Author Topic: Nantwich FA Cup  (Read 5109 times)

Linnet

• View Profile
Re: Nantwich FA Cup
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2019, 08:29:34 PM »
Is it already over? He was kicking in before the game on Saturday

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2019, 08:31:41 PM »
We don’t need another Central defender.  Loanees block games for regulars.  Ok, we haveFryatt and Smith injured (real pity, in both cases), but we have Barrows, Jones, and McCauley who all look comfortable there...  Barrows was superb last week.  Still only need 2 against Nantwich, though all 3 should be in the team, Jones or Barrows at Right back...But we must try to win this, to add to the building of this excellent season.....

Have to disagree, I’d say we need at least one defender in, as our bench is all midfielders, and a goalkeeper/coach. When Smith got injured, your right that Barrows was able to move across. But if we get another injury to our back four, who then? At least a short term loan, if only for cover is necessary, unless there’s a defender in the reserves who can step up.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2019, 08:33:11 PM »
Think Hawks should return this month.
Do we know when Ryan Fryatt 's scan is/was ?
I have a feeling that dilly might be right in that Lynn will play Barrows again as central defender.
If a central defender was coming in for the Cup game and with training being Tuesdays and Thursdays,(?) I would have thought you would probably want him to have joined the group early in the week

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2019, 08:36:21 PM »
But agree with Loughborough L that we will need someone else going forward

Linnet64

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2019, 08:45:24 PM »
Is it already over? He was kicking in before the game on Saturday

Yes was good to see Hawks back training and not cup tied I do believe.

Les Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2019, 08:56:17 PM »
Good luck to Lynn on Saturday although I think it will be a draw with us winning the replay. One of my colleagues told me the following - "As Bury won't be in the first round the last team drawn out gets a bye into the second round. The club that receives the bye will also be awarded the Ł36,000 prize money for the first-round winner". Is this correct?

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2019, 08:57:29 PM »
Yes saw it on teletext earlier Nice draw for someone

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2019, 01:32:16 AM »
Anyway back to the more mundane things like a game that identifies as a football match,I believe we will snatch it 2-1 with a large contingent of Linnets making the trip,attendance 600ish,sadly I have to work. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2019, 08:13:03 AM »
Excited for the Club and the result for Saturday.  Going to watch a local game but will check in on updates at half time.  Think it will be a tight un.  I guess if there are any new additions today is when we will know.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2019, 08:18:45 AM »
It's such a big game with a lot at stake for the club. If they win and get a money spinning draw in round 1, their decision to play their strongest available starting 11 in earlier rounds will be entirely vindicated. It's good to see everyone now getting behind this cup run.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2019, 08:31:26 AM »
Looking forward to the game on Saturday. Hopefully a place in the first round draw achieved ( Draw or Win!) and no injuries, bookings or dismissals. A game not to take lightly. Some visitors to Nantwich in 1644 had a Cavalier attitude and came away with a defeat! The Northern Premier League are keen to have representatives in the First Round with Nantwich and Whitby both having their scheduled games last night postponed in preparation for Saturday's cup games!
The Nantwich FC website is keen to remind readers of the score last time Lynn visited there! A performance like last Saturday by our team is what is needed.
COME ON YOU LINNETS!

Under what rulings can Nantwich have a game postponed due to an FA Cup match 4days later??
Reposting this as I am still wondering how they can postpone - is it because Lynn have not got a mid-week game? Would Lynn have to have been consulted as a matter of courtesy?
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2019, 08:33:25 AM »
Looking forward to the game on Saturday. Hopefully a place in the first round draw achieved ( Draw or Win!) and no injuries, bookings or dismissals. A game not to take lightly. Some visitors to Nantwich in 1644 had a Cavalier attitude and came away with a defeat! The Northern Premier League are keen to have representatives in the First Round with Nantwich and Whitby both having their scheduled games last night postponed in preparation for Saturday's cup games!
The Nantwich FC website is keen to remind readers of the score last time Lynn visited there! A performance like last Saturday by our team is what is needed.
COME ON YOU LINNETS!

Under what rulings can Nantwich have a game postponed due to an FA Cup match 4days later??
Reposting this as I am still wondering how they can postpone - is it because Lynn have not got a mid-week game? Would Lynn have to have been consulted as a matter of courtesy?
I agree. I also seem to recall the NPL gaining a potential advantage in the play offs last season. Lynn should investigate this.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2019, 12:07:55 PM »
Think Hawks should return this month.
Do we know when Ryan Fryatt 's scan is/was ?
I have a feeling that dilly might be right in that Lynn will play Barrows again as central defender.
If a central defender was coming in for the Cup game and with training being Tuesdays and Thursdays,(?) I would have thought you would probably want him to have joined the group early in the week

In today’s EDP it says things with Fryatt not so bad and he should be back in contention in a couple of weeks.

Also says despite tapping up Norwich, Ipswich, Peterborough and Northampton there is no new Central defender coming in at the moment.  Nearly had an ex Man Utd Academy player but he didn’t fancy the travelling.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2019, 01:05:24 PM »

In today’s EDP it says things with Fryatt not so bad and he should be back in contention in a couple of weeks.

Also says despite tapping up Norwich, Ipswich, Peterborough and Northampton there is no new Central defender coming in at the moment. 

Its a shame Steve Morrison is a Centre Forward, and not a Centre Half.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2019, 06:11:29 PM »
I see their home strip looks much like Lynn's away strip... don't forget  to take the blue shirts guys !