Author Topic: Chester  (Read 5748 times)

Re: Chester
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2019, 07:33:42 PM »
I can't help thinking that Chester maybe putting a spanner in the works before a big game.Also if the club has not officially said who was interviewed I don't see how the Chester standard would know.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2019, 10:23:50 PM »
...big crowds, big budget , large  full time squad...in a nut shell, all the things Lynn aspire to, but are currently a few years from... while the club is not ready to progress thru the leagues...It's why I have been keen to put most emphasis on the league fixtures

OK, maybe I have been slightly selective in editing your post and this isn't a pop at you personally but how can you say 'the club isn't ready' (which is isn't) and then in the next breath say that is why you are keen to put most emphasis on league fixtures?  I have serious doubts that the club infrastructure can reasonably cope with part-time at step 2 so why would anyone want to risk what we currently have for moving into a full time league?

What we should all be wondering / working towards is what part each of us can play in helping things off the field move closer to matching the fantastic performances IC and his squad are giving on it. 

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2019, 08:17:04 AM »
?
Don't remember mentioning promotion this season as an achievable "goal" in the post.......as pointed out, club not ready for it , off the pitch....... just mentioned putting emphasis on the league to try and maintain a good position,
maintain crowd interest, maintain income streams, avoid the season becoming a long hard struggle for survival.....
I thought most people's take on the season at the start WAS ALL about the league.......
I also tend to think Tony, that Managers generally are more interested in which league they are in , rather than Cup runs.....so seeing how far we can go in the league this term is important as a marker

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2019, 12:24:21 PM »
Unfortunately we are, at the moment, too small for the next level.  We are small in facilities and small in off-field finances and organisation.  Where we can compete, if our league challenge is maintained, is attendance potential.  It is decent, though disappointing, improvement this season, but as we have seen in modern era “big” games, from Nuneaton, through Oldham, to Slough, the club is more than capable of pulling in crowds that can compete well with even the big full-time clubs in top division of the national league.  And I remain convinced that the 120,000 or so in surrounding area villages are a big advantage to us that at present is untapped, but could well be a source of real attendance improvement if the club can keep improving.  Here’s to a large crowd vs Chester, and a well-behaved one !

Paulos

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2019, 05:53:59 PM »
You only have to visit other teams in this league and see the work that goes in at some of those clubs in sponsorship to see how far behind we are sadly.
Attendances...people were worried with the price increase that there wouldn't be a rise in attendances and I think most have been suprised in the rise, there's always potential to improve though like you say, apart from the local press how are we trying to attract people? I'm sure there's more people who don't buy newspapers than ever before so what else is or can be done?

Ps take it there's segregation tomorrow does that mean their fans will be out in the rain?!

Rio Doherty Chester FC

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2019, 11:28:07 PM »
Hello all, Chester supporter here.

I have a compiled a matchday preview for tomorrow’s game on my YouTube channel which includes my view on your side, form guides for both teams, plus loads more. If you are interested in watching it then just click on the link below.

I haven’t visited your ground before so I will be making the venture for the first time tomorrow. Hope you all enjoy the match tomorrow afternoon:
https://youtu.be/cgQgqXH8yzM
Thanks, Rio Doherty.

Mick

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2019, 10:54:20 AM »
I hope we give them a right good hiding. I've still not forgiven them for taking George Thomson off our hands

Paulos

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2019, 01:55:47 PM »
The ground getting busy already!
Good following from Chester as expected.
Bring it on!
Coyl!!
 :scarf:  :scarf:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2019, 03:14:09 PM »
Hello all, Chester supporter here.

I have a compiled a matchday preview for tomorrow’s game on my YouTube channel which includes my view on your side, form guides for both teams, plus loads more. If you are interested in watching it then just click on the link below.

I haven’t visited your ground before so I will be making the venture for the first time tomorrow. Hope you all enjoy the match tomorrow afternoon:
https://youtu.be/cgQgqXH8yzM
Thanks, Rio Doherty.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

jossmandarin5

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2019, 05:44:24 PM »
listen to the Lynn Chester game on radio Norfolk; this team has the potential to make its mark in the national vanarama. The referring was very much to be desired of; the boys showed guts and determination ;I really thought by the way nick Boulger got so excited that we actually clinched the 3 points; I think perhaps Gareth Southgate aught to call up our Adam; could not do any worse. Listen to Adam's interview; he said this team loves to play in front of a great crowd; that put our confidence quite high with the return game at the deva stadium, let us get another good win next week; and get this :scarf: :scarf: :cup2: :cup2: :come-on: :come-on: :clap: :clap: :cup: :cup: stadium buzzing with a 4000 crowd in the ist round proper with the television cameras there

Nigel1505

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2019, 05:45:49 PM »
Good result against a team who have a pedigree of higher leagues. WLM, I'm with you on some of the doom and gloom merchants. We are finding our feet in this league and up to to now we haven't been found wanting. To the the best of my memory we haven't been beaten 6-0 yet. We are THIRD,yes THIRD as I write this, not second from bottom. :scarf:

jossmandarin5

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2019, 06:06:31 PM »
our dear old friends in Northampton shire are now ;kettering

jossmandarin5

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2019, 06:26:40 PM »
Unfortunately we are, at the moment, too small for the next level.  We are small in facilities and small in off-field finances and organisation.  Where we can compete, if our league challenge is maintained, is attendance potential.  It is decent, though disappointing, improvement this season, but as we have seen in modern era “big” games, from Nuneaton, through Oldham, to Slough, the club is more than capable of pulling in crowds that can compete well with even the big full-time clubs in top division of the national league.  And I remain convinced that the 120,000 or so in surrounding area villages are a big advantage to us that at present is untapped, but could well be a source of real attendance improvement if the club can keep improving.  Here’s to a large crowd vs Chester, and a well-behaved one !

this out of town potential can be targeted; but go for the top non-league prize of the national vanarama; sponsorship will roll in, gates will increase; we had 1637 today against Chester of course there were a few Norwich fans here and a contingent of Chester fans. the potential is there and we have the best two in Ic and Paul; to see us there so go for it; the rest will come when there is solidification in the top notch of non-league football; quite a few of the clubs in that league are not all that far from Lynn to warrant an increase in away fans to bolster up the Gates;

Westlandallstar

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2019, 08:11:34 PM »
Would just like to say, how disappointed I am with some of the behaviour of ours and Chesters fans today. 99% all well behaved but the other 1% not only shamed the club but also in the middle of it all, a steward was Injured. This isn't acceptable at any level of football. You paid to watch what turned out to be a cracking game of football then some ruin it by their stupid behaviour.

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2019, 08:42:49 PM »
Would just like to say, how disappointed I am with some of the behaviour of ours and Chesters fans today. 99% all well behaved but the other 1% not only shamed the club but also in the middle of it all, a steward was Injured. This isn't acceptable at any level of football. You paid to watch what turned out to be a cracking game of football then some ruin it by their stupid behaviour.

Unfortunately with the big games this is usually the case , I personally didn’t see any altercations just over exuberance celebrations ,hopefully injured steward recovers asap