Author Topic: Our Chairman  (Read 1827 times)

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
Our Chairman
« on: October 13, 2019, 08:37:01 AM »
 :farmer:  :oldman"  I have to say what has happened to all the people on this forum who in the not to distant past were slaughtering our chairman with words of discontent and often bordering on hatred. This man has saved our club from mediocrity and driven us on to heights, that 14 months ago would have just been pipe dreams. He has made mistakes (Mr Culverhouse, Mr Clarke, the supporters trust, to name just a few) but has realised the errors he made and has done his best to rectify them. We now have good facilities, yes there is more to be done,but small steps at a time, we have a great looking team, yes we need more players added to make a great squad, hopefully bigger attendances will help in this regard. We really are punching above our weight at this moment in time, yes we are a big club, but there are definitely a lot bigger clubs playing at our level, the credit for this must go to Mr Culverhouse and Mr Bastock, we now have a playing surface to be proud of and can play the entertaining football the management wanted to play. Ultimately we must put the credit for this down to Mr Cleeve, well done and hopefully you and your team can deliver at least a play off spot again this season.  :cheers:  :farmer:  :oldman"

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
Re: Our Chairman
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 11:14:39 AM »
Can't disagree with any of that Bazza  :comeon: :comeon: :comeon:
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2019, 11:35:44 AM »
 :farmer: Just a small sidenote, after yesterday's attendance our average home attendances for the current season are 64% higher than last season's, yes I realise it is early doors in terms of fixtures played but we still have some big attendances I am sure to come at home, we still have to play Boston and York at home to name but two, I firmly believe Mr Cleeve will support Mr Culverhouse with more funds if promotion is a possibility and bigger attendances helps this process . :farmer:

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2019, 11:39:17 AM »
100% behind you there bazza ...... I come away yesterday so proud and excited for the future of the  club if we can all stick together,  things both on and off the pitch have taken great strides and who knows where this journey can take us  :bus: :scarf:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2019, 12:04:59 PM »
Those people are still on this forum and will still moan and criticise if things look wrong, but as has been stated the Chairman is on a learning curve, and has responded to criticism.  :scarf:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2019, 12:30:20 PM »
It has to be all beneficial to the general well being of the Club that the Chairman has responded to any issues that have been raised. No point in going over old ground with the various  mistakes that have been made.  It’s all about today and the many tomorrow’s to keep the Club going forward.  We have come a long way in the last 12 months.

Is there an actual start date now for the upgrading at the ground to commence ?

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2019, 12:38:42 PM »
Dazza spot on to give SC due congratulations.  Wonderful job and progress so far.  Such a good performance yesterday and could have had it won by half-time.  One thing, I don’t understand these football cliches like “Long ball team”, “physical team”, ...  None of the teams that have visited the Walks have put “physicality” above skill.  Chester proved that it’s only a cliche that they are one of those teams, for example, because they showed they are a very good side indeed, especially in the second half, and our team can be so proud of the equal part they played in such an excellent game.  If our crowd continues to increase, as it certainly should, we may be in for a very special season indeed.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2019, 12:49:44 PM »
Chester certainly looked to play out yesterday and get their wide players one on one.  I saw them at the start of the season where George Waring ( came on late yesterday) at 6’4’ was the target.  Just shows good teams can switch systems on a game by game basis.

Paulos

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2019, 09:44:03 PM »
You do have to give the chairman a lot of credit every time he's faced criticism on here he's then gone on to atone for his mistakes.

Chester were impressive yesterday how they played it out from the back every time, and I rate fox very highly but he had a torrid time trying to defend against their wingers.

There is players all over the park who are performing out their skins and the work rate itself is amazing. I do have to agree with Ian though in his interview and if either gash or marriott were to get injured they'd be impossible to replace...and will gash be playing next year still how old is he?
Amazing times though such a buzz at the ground yesterday long may it continue!

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2019, 06:42:44 AM »
Whilst there is much positivity about the chairman, I am bemused by the frequent reference to his "mistakes" etc., which is laced in with all the praise. Why do some feel the need to even mention this? Is it because those who previously criticised the chairman the most now have so much egg on their faces that they have to try to justify their previous criticism be frequently reminding us of these? Can we please move on from this constant reiteration of the chairman's previous so called errors of judgement.

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2019, 08:11:39 AM »
 :banghead;
Whilst there is much positivity about the chairman, I am bemused by the frequent reference to his "mistakes" etc., which is laced in with all the praise. Why do some feel the need to even mention this? Is it because those who previously criticised the chairman the most now have so much egg on their faces that they have to try to justify their previous criticism be frequently reminding us of these? Can we please move on from this constant reiteration of the chairman's previous so called errors of judgement.

Sorry Stan,this thread was started as a positive and not a negative, if it has offended you I apologise , but this is a pat on the back for our chairman that I feel is well deserved for his positive reactions to criticism pinned on him in the past.i agree with you onwards and upwards but you can't just delete the past,what happened, happened.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2019, 04:20:09 PM »

Sorry Stan this post leaves egg on your face,nobody has to justify their previous criticism if they thought the actions at that time made him look a cock they said you are a cock! If now he has listened to critisism and reined himself in on social media and going the way that fans wish the club to go in then there will be praise? Mr Cleeve and myself have had our differences of opinion in the past,but every meeting between us is met with a handshake and polite conversation,so why do you try to stir up something which isn't there?
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2019, 06:05:15 PM »
 :clap:

Sorry Stan this post leaves egg on your face,nobody has to justify their previous criticism if they thought the actions at that time made him look a cock they said you are a cock! If now he has listened to critisism and reined himself in on social media and going the way that fans wish the club to go in then there will be praise? Mr Cleeve and myself have had our differences of opinion in the past,but every meeting between us is met with a handshake and polite conversation,so why do you try to stir up something which isn't there?

Thank you Griss, I often find myself disagreeing with many of your posts, but on this one we agree.