Author Topic: First Round Proper  (Read 1665 times)

KES80

• View Profile
First Round Proper
« on: October 19, 2019, 09:38:05 PM »
Teams through from National North are Altrincham, Boston, Darlington, Gateshead and York.

Seems to show that it's been tough for teams in Lynn's league to get through. Noticeable that these sides have a pedigree at National level and above, can afford decent sized squads and some are full time.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
Re: First Round Proper
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 11:06:44 PM »
Teams through from National North are Altrincham, Boston, Darlington, Gateshead and York.

Seems to show that it's been tough for teams in Lynn's league to get through. Noticeable that these sides have a pedigree at National level and above, can afford decent sized squads and some are full time.
All valid points but sometimes it's just the luck of the draw.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 08:36:25 AM »
Don't think personally, I would attribute not getting through to the luck of the draw. The first round qual draw v Alfreton away was a really tough fixture at that stage. The last two rounds have been away, but against lower league opposition...not a bad draw at that stage of the competition.
Boston and Darlington had similar fixtures yesterday and came through, Alty had Southport and York a National Premier side. The Head, had, perhaps a favourable draw.
Be good to get a second centre half back asap. I feel Fryatt , in particular, has been a big miss while out.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2019, 08:42:16 AM »
Alfreton are the same level as us KES (EDIT  ignore this have just re-read your post)

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2019, 10:49:04 AM »
I suppose, what I mean by the luck of the draw is that Lynn had a tough match away, the week after a massive game against Chester the previous week, and had key players missing as well.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2019, 10:56:27 AM »
Yes Stan, agreed, its been a tough combo, with no let up for some time now. Tremendous effort to rally like that for the Chester game I thought....real shame they couldn't make it thro yesterday, but as you say circumstances made it very tough.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2019, 11:09:26 AM »
I donít yesterday was so much down to injuries.  We have gone away from home without 2 recognised centre halfís and a defensive covering midfield player.   The rest of the squad was pretty much as was with the two main strikers and the rest of the midfield as per normal, but have failed to find the net. 

With the likes of Gash, Marriott Hendo, Clunan etc I would back us to score in 9 out of 10 games.  Of course itís hard to judge when not that the game.

Yes it was a disappointment to go out yesterday and no doubt will be a blow financially but thatís the way it goes in Football.  I canít think one fan would be unhappy at sitting 4th in the League with the quality we have in the squad.  Onwards and upwards.

Was there an after match interview Filmed yesterday?  Not seen anything, as yet.  Be interesting to hear Cullyís take on things.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2019, 08:20:27 PM »
 Highlights but no interviews as yet.....maybe no one felt like giving one.....would be understandable

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2019, 02:16:58 PM »
The draw is on BBC2 at 7.10 this evening.

jossmandarin5

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2019, 07:39:01 PM »

we would have got a/f/c/fylde if we won at Nantwich ;this would have been a home game;     

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2019, 09:05:59 PM »
Yeah, so that maybe softens the blow a little. Tough match for the home side and from  this round onwards  no payment for the losing side, so it's just a half share of the attendance money for the losers.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2019, 05:57:53 AM »

we would have got a/f/c/fylde if we won at Nantwich ;this would have been a home game;   
Yes, a very winnable game for Nantwich, giving them a great chance of progressing to the second round.

Kevin Holland

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2019, 07:52:35 PM »
Ahhhhhh

The beauty of the cup.
Make every day a Sun day.