Author Topic: Altrincham at Home  (Read 2877 times)

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
Altrincham at Home
« on: October 31, 2019, 10:57:17 AM »
All matches in this league look tough and this one looks no different. Altrincham may only be in 18th place but they have taken some notable scalps this season having beaten Farsley Celtic, Alfreton and drawn with Guiseley in the league and knocked both Chester and Southport out of the cup.

I think it will be tight but Lynn to win 2-1.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Re: Altrincham at Home
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 01:13:35 PM »
3-1 for me with Attendance at 875.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

LUFC1992KLFC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 02:46:46 PM »
What's their away following like??

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 02:52:48 PM »
All about how we respond to both the Cup defeat and a two week break.  Hopefully one or two of the those on the injured list will be included in the Squad.   Will take a scrappy old 1-0 win.

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2019, 02:55:28 PM »
Hard fought 2-0 win  Marriott and hendo
Att 947

Les Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2019, 07:00:34 PM »
Weather forecast currently looks good for Saturday afternoon, Norwich playing at Brighton and with no home matches for almost 3 weeks these factors might result in a crowd of around 1000. Altrincham have scored only 4 goals in 7 away matches so I would expect Lynn to win this 2-0. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2019, 08:53:10 PM »
I would think a 1000 plus unfortunately I won’t be one of them off on a short break in Mallorca

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2019, 09:17:22 AM »
With rain today and more predicted for tomorrow is there any chance tomorrow’s game maybe off ?

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2019, 09:19:09 AM »
Looking at "The Other Site" I have extracted some worrying news:

"Early team news suggests that Ryan Fryatt will again be missing , along with  Chris Smith who continues his recovery from a dislocated  elbow meaning that Rory McAuley remains Town’s only recognised centre back. Ryan Jarvis continues to receive treatment for a troublesome groin injury."

Obviously Chris's injury is more of a longer term problem, Ryan  J's original injury was a face infection but seems to have picked up a groin niggle along the way and Ryan F has still not recovered from an ankle injury (?).

Team for Saturday: Alex Street, Jones, Barrows, McAuley, Fox - Clunan, Richards, Kelly, Henderson - Gash, Marriott. Subs: Payne, Stewart, Hawkins(?) or Joeseph Taylor (11goals for Reserves) Carey, Bastock.

What news Harry Limb  :dontknow: :dontknow:

Has IC managed to get a Centre Back on loan  :dontknow: :dontknow:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2019, 09:29:55 AM »
Ryan Hawkins was On Loan from 23 August for 2months to Dereham.

Is he back yet  :dontknow: :dontknow:

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2019, 10:36:34 AM »
Looking at "The Other Site" I have extracted some worrying news:

"Early team news suggests that Ryan Fryatt will again be missing , along with  Chris Smith who continues his recovery from a dislocated  elbow meaning that Rory McAuley remains Town’s only recognised centre back. Ryan Jarvis continues to receive treatment for a troublesome groin injury."

Obviously Chris's injury is more of a longer term problem, Ryan  J's original injury was a face infection but seems to have picked up a groin niggle along the way and Ryan F has still not recovered from an ankle injury (?).

Team for Saturday: Alex Street, Jones, Barrows, McAuley, Fox - Clunan, Richards, Kelly, Henderson - Gash, Marriott. Subs: Payne, Stewart, Hawkins(?) or Joeseph Taylor (11goals for Reserves) Carey, Bastock.

What news Harry Limb  :dontknow: :dontknow:

Has IC managed to get a Centre Back on loan  :dontknow: :dontknow:

Westlynnmike  I think you will find Ryan J's groin was before the mouth infection He came off with it at York

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2019, 10:58:02 AM »
The squad is what it is.  Should be good enough to compete at this level.  IC has maybe not be able to find the right bodies to add to the quality he has in the squad.  Either that or the budget isn’t quite there to fill in for what is missing.  Maybe the Chairman will shed some light on the situation in his Programme notes tomorrow.   Also be interesting to see what his ‘Big News’ story is that was due to be made public by the end of October.  Or has that one fallen by the wayside as well ?   

Should be worth buying a programme tomorrow as might be some exciting news to read.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2019, 02:06:43 PM »
We do need two centre halves, to be able to really compete equally. RB has done pretty well filling in but RF has been a huge miss while he has been out . Btw, I believe he turned his knee towards the end of the Alfreton replay WLM-don't think he has an ankle issue as well. Thought Smudger's elbow was unstable but not dislocated following his fall(?). RJ has had the groin strain/niggle for a little while..just takes time to heal that type of injury.
The hope was that a bit of time off would give everyone a good chance of being fit for the upcoming 5 games in two weeks.!(?)

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2019, 02:24:13 PM »
Ryan Hawkins was On Loan from 23 August for 2months to Dereham.

Is he back yet  :dontknow: :dontknow:

Quote from Rob Back on FB - Ryan Hawkins is back with Lynn now.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2019, 04:53:41 PM »
Good that Robbie keeps the fans updated on what’s happening at the Club