Author Topic: Poster Identity  (Read 6552 times)

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
Re: Poster Identity
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2019, 06:28:52 AM »
Admin, lock the thread for Gawd's sake.  Ken Rout

Keep it going,loving seeing Stan squirming,can't wait to have a drink with him, Mallard and Kes in the bar,I will get the first round,It will be cheap because I am actually all of them. :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
Well, I have offered to meet Mallard, KES80 and Dazzarugby65 on numerous occasions but they never appear. You and I have met after I wrote a letter to the Chairman arguing the case for your ban to be lifted and whilst I acknowledge that I wasn't the only supporter to defend your case, my letter does appear to have tipped the balance in your favour as your ban was lifted soon after. If you ever fancy getting me a beer, I won't refuse.
With regards to the issue of poster identity, you and a number of other posters on this thread support the idea of posters being honest about who they are. The only poster to challenge this is KES80/Mallard who has made a number of
lengthy posts on this thread attacking me and my supposed motives, yet still won't reveal his identity. The trust admin have remained curiously and suspiciously silent on this subject.
So no, I'm not squirming as I have nothing to squirm about. You probably know KES80/Mallard and despite your support for the Idea of posters being honest about who they are, prefer to pretend that I am somehow squirming rather than acknowledge that Mallard/KES80 doth protest too much, making it look to posters that they really are the same person.
This thread could have been a very short one if KES80/Mallard had just revealed his identity; not doing so pretty much confirms that they are the same person and/or have close links to the trust. As Marcus says, so what if this person is close to the trust and that's true but it would be healthy for debate for fans of the club to know who the person behind these views is. Having two or more profiles has been used to shut down debate on numerous occasions. I think it's only fair to supporters that we know who is shutting down that debate, don't you?

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2019, 08:18:10 AM »
seems to me that Grissles is the only one in this pile of drivel who is clear in who they are,Jesus a photo does not tell us who you are just that your monicker is most apt.

Quite a few people know that's me, and have said so at the football.

you know who I am the name joss is fairly well know around the ground; mandarin is my likeable language beside English; 5,well west lynn mike gave me that ;reason unknown I will have to ask him that;keep up the good work mike

I have no recollection of giving you the "5" jossmandarin5 - maybe a typo or "fat fingers" or maybe when I was not myself  :laughcry: :laughcry:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2019, 08:25:52 PM »
This post is getting silly, if you have an account on E-bay or Amazon, or similar sites, do you give your proper name to these? You are asking for trouble if you do, account hacking comes to mind, and also there is such thing as data protection, but if that doesn't bother you then good luck.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2019, 09:05:36 PM »
 "The trust admin have remained curiously and suspiciously silent on this subject"

Another day, another dig Stan. Very suspicious indeed.

"This thread could have been a very short one if KES80/Mallard had just revealed his identity; not doing so pretty much confirms that they are the same person and/or have close links to the trust."

Hmm,  What exactly is "close links to the Trust"? 

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2019, 05:23:42 AM »
"The trust admin have remained curiously and suspiciously silent on this subject"

What I meant by this, is that when I asked B&G what the forum policy is on posters with dual identity, they failed to answer the question.  For me, this suggests that they probably know that Mallard/KES80 and possibly Dazzarugby65 are the same person. KES80 also seemed quite happy for the forum administration to inform me of his specific identity but was unwilling to disclose it himself which seemed a bit suspicious to me. Furthermore, there have been several instances when B & G has taken the side of Mallard/KES80 when the latter has disagreed with me, which looked quite clearly like bias.
I hope that clarifies that particular issue Marcus. You are correct in holding me to account for my opinions, presumably you expect this of all posters. I shall deal with the other specific points that you raise in due course.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2019, 05:33:45 AM »
All I asked from B & G Marcus, was clarification of forum policy about posters with more than one identity. I would like to know what their attitude is to it. I do think it a bit odd that they didn't even address the issue, don't you?

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2019, 05:37:46 AM »
Marcus, what is your opinion of posters, firstly not disclosing their real name and secondly would you be concerned if one poster had more than one identity and was using it to close down debate?

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2019, 05:41:48 AM »
B & G could have said that there is no way that a poster can have more than one identity or that they disapproved of dual identity posters but they chose not to even address this. Do you not think that is a bit suspicious?

