Author Topic: And now for something different  (Read 2134 times)

Nigel1505

• View Profile
And now for something different
« on: October 20, 2019, 06:30:23 PM »
 To deter from the inane claptrap that has been posted recently on this forum, no need to say which post, am I the only one who is totally fed up with Robbie Savage on the BBC. Normally over the years the BBC has had the best commentators, Coleman, Motson, Davis. What are they doing spending my licence money on employing R.Savage. What he knows about football you could write on the back of a stamp .He was an below average player and his vocabulary is also below average. I don't do twitter or Facebook so can't rent my frustration on any forum other than this one. My sympathy's are with the fellow commentators who have to put up with his limited vocabulary. Chappies must be laughing behind his back. Are the BBC that hard up for ex players to put their views across, Garth Crooks for one, at least he is articulate, and can put a sentence together without saying, like or "you know what I mean". Yes I do understand what you mean,  i understand English, you are average in all departments, you are lucky to be employed by the beeb. Am I the only one who his frustrated by his inane crap.
j

Nigel1505

• View Profile
Re: And now for something different
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 07:04:16 PM »
Listening to 606 is he
working by strings by the Lady controlling this programme, Savage just doesn't know what to say, he is just so incoherent

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 07:50:49 PM »
If you'd called the post: And Now For Something Completely Different we could have got some Monty Python gags out of this. I think you're being a bit harsh about the Nantwich thread: there's some good stuff on there.
I don't know that this post will generate much interest tbh. Some may just see it as inane claptrap or perhaps a dead parrot.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2019, 08:24:47 PM »
If you'd called the post: And Now For Something Completely Different we could have got some Monty Python gags out of this. I think you're being a bit harsh about the Nantwich thread: there's some good stuff on there.
I don't know that this post will generate much interest tbh. Some may just see it as inane claptrap or perhaps a dead parrot.

Tell you what Stan. I'd like to see Mallard & Kes80 attempting the Fish Slapping Dance.  :laughcry:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2019, 09:11:53 PM »
Im more the Lumberjack type with the dressing up.

As for Robbie Savage it seems they are trying to turn him and Chris Sutton into some kind of comedy act, like a modern day Saint n Greavsie.   Trouble is they just aint funny.  Same old patter every time.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2019, 09:29:44 PM »
I have a silly walk that I am looking to develop, if anyone can offer the necessary funding....btw the parrot isn't dead !  :laughcry:

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2019, 09:45:04 PM »
Re the pundits.....do most of them (the odd exception, granted), really add value or "expert knowledge" to the programme
The Hansen's ("never win anything with kids"), Shearers, Linekers, Savages and Suttons of this world probably have or will make as much or more money from punditry, as they did playing the game....how many quid that works out per eloquent word, I dread to think... ..all those"know what I mean"'s and "to be fair"s.
Saint and Greaves were real characters and respected individuals, the current crop aren't in the same league I M O.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2019, 09:09:01 AM »

Tell you what Stan. I'd like to see Mallard & Kes80 attempting the Fish Slapping Dance.  :laughcry:
Could be a club money spinner. I've already offered to put 50 in. :laughcry: :laughcry: :argue:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2019, 12:40:21 PM »

Could be a club money spinner. I've already offered to put 50 in. :laughcry: :laughcry: :argue:

If you all put 50 in the pot that would be 100. :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2019, 12:52:39 PM »
Stan, your 50 is for something similar to a Monty Python sketch, but is actually different. I hadn't seen the sketch in question, but have just watched on youtube.
Think it's a sketch "traditionally associated with four legs "(remember the Moore/Cooke sketch) and Stan is convinced we are only two legs ie we are deficient in the leg department, for the sketch, to the tune of two. . ..we therefore need two more legs...maybe Stan or Marcus could provide the other two...we/I of course get first dibs and go second, with the large fish. :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2019, 12:56:25 PM »
Stan, your 50 is for something similar to a Monty Python sketch, but is actually different. I hadn't seen the sketch in question, but have just watched on youtube.
Think it's a sketch "traditionally associated with four legs "(remember the Moore/Cooke sketch) and Stan is convinced we are only two legs ie we are deficient in the leg department, for the sketch, to the tune of two. . ..we therefore need two more legs...maybe Stan or Marcus could provide the other two...we/I of course get first dibs and go second, with the large fish. :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
I'm in!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2019, 02:32:05 PM »
A Nifty from me does that make 3 legs ? Has to a pledge from Dazzy to finish it.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2019, 04:48:46 PM »
What might be nice is a little donation from each of us (could be as little or as much as people want) to The Trust at the end of the year/Christmas.

alex

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2019, 04:55:16 PM »
Savage and Danny Murphy were both in the same Crewe Alex side. I know whose opinions I'd rather hear.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2019, 06:30:45 PM »
A Crewe side and Club with Dario Gradi in charge.  Hmmmmmm :glum: