Author Topic: RESERVES V DEREHAM TOWN GAME ON TONIGHT  (Read 6483 times)

Mcl1970

RESERVES V DEREHAM TOWN GAME ON TONIGHT
« on: March 08, 2016, 12:31:11 PM »
 :cup2: :cup2: :cup2: :cup2: :cup2: :cup2: :cup2: :cup2: hope to see you all there :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Mark

• View Profile
Re: RESERVES V DEREHAM TOWN GAME ON TONIGHT
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 12:42:45 PM »
anyone know how much to get in tonight

Mcl1970

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 12:47:00 PM »
our normal price is 4 and haven't been told of any increase but if there is should be 5 if there is an increase if that helps.

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 01:06:37 PM »
Bar is open as well

Backie9

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 01:58:09 PM »
Game on :)
As I said before we will have a few first team players tonight mixed in with the reserve lads, plus Setch will be helping us in the dugout like he did at Wroxham, this is something I wanted as he was a great help in the last game.
Hope to see you all tonight

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 10:04:17 PM »
Awful result.
Awful performance,
Awful ref.
Awful weather.
I love football!  :scarf:

Nigel nigle

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 08:13:42 AM »
Well i have to say Dereham were the better team last night and deserved the win, Lynn's performance i thought was disjointed, may be because of the introduction of the first teamers? While there were some poor decisions by the ref wouldn't it be a shock if the ref had turned round to the Dereham forwards in the first half last night and told them they were **!@& useless having missed four or five easy chances but they have to put up with constant abuse.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2016, 08:15:38 AM »
No shame in that result.  Dereham are not having the best of seasons but they are still a step 4 team, and lets not forget as well as the Reserves have done this season it is still step 6, the same level as Dereham Res.  Imagine if it was our first team played Dereham Res.  That should put last nights results in prospective.

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2016, 09:15:25 AM »
I agree with you Mallard. We had a team of mainly reserve and 1st team squad players against a step 4 first team. Although Dereham dominated the first half when we scored we were on top and were looking the better side. The penalty against Tom Mcleish was ridiculous, Pedro had the ball in his hands around the 6 yard area and Mucker and the Dereham player were on the edge of the 18 yard box and looked to have run into each other. Nobody appealed for anything and the linesman, who was level with play, did not raise his flag. It may well have been a different game without this ridiculous decision. Once the ref had sent Matty Henman to the stands he completely lost the plot and control of the game.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2016, 09:30:30 AM »
As disappointing as it for the Young lads  that they wont be running out at Carrow Road,  I feel the whole Competition has been devalued by the goings on with Norwich Utd and  The Norfolk FA.  In what should be the Norfolk FA's showpiece event of the season is just now a total farce, of their own making.  The people involved there should hang their heads in shame, and maybe some involved  should move on.  Have we not seen and heard enough from the likes of Sepp Blatter at FIFA ? now we see the Norfolk FA making it up as they go along.

I really do not feel this Competition is anything better than the League Cup that we play in that no one seems to have too much interest in.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2016, 10:10:05 AM »
As disappointing as it for the Young lads  that they wont be running out at Carrow Road,  I feel the whole Competition has been devalued by the goings on with Norwich Utd and  The Norfolk FA.  In what should be the Norfolk FA's showpiece event of the season is just now a total farce, of their own making.  The people involved there should hang their heads in shame, and maybe some involved  should move on.  Have we not seen and heard enough from the likes of Sepp Blatter at FIFA ? now we see the Norfolk FA making it up as they go along.

I really do not feel this Competition is anything better than the League Cup that we play in that no one seems to have too much interest in.

Justice will be served if Dereham win I guess, but you're right. It is often laughable that the FA can criticise FIFA when they can't even be consistent around decision making and applying rules correctly.

Any club that takes the League Cup seriously will always have a very good chance of winning it. We used to around the time when Colin Nichols was Chairman. We'd normally reach the Quarter Finals or even Semi Finals before you came up against a team putting a full strength side out.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2016, 12:03:28 PM »
It is surely a bit misleading to label last night's team 'Lynn reserves' - more a Lynn XI, as 3 are now featuring regularly in the first team, 2 have in the recent past and 2 more were / are regular first team squad players.....................Before the usual suspects 'jump upon me' for being seemingly critical - I am only making a point and as I have previously posted, yes I do understand the need sometimes to give Squad players some game time but I also feel sorry for those reserve regulars who had to make way - some of whom did not even make the bench.

I just wonder if it had been a truly reserve team whether the outcome would have been much different?.............We will never know!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2016, 12:25:44 PM »
First team wise there was only Street, Castellan, Mulready  and Jacek.  First team squad members were Fryatt and Edge.

Not sure it always works when you mix and match teams.  We lost,  so  think a full Reserve team would have also lost.  Big gap between step 6 and step 4. Even allowing for home advantage.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2016, 12:44:45 PM »
...and Toby Hilliard?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2016, 01:33:19 PM »
Good call Rod, Forgot Toby.

So 5 Regular first teamers 2 squad... so 7 First teamers and 4 Reserves starting.