Chilvers Gordon

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2019, 09:15:42 AM »
Just to confirm and I also stated in the past my name is Peter John Farmer. By the way Gordon I believe you where a Queens Scout in the 7th Kings Lynn Scouts. :scarf: :scarf:
Not me. Not even as Chilly, that i am also known as but not on the forum. LOL

Attleborough Doug

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2019, 09:50:12 AM »
Well mine is really simple - my name is Doug and I live in Attleborough !!

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2019, 10:49:20 AM »
For what it's worth I believe Stan and Mallard are actually Sir Stephen of Cleeve in real life.
 :laughcry: :laughcry:
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2019, 06:02:38 PM »
 :farmer:
Admin, lock the thread for Gawd's sake.  Ken Rout

Keep it going,loving seeing Stan squirming,can't wait to have a drink with him, Mallard and Kes in the bar,I will get the first round,It will be cheap because I am actually all of them. :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
Well, I have offered to meet Mallard, KES80 and Dazzarugby65 on numerous occasions but they never appear. You and I have met after I wrote a letter to the Chairman arguing the case for your ban to be lifted and whilst I acknowledge that I wasn't the only supporter to defend your case, my letter does appear to have tipped the balance in your favour as your ban was lifted soon after. If you ever fancy getting me a beer, I won't refuse.
With regards to the issue of poster identity, you and a number of other posters on this thread support the idea of posters being honest about who they are. The only poster to challenge this is KES80/Mallard who has made a number of
lengthy posts on this thread attacking me and my supposed motives, yet still won't reveal his identity. The trust admin have remained curiously and suspiciously silent on this subject.
So no, I'm not squirming as I have nothing to squirm about. You probably know KES80/Mallard and despite your support for the Idea of posters being honest about who they are, prefer to pretend that I am somehow squirming rather than acknowledge that Mallard/KES80 doth protest too much, making it look to posters that they really are the same person.
This thread could have been a very short one if KES80/Mallard had just revealed his identity; not doing so pretty much confirms that they are the same person and/or have close links to the trust. As Marcus says, so what if this person is close to the trust and that's true but it would be healthy for debate for fans of the club to know who the person behind these views is. Having two or more profiles has been used to shut down debate on numerous occasions. I think it's only fair to supporters that we know who is shutting down that debate, don't you?

:farmer: Stan, I am definitely me  and me only, I am a farmer, I am 53 years old, Dazza is my nickname and my children were both rugby players, from this many people will know who I am, but I certainly don't need or indeed intend to put my full name on an open forum.  :farmer:  :oldman"

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2019, 09:58:45 PM »
Marcus, what is your opinion of posters, firstly not disclosing their real name and secondly would you be concerned if one poster had more than one identity and was using it to close down debate?

Not concerned at all personally Stan.  Have you read the terms & conditions.  Key points are as below.

All messages express the views of the author. As an author you remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless this forum and their agents with respect to any claim based upon any post you may make.

Do not "out" people on the Forum. If someone has chosen to hide their identity then that should be honoured even if you know their real name.

Although messages posted are not the responsibility of this forum and the administators are not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of these messages, they reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever. If you do find any posts are objectionable then please contact the forum Admin by Private Message.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2019, 10:25:10 PM »

Not concerned at all personally Stan.  Have you read the terms & conditions.  Key points are as below.

All messages express the views of the author. As an author you remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless this forum and their agents with respect to any claim based upon any post you may make.

Do not "out" people on the Forum. If someone has chosen to hide their identity then that should be honoured even if you know their real name.

Although messages posted are not the responsibility of this forum and the administators are not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of these messages, they reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever. If you do find any posts are objectionable then please contact the forum Admin by Private Message.
That's all well and good Marcus but none of this deals with the issue of an individual having more than one identity on the forum which, if you return to my first post, was my main contention.

jossmandarin5

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2019, 11:17:55 PM »
seems to me that Grissles is the only one in this pile of drivel who is clear in who they are,Jesus a photo does not tell us who you are just that your monicker is most apt.

Quite a few people know that's me, and have said so at the football.

Thanks mike I will stick with that;you and twiggy know who Iam; also grissle and Jesus

you know who I am the name joss is fairly well know around the ground; mandarin is my likeable language beside English; 5,well west lynn mike gave me that ;reason unknown I will have to ask him that;keep up the good work mike

I have no recollection of giving you the "5" jossmandarin5 - maybe a typo or "fat fingers" or maybe when I was not myself  :laughcry: :laughcry: