Author Topic: Lynn News article-CULVERHOUSE "unhappy with lack of defensive cover"  (Read 3613 times)

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
Re: Lynn News article-CULVERHOUSE "unhappy with lack of defensive cover"
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2019, 09:33:05 AM »
Well, as someone said earlier Mallard, the chairman needs to clarify the situation to ease fan anxieties.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2019, 10:04:15 AM »
Well, Ian Culverhouse  "Say's it Better When He Say's Nothing at All".

There was a bit of "Booing" at Half Time - directed at the Ref I think - but Ian Culverhouse seemed not amused according to some around me. He apparently turned and glared at the Stands.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2019, 10:12:14 AM »

There was a bit of "Booing" at Half Time - directed at the Ref I think - but Ian Culverhouse seemed not amused according to some around me. He apparently turned and glared at the Stands.

Any particular part of the Stand?   :dontknow:
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2019, 10:14:02 AM »

Any particular part of the Stand?   :dontknow:
I think the booing came from the directors' box!

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2019, 11:14:19 AM »
IC aimed a shut up and a little more under breath towards the booing and moaning , after to many sideway/or back passes just before HT(imo some people don’t realise  what the lads have done this season and playing against a well formed 5 midfield and back 4 isn’t as easy-as it is  standing on the sides )
I think the lads performed really well and games like yesterday will be a common occurrence when the playing surface becomes sticky and teams come to defend against an exceptional side .

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2019, 11:22:08 AM »
I do wonder if the FA Cup has caused bigger ripples than any of us would have guessed at.
[/quote]

I think this may be the case.... ripples in 2 areas. Firstly I suspect it was asking an awful lot from an overstretched squad, without reinforcements, to have a decent cup run after a hectic opening league schedule. Ultimately, they couldn't maintain their form as the performances against Leek and Nantwich showed......so from a Manager's perspective this is obviously frustrating and now spills over into the league situation.
In the past IC has put all the focus on league, but this time around, there seemed a recognition/resignation that funds from a cup run were needed. I was hoping that was to bolster the squad, but maybe it was just to stand still (?).
SC has done brilliantly bringing the club to where it is on many levels and I am sure he doesn't want to upset the boat at this time, so are the running costs and ground improvement costs taking all the revenue at the mo ?
The key for me is how long Ryan Fryatt and Chris Smith are out for....if Ryan is back in a couple of games, then maybe the brewing issue will pass...if not there could be a problem.
Could I just say also that for me the Lynn News article didn't really portray the interview on YouTube. I realise the video may have been an edited version of the interview, but in the video IC was trying to not get drawn in by the questioning......to my way of thinking the Lynn News article is rather unhelpful and appears to fan the flames somewhat.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2019, 11:34:01 AM »
KES80.
What specific negative impact do you think the cup run has had?

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2019, 01:33:17 PM »
Hi Stan,
I will try to answer succinctly without going over old ground.
Cup run : positives £25k or more in the kitty, but didn't generate the megabucks or increased attendances and no home draw.
                 negatives: has added to the workload , injuries and depletion of the squad and has taken momentum and focus away from the league ( which may /may not affect future crowd levels and income), as evidenced by 3 points from the last 4 games and a crowd of 888 for a Saturday match.
So the squad has performed brilliantly and been pushed to the limit, but is now perceived as not getting the support it deserves and that upsets the Manager, which is also a potentially huge negative

If the club needs the £25k to keep in the black/keep running
then that obviously adds much more to the value of the cup run. If not and some of the money is not used to support the team and placate the manager, then the value of the cup run might be an awful lot less.

So the Cup run is far from being the sole cause of these issues, but has certainly "upped the ante".

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2019, 02:05:26 PM »
King's Lynn Town FC needs a lot more Sponsorship in the form of a bigger name. We have a National Name in Mars - do they sponsor anything in the sporting world?

Palm Paper, Tulip, British Sugar?, Greenyard (Pinguin as was) might be approached.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2019, 02:18:01 PM »
http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/fa-news-mars-england

Agreed WLM...Mars support football... link above....maybe they would do something for the local team.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2019, 02:48:39 PM »
To get commercial support on board there needs to be someone in charge of the commercial development?
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Linnet64

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2019, 06:40:56 PM »
King's Lynn Town FC needs a lot more Sponsorship in the form of a bigger name. We have a National Name in Mars - do they sponsor anything in the sporting world?

Palm Paper, Tulip, British Sugar?, Greenyard (Pinguin as was) might be approached.

Most local Businesses still have a hangover from the old days 70s+. Perhaps approaching Bespak is still a touchy subject.   :dontknow:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2019, 09:23:42 PM »
Maybe now is the time for all those people who said they would be happy to pay extra to put their money where their mouths are? Dig deep for defenders?  :cheers:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2019, 09:46:13 PM »
So what is a ball park figure to bring in another decent quality centre half ? I assume loan would be cheapest, as anyone worth his salt will be on a contract, so that would presumably mean a release fee.
So wages plus NI plus travel expenses for say 30 weeks.... minimum £10k ,(?) I am guessing.Obviously lots cheaper if loan could be just for a few months , then maybe £3k (?).

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!