Author Topic: Fawkes in the Walks.  (Read 2496 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Fawkes in the Walks.
« on: October 23, 2019, 05:36:52 PM »
From what I am led to believe the ground and bar will be open this year again for Fawkes in the Walks,so if you wish to stand on firmer gound than grass,and put some money through the till,it s the place to be. Watch the glare with a beer. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: Fawkes in the Walks.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 06:34:45 PM »
Fingers crossed they will have the club shop open and membership forms for the friends available,maybe a raffle or tombola? :scarf: :scarf:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

LUFC1992KLFC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 10:22:54 AM »
Do many people turn up to the ground for this event?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • If you can't find God, at least find nature.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 12:56:03 PM »

Yes they do. Well attended.

I seems to remember that opening up for Fawkes in the Walks first came about when Grissles suggested giving it a go.
If you choose to dance to the Devil's tune, don't blame others when your feet burn.

LUFC1992KLFC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 11:14:24 AM »
Nice one!

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2019, 09:18:22 PM »

Yes they do. Well attended.

I seems to remember that opening up for Fawkes in the Walks first came about when Grissles suggested giving it a go.

If I remember rightly I was told there were about 400 people the first time. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2019, 11:15:13 PM »
As far as I have been informed Mr Cleeve is allowing the Purfleet trust in to do a collection on the night? :scarf: :scarf:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • If you can't find God, at least find nature.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2019, 11:08:24 AM »
I've just been speaking to a friend of mine. He had planned to go to the Fireworks display tonight, but said he wouldn't bother due to the weather.

I asked him if he was aware that the Club were opening their gates, and people can watch the display from the main stand and therefore not have to stand in the rain.

He wasn't aware of the Club being open, but should now be going with his Wife and child.

Just makes you wonder how many others will be missing the display, and are not aware that the Football Ground will be open.

Worth sharing with all your Friends on Facebook/Twitter?   :dontknow:
If you choose to dance to the Devil's tune, don't blame others when your feet burn.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2019, 03:29:40 PM »
I've just been speaking to a friend of mine. He had planned to go to the Fireworks display tonight, but said he wouldn't bother due to the weather.

I asked him if he was aware that the Club were opening their gates, and people can watch the display from the main stand and therefore not have to stand in the rain.

He wasn't aware of the Club being open, but should now be going with his Wife and child.

Just makes you wonder how many others will be missing the display, and are not aware that the Football Ground will be open.

Worth sharing with all your Friends on Facebook/Twitter?   :dontknow:

And on solid ground,so no squishing about in the mud. :cheers:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2019, 12:22:00 PM »
Was nice to see so many people at the club last night, I would estimate between 350/400. Also great that Mr Cleeve having had problems with homeless people allowed the Purfleet trust to do a collection, I hope they done well, all donations greatly appreciated. :cheers:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal