Author Topic: Chester  (Read 4949 times)

Bluboy

• View Profile
Re: Chester
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2019, 09:05:22 PM »
What a cracking game today , thought we was superb against a very good Chester side ,everyone put in a shift and a half , felt for foxy today just didn’t happen for him at times against  a tricky pacey forward line , but he kept at it and kept his head much credit to him , shame to lose smithy early on and hopefully soon be back .
 The way we play this season so far is a credit to all at the club and certainly has the place watching some entertaining football ... I prey they all stick together and just see where this season takes us and who knows with an addition or 2 .....??
Hopefully the extra fans attending today came away today realise how good and entertaining non league football can be ... please comeback soon the club needs you  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2019, 10:37:17 PM »
Would just like to say, how disappointed I am with some of the behaviour of ours and Chesters fans today. 99% all well behaved but the other 1% not only shamed the club but also in the middle of it all, a steward was Injured. This isn't acceptable at any level of football. You paid to watch what turned out to be a cracking game of football then some ruin it by their stupid behaviour.

Unfortunately with the big games this is usually the case , I personally didn’t see any altercations just over exuberance celebrations ,hopefully injured steward recovers asap

From the stands I could see people pushing against the fence, crushing the stewards in the middle. Saw at least two cans being thrown from Lynn fans at Chester fans, and one going the other way.

That’s not exuberance. It’s reckless, dangerous and damaging the club they say they support.

Which is a shame as it really was cracking game.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2019, 08:10:56 AM »
Just as a little food for thought ( 4* rating at the Club now).  Yesterday’s programme puts in prospective what we are coming up against in this League.
Chester had 29 ( yes twenty nine) names players on their list.  Kings Lynn had 18 which included Harry Limb plus the injured pair of Jarv and Fryatt.

Makes you realise  what IC and the boys are achieving.  As for the game yesterday.  Wow! How many emotions can you go through in 90 odd minutes.  £15 for that.  Bargain !

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2019, 10:59:09 AM »
Just when I thought the football on the Walks could not get much better, we were served up a treat yesterday. Superb entertainment. There were 2 Chester fans sitting behind me and they agreed that was the best match they had seen this season. It was remarkable because the ref did his best to spoil it, with some shocking decisions on both sides. I felt for Smith, he has been unlucky with injuries because he looks a more than capable defender, but lets give credit to Burrows who looked like he was born to play in the centre of defence. It was hard to tell who were the full timers because at the end  Lynn looked the fitter. Well done both teams, but shame on you ref. 

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2019, 11:36:49 AM »
Big and physical team, not downright dirty but crafty. Gash was being climbed on, going for the high ball, by his marker. Chester No10 was at the centre of quite a lot of the fouls. No7 was a handful on the right wing and Nathan Fox had his work cut out but did OK most of the time (can't win 'em all). Pedro commanded his area and I cannot remember any header of note by Chester forwards towards goal.

Our first goal proves that forwards need to put goalie's under pressure on 50/50 balls. Goalie mi**** his attempted clearance which fell to Adam Marriott who surged forward and took his shot calmly into the net. 66seconds and Chester rattled and their fans shocked into silence.

The game ebbed and flowed, end to end, but no real chances for either side in the rest of the 1st Half.

Where Chester's first goal came from I am not sure - it was not looking dangerous and then ... 1 - 1.

Chester's 2nd came from No7 crossing into the box and ball arrived on the far side of the penalty area and was beautifully taken by Ashante who smashed it past Pedro who had no chance. 2 - 1.

Chester appeared to sit back a little and try to hold their lead - Lynn attacked and Adam Marriott took the ball on his chest, pivoted and smashed home on the turn. Even the Chester report on Twitter link said it was a well taken goal. 2 - 2.

Both teams spent the rest of the game attacking the other goal looking for a winner, neither side willing to settle for a draw.

Both Lino's did a good job but the Referee made some awful and questionable decisions and lost control. Two penalty shouts were waved away, obvious fouls ignored and some decisions given "the other way" when it was blatantly obvious to anyone that it should have been in our favour. That aspect of the match spoilt an otherwise hard fought and well contested game. All in all a fair result where the points were shared. Either team could have won the game.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2019, 12:37:54 PM »
The Chester no7 (Jackson) gave Foxy a bit of a doing yesterday, started by taking him on his inside, his weaker foot, then did him a couple of times on the outside.  In end not sure Fox knew which way to show him.  Decent player Jackson, that’s the standard in this League.  Chester were doubling up down the right which caused us the problems.

Thought McAuley was immense for us.  Smith was having a decent game before the injury. Barrows did a fine job filling in.  Gash was a handful, as always and Marriott our fox in the box yet again. So composed and never seems to snatch at anything.  Thought Richards put in a real shift as well.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2019, 12:53:27 PM »
Good post, Westlandallstar....  there’s always a danger that a small number of idiots can spoil the whole show.  Of course injury is the big danger, but there is also the worry of points deductions, even “closed doors” penalties.  We have to stay right on top of this nonsense, especially as attendances increase.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2019, 01:03:54 PM »
Enjoyed Westlynn’s post, but don’t agree that no other real chances in the first half.  We could have gone in at ht 3-0 up if Adam M and Rory Mc had been luckier with their two efforts that just cleared the bar and the far post respectively. 

Rio Doherty Chester FC

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2019, 08:06:57 PM »
Here is my match vlog from yesterday’s match. Feel free to watch if you wish:
https://youtu.be/O1mAiDkDt9k
Hope you enjoyed the game and best of luck to you for the rest of the season.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2019, 04:55:05 PM »
Just watched the highlights of the game from Saturday.  Great coverage again from Bev Asher. Top job.  Was great to re-live (some) the game again.  Marriott 2nd looked even better than it seemed on the day.  The control and quick execution never gave the keeper a sniff.  Some finish that.