4 were.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2019, 05:53:35 PM »
To my way of thinking it would all be about potential to move up the leagues and test yourself at that level. ie big crowds, big budget , large  full time squad...in a nut shell, all the things Lynn aspire to, but are currently a few years from.
We can see already that IC could take Lynn up again this season, if the club was more advanced off the pitch...(and its no slight on the Chairman that we are not ready yet, as the club have made huge strides while he has been at the helm.)
It is , however, what it is....I C is naturally ambitious....and the possibility of him going elsewhere is very real, I feel, while the club is not ready to progress thru the leagues.
It's why I have been keen to put most emphasis on the league fixtures, tho granted it's a bit chicken and egg at the mo...the club needs extra cash, so a cup run is deemed important.
I can imagine IC being a little frustrated by having a squad that at its best could win the league, but which without reinforcements, is already struggling a little to sustain the performance levels. Is he prepared, at his time in life, to wait for the club to catch up or will an offer too good to turn down appear.....only time will tell